• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rage

Sergei Samsonov on Waivers

Rate this topic

Guest wingswillwincup

omg hes on waivers ?! ...... maybe we'll get lucky and he'll go back in and we can get him at half price !! ...... kiddingggg :P

Guest Crymson
Make It Happen Kenny.

I hope you're kidding, though given your thoughts on Mark Recchi you may, sadly, very well be serious.

I hope you're kidding, though given your thoughts on Mark Recchi you may, sadly, very well be serious.

He's the same guy who thought Kronwall should be the next captain!! :lol: On a serious note Samsanov is a joke, the only time in his career when he had consistent output is when he played with Thornton. I'm fat and out of shape and Thornton could probably get me a few goals if I stood in front of the net with my stick on the ice!!

I'd maybe swap one sammy for the other. Samuelsson is the onle wing on the roster I want moved. With the roster we have samsonov cant be worse playing with these kind of players. Watching samuelsson me thinks hes learned nothing except how to be lazy and suck, oh and how to pass the puck to the other teams goalie and call them shots!

Guest DetroitIan

I just don't understand what happend to this guy's game. He used to be such a promising player. But now, he can hardly stay on an NHL roster. Obviously I don't want him in Detroit. But I do hope he gets some of his game back. Hope to see someone pick him up. Sergei has alot of lowering to do, when it comes to his asking price next season.

I'd maybe swap one sammy for the other. Samuelsson is the onle wing on the roster I want moved. With the roster we have samsonov cant be worse playing with these kind of players. Watching samuelsson me thinks hes learned nothing except how to be lazy and suck, oh and how to pass the puck to the other teams goalie and call them shots!

You're kidding right? Sammy is not the greatest player on the Wings but I wouldn't say he sucks. Samasanov is a -7 this year with 0 goals and 4 assists. Sammy is +9 with 5 goals and 16 assists. There is no way that Sammy is worse than Samsanov. Samsanov just got waived by a mediocre team, Sammy is a regular on the best team in the league.

You're kidding right? Sammy is not the greatest player on the Wings but I wouldn't say he sucks. Samasanov is a -7 this year with 0 goals and 4 assists. Sammy is +9 with 5 goals and 16 assists. There is no way that Sammy is worse than Samsanov. Samsanov just got waived by a mediocre team, Sammy is a regular on the best team in the league.

Well Put! :clap:

As poorly as Samsonov has performed this season, despite his outrageous price tag, I would pick him up. Here's why:

Samsonov still has wicked hands and ridiculous speed. What he hasn't had anywhere he's played has been a regular Russian linemate. I would pick him up and try him with Dats and see how it works. At worst, the Wings waive him and he's off the cap. At best, we pick up the top-six scoring forward everyone here wants, and we can split up DZH if necessary. If Samsonov works out and performs like a top six, we could roll the following lines or something similar:

Hudler-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Samsonov-Datsyuk-Samuelsson

Franzen-Filppula-Cleary

Maltby-Draper-Kopecky

As poorly as Samsonov has performed this season, despite his outrageous price tag, I would pick him up. Here's why:

Samsonov still has wicked hands and ridiculous speed. What he hasn't had anywhere he's played has been a regular Russian linemate. I would pick him up and try him with Dats and see how it works. At worst, the Wings waive him and he's off the cap. At best, we pick up the top-six scoring forward everyone here wants, and we can split up DZH if necessary. If Samsonov works out and performs like a top six, we could roll the following lines or something similar:

Hudler-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Samsonov-Datsyuk-Samuelsson

Franzen-Filppula-Cleary

Maltby-Draper-Kopecky

There's a lot of teams that are sorry because they put too much stock into those exact attributes you mention. If a guy has no heart, those other things don't matter.

Well i would be all for, only if we could cut his pay drastically. He played great when with the Vipers and he made his home here in detroit. His family is still here and he spends his off seasons here. I have always wondered if he would play better here in detroit because he would be with his family.

NOt worth the risk now.

switch samuelsson to chicago and samsonov to detroit and their stats would be reversed and samuelsson would be the one getting waived. I just figured the swap because samsonov is faster, but they are pretty much the same player.