Rate this topic

Great idea!

CONTENDERS

West- Detroit, Vancouver, San Jose

East- Ottawa, New Jersey, Rangers

PRETENDERS

West- St. Louis, Dallas, Colorado, Minnesota

East- The Southeast Division, Pittsburgh, Buffalo

Only one i disagree with on Drapers list is the Ducks.. i see them being a real test. and pickin up there play as of late and will continue to do so. With the addition of Schneider i can honestly say that have the BEST dman unit in along long time. and there offence isnt bad either. They are real.. and will give us fits some PO time.

Great idea!

CONTENDERS

PRETENDERS

I hate to agree with your Vancouver pick but I do, with Bobby Lou between the pipes they will go as far as he can take them which could be a long ways. He can't lead them all the way but he can take them far. I watch them alot living in the west and the more I watch them the more I think Vigneault is possibly the best coach in this league. They are thin on talent past their first line and they have had multiple injuries this year but they find a way to make mix and match lineups work. I think Ottawa's situation is very similar to ours, great lineup throughout and both teams goaltending has been good but will the goaltending hold up when it counts!!

Only one i disagree with on Drapers list is the Ducks.. i see them being a real test. and pickin up there play as of late and will continue to do so. With the addition of Schneider i can honestly say that have the BEST dman unit in along long time. and there offence isnt bad either. They are real.. and will give us fits some PO time.

Their D crew is good...their top 3 look really good but I will take our 6 over their 6 any day.

Lets compare our D lineups at this very moment :

Lids, Rafalski, Niedermayer, Pronger are basically a saw off so lets move on

I would have to say that Chelli, Lebda, Lilja, Kronner are much more solid than Scnheids, Francine Beachemin, Odonnell and Huskins. Thats just my opinion. They do have more skill on D but our chemistry and positional play is superior to their D. Jesus, O'Donnell is slower than Lilja!! :scared:

Anaheim is a contender, there is no doubt about it.

As much as we hate them, i think they're the only team in the west that can deny us a cup oppourtunity

i think i would add calgary to the contender list in the west, i know thay got off to a slow start but they're picking it up lately, and i think they've got a team that's made for the playoffs ... we beat them last year, but i'd still rather not face them in the first round again ... hopefully they don't end up as the 8 seed ...

Anaheim is a contender, there is no doubt about it.

As much as we hate them, i think they're the only team in the west that can deny us a cup oppourtunity

Based on what? We are just about halfway through the season and here's the numbers:

Power Play - 24th

PK - 22nd

Goal For Avergare - 26th

Goals Against Average - 9th

Goal Differential - 21st

Winning Percentage - 16th (.539) 10th in the West. There points makes them 7th in the west but if you factor in the "games in hand" they wouldn't even make the playoffs.

So how on earth can you say they are a contender? They aren't even a playoff team.

Sure their is a half season to go but to go from being out of the playoffs to a cup contender in half a season is not realistic.

Time to move on. The Ducks were good for a year but so was Tampa and Carolina....

The Ducks are the only team in the west that really concerns me. Throw out the games before Niedermayer came back. Now that he's returned (4-0-1 since he returned), they're winning games like they did last year, 2-1 and such. Their offense is a bit suspect, that's their weakness. But they can still try to make a move to address that.

After Anaheim and Detroit, it's a pick-em in the west. Any team could get hot and make a playoff run.

i think i would add calgary to the contender list in the west, i know thay got off to a slow start but they're picking it up lately, and i think they've got a team that's made for the playoffs ... we beat them last year, but i'd still rather not face them in the first round again ... hopefully they don't end up as the 8 seed ...

While Calgary is not a team to take lightly by any means, Kipper has not been giving them they quality of goal tending they need to be considered one of the elite teams in the west.

Their D crew is good...their top 3 look really good but I will take our 6 over their 6 any day.

Lets compare our D lineups at this very moment :

Lids, Rafalski, Niedermayer, Pronger are basically a saw off so lets move on

I'd rather have Niedermayer/Pronger than Lidstrom/Rafalski.

Edited by evil204

Contenders: Detroit, NJ, Calgary, Ottawa

Pretenders: Pittsburgh, Anahiem, Dallas, Colorado

On a side note: does anyone else have NHL08? Notice how Busch league the Ducks are somehow having every player from last season and new acquisitions, along players like Bertuzzi being rated like it was 6 years ago. Schnieder, Neidermeyer, Pronger, Bertuzzi, Penner, Getzlaf, McDonald, Selanne, Perry haha and apparently if Teemu touches the puck its a goal no matter what haha

Based on what? We are just about halfway through the season and here's the numbers:

Power Play - 24th

PK - 22nd

Goal For Avergare - 26th

Goals Against Average - 9th

Goal Differential - 21st

Winning Percentage - 16th (.539) 10th in the West. There points makes them 7th in the west but if you factor in the "games in hand" they wouldn't even make the playoffs.

So how on earth can you say they are a contender? They aren't even a playoff team.

Sure their is a half season to go but to go from being out of the playoffs to a cup contender in half a season is not realistic.

Time to move on. The Ducks were good for a year but so was Tampa and Carolina....

If they make the playoffs (which they will), then you throw out the regular season because it doesnt matter anymore. The Ducks will be a contender and tough to play against. That's why I'm hoping San Jose goes out and trades away all there youth for rentals, faces Anaheim in the first round and beats them up, making it much easier for us to put Anaheim away in the 2nd round or 3rd. (Because we will have to face Anaheim to win the cup).

Flames and Sharks are not playing well now, but there's still 40+ games to play. Both teams have outstanding goalies, solid defense and offense. I doubt anyone would like to play them in the 1st round.

I wish Red Wings meet Wild in 1st round, that would be a sweep.

Contenders

Detroit

Ottawa

New Jersey

New York Rangers

Dallas

Pretenders

Vancouver

Montreal

Pitsburgh

Anaheim

Chicago

anaheim is not a pretender they have experience great goaltending and great defence

Just my opinion,im sure theres going to be different ones though :hehe:

Fair enough..thats your opinion..personally I wouldn't trade Lidstrom for both of them!!

Yeah, at least with Lids ans Raf you know you have two solid Dmen in the line up every night. Not a guy who will get suspended 2 or 3 times a season or a guy who might not even show up at all.

Great idea!

CONTENDERS

PRETENDERS

vancouver is not a contender