• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DBR

Last Red Wing to not wear a helmet?

Rate this topic

My co-worker asked me if I knew who was the last Red Wing to NOT wear a helmet and I couldn't remember. I know that Crag McTavish was the last NHLer to not wear a helmet, but does anyone know who the last Red Wing was????

Thanks!

um. you guys shouldnt be remembering these guys who refused to wear helments. they had a choice to wear a safety device and they chose not to just too look cool. they made the people who watched them think helments were unnecessary. thats dumb. they shouldnt be rememberd. they should be forgotten. this topic should be about the first person to wear a gosh darn helment!

Guest jaytan

I can't remember the name, but I'm pretty sure there was still one guy on the team going helmetless into the 90s.

um. you guys shouldnt be remembering these guys who refused to wear helments. they had a choice to wear a safety device and they chose not to just too look cool. they made the people who watched them think helments were unnecessary. thats dumb. they shouldnt be rememberd. they should be forgotten. this topic should be about the first person to wear a gosh darn helment!

Do you get nosebleeds from way up there on your pedestal?

I dont remember that last Red Wings to not wear a helmet, but I remember MacTavish being helmetless (due to the grandfather clause) in the league after the rule had been made forever.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings

I'd like to say it was Harold :D but I'm pretty sure it was actually Mike O'Connell.

He played with the team through the 1990 season, and I'm fairly certain he never wore a lid.

EDIT: I forgot about Marsh until a couple people mentioned him here. I think he may have been in the lineup after O'Connell.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Chelios wears a helmet, so everyone else wants to wear one too.

What's to stop Chelios from setting fashion/safety trends?

Coolness is everything! In the words of Homer (Simpson): "You shouldn't say anything unless you're sure that everyone in the room feels exactly the same way as you."

Do you get nosebleeds from way up there on your pedestal?

I dont remember that last Red Wings to not wear a helmet, but I remember MacTavish being helmetless (due to the grandfather clause) in the league after the rule had been made forever.

great job insulting me instead of using facts to debate my facts. now everyone thinks youre 7.

by the way, i teach fourth grade, and just so you're clear on facts vs. opinions, i've graded your homework:

great job insulting me instead of using facts to debate my facts.

you guys shouldnt be remembering these guys who refused to wear helments. - OPINION

they had a choice to wear a safety device and they chose not to just too look cool. - OPINION

they made the people who watched them think helments were unnecessary. - OPINION

thats dumb. - OPINION

they shouldnt be rememberd. - OPINION

they should be forgotten. - OPINION

this topic should be about the first person to wear a gosh darn helment! - OPINION

i ony recently found out mactavish missed an entire season while in jail. is this common knowledge?

It's not common knowledge, but he did kill a woman with his car while driving drunk, which is why he served the jail sentence. One year is too light a punishment if you ask me though.

great job insulting me instead of using facts to debate my facts. now everyone thinks youre 7.

Fortunately I'm in the position of not giving a s***.

However, if you come into a thread and basically rip it to shreds, you shouldn't be so sensitive to a snarky line thrown your way.

Anyway, I was unaware of MacTavish's jail time. Must have been going on before my time or when I was too young to remember.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings