• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hank

Has Hell Frozen Over?

Rate this topic

Not sure if anyone saw this but the Mullet said that it's not even close - the Wings are the best in the league.

He said that everyone checks, scores, plays defense, etc.

I almost choked on a delicious salami sandwich topped with mouth-watering provolone cheese slathered in greek dressing and mayo.

Lets not get to crazy.

He did mention that detroit is the best team right now. He also mentioned that he thought San Jose is in the top three. Now they do have a lot of talent that doesn't seem to be produce right now. But how the hell do you put them in the top three right now.

I guess we should all just be happy that the is in the wings band wagon right now and enjoy it while we can. I do think that he showed his stupidity when he put the sharks in that group as well.

this means trouble. Mullet is deadly killer when it comes to passing bad karma on Wings and when he praises Wings this means some s***'s gonna happen. just to remind you: every single time Mullet picked Wings to win the cup we sucked balls big time and get booted in 1st or 2nd round.

I most certainly don't want to hear him praising Wings. let him kiss Dives a* and leave my team alone

Edited by akustyk

I'd prefer to fly under the radar personally

Me too.

this means trouble. Mullet is deadly killer when it comes to passing bad karma on Wings and when he praises Wings this means some s***'s gonna happen. just to remind you: every single time Mullet picked Wings to win the cup we sucked balls big time and get booted in 1st or 2nd round.

What Melrose says doesn't mean anything. It's all superstition. Still I know what you mean; I'd rather his focus be on another team.

I'd prefer to fly under the radar personally

i dont , i like having the target on our head, makes for good games. makes our players play with that much more heart and courage. games are tad more feistey. lovvvinnit

i dont , i like having the target on our head, makes for good games. makes our players play with that much more heart and courage. games are tad more feistey. lovvvinnit

That's a good point, but I think the winged wheel serves as target enough without Melrose piling on.

he's actually been kissing the Wings ass all season...

Not by choice, though; with the way the Wings have been playing, he's pretty much had to.

It's fun watching him praise them. You can tell he doesn't believe a word he's saying. Lots of grunty "Um"s.

Well we are a pretty damn good team. Ottawa is giving us a run for our money, but as of now we have the best record.

And i think its worth mentioning that I will flip out with excitement if the Wings verse Ottawa in the finals this year. That would be such an intense series.

Well we are a pretty damn good team. Ottawa is giving us a run for our money, but as of now we have the best record.

And i think its worth mentioning that I will flip out with excitement if the Wings verse Ottawa in the finals this year. That would be such an intense series.

Hopefully Ottawa would play the same way they did against Anaheim last year in the finals.

Melrose now says:

Orr

Harvey

Lids

Neidermayer

Robinson

Runner ups

Bourque

Potvin

and I missed the last one.

I would argue that Bourque is better than Robinson and I would say better than Neidermayer.

Melrose now says:

Orr

Harvey

Lids

Neidermayer

Robinson

Runner ups

Bourque

Potvin

and I missed the last one.

I would argue that Bourque is better than Robinson and I would say better than Neidermayer.

I'm surprised Barry has Lidstrom in his top 10 since he's not Canadian. Also, what the hell is Niedermayer doing there? He only won 1 Norris trophy. I wouldn't have even put him in my top 10. I'd put Bourque 4th and Potvin 5th, while keeping the top 3 in the same order.

He said Stanley Cups is what kept Bourque off of his list, but Bourque has how many Norris Trophies.

I don't see how cups relate to a player being the best at his position, except goalies.

In net you have a much more hands on effect on wins and losses, as a skater the impact is lessened.

Lids could have been the best defenseman ever, made it to 8 WCF's, 5 SCF's, the playoffs every year of his career, scored more points than any other defenseman, and the possibility exists he would never win a Cup.

Would that mean that he doesn't belong in the top 5 by using the Cup rule?

I most certainly don't want to hear him praising Wings. let him kiss Dives a* and leave my team alone

Melrose definitely struggles when it comes to praising the Wings but he just takes longer than most. In '97 he waiited until the Wings lead PHI 2 games to none before saying the Wings were going to win it all.

That being said, I don't have the mindset that what one analyst says about the team will determine any certain outcome. Let's just hope our boys continue this type of play.

Melrose definitely struggles when it comes to praising the Wings but he just takes longer than most. In '97 he waiited until the Wings lead PHI 2 games to none before saying the Wings were going to win it all.

I seem to remember him saying that the Wings would win in '97 only after the Wings were up 3-0!!! ...and it was only grudgingly, with lots of teasing from John Saunders.