• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
canadienhater

Who do we fear

Rate this topic

Who is it wings fans. what team do you see as our road block. the team that goes bump in the night the team that can ruin our season. who can send hockeytown home sad again

top tier

anahiem. defending champs need I say more

san jose. fire wilson wake up cheecho and marleau they have the talent

vancouver. tough place for us to play goaltending means at least twice as much come playoff time

ottawa easier path to the finals, talent, and might catch a tired red wing team

Sleepers

Chicago they don t fear us , young talent and a stanley cup winning goalie in net

calgary they just make me nervous

Edited by canadienhater

Guest wingswillwincup

not afraid of the ducks considering we should of beaten them and i think were better this year , zetterberg and datsyuk are better ,filppula and hudler are better we got rafalski

Only team that scares me is canucks and just care of luongo

Anything can happen, but Anaheim and Vancouver scare me. Anaheim because of their defense and that Giguere seems to always be a stud against the Wings. Vancouver because of, again, their defense and Luongo can put that team on his back.

Edited by ARice89

Every team scares me in the playoffs, especially the ones we play in the 1st round but these ones are the ones I fear the most.

West

Chicago- I can easily see us losing a 5 game series to them if they sneak in that 8th or 7th slot in the 1st round.

Vancouver- If this team stays healthy they are a serious threat to us, especially if Luongo gets hot. Worse yet, they have a team that understands our style of play better than most.

Dallas- Have been looking very good lately... seems to be some actual chemistry there, and if Turco is hot.. my god.

East

Ottawa- no explanation needed

New York- If the rangers can find chemistry on offense they will have a scary team, especially considering through the first quarter of the season they were one of the strongest teams defensively somehow.

I think we have all the tools to beat any team out there at its best. We have the hottest line in the league, our secondary scoring finally got its groove going, we have two of the greatest goalies in the league (thats really not fair, to be honest :) ), we have proven we can take and give a check when the time comes, we have tight defense (aside from lilja, of course), and assuming we make a trade at the deadline, some factor or another is going to get even better.

So to be honest, all the greatest things that can keep us from winning a cup this year are things that revolve around our own team. Getting cocky, underestimating the opponent, injuries, not giving it 100% for at least 60 minutes (and any extra time required to beat the more stubborn teams). Babcock really has an important job trying to prevent us from stumbling over these potentially dangerous obstacles, but he did spectacular last year, so I have confidence that he can pull it off this year.

So to answer your question, I'm personally not afraid of any single team out there as we have the resources to take anyone on, but Ottawa and St. Louis (believe it or not) are actually the two teams that I can see giving us the hardest time.

The only team i fear that could beat detroit is a team in the division and seeing as i don't think any other teams in our division will make it i am not afraid of anyone else. Anaheim is an old team for the most part and i think i would like to actually face them first if they make the playoffs

So to be honest, all the greatest things that can keep us from winning a cup this year are things that revolve around our own team. Getting cocky, underestimating the opponent, injuries, not giving it 100% for at least 60 minutes (and any extra time required to beat the more stubborn teams). Babcock really has an important job trying to prevent us from stumbling over these potentially dangerous obstacles, but he did spectacular last year, so I have confidence that he can pull it off this year.

True that. Does no one else remember 95-96? I'm bullish on our chances this year, but history has proven that the Wings are never a lock.

In the West: Calgary. With that line of Langkow, Huselius and Iginla they can score at any time and if Kipper gets hot in the playoffs they CAN beat us. Especially if they get in as the 8th seed and we finish 1st. Phaneuf would in all likelihood injure at least two of our forwards by the 6th game. The temptation to look past them and not prepare enough coupled with the pressure of "choking" to the 8th seed if Calgary happens to win the first one would be kryptonite for us. Honourable mentions: San Jose and Dallas

In the East: Philly. If Gagne comes back and plays with Briere, look out. Richards emergence as a true leader along with Carter and Lupul's scoring will be lethal if they form a line and follow the Gagne/Briere/Knuble line. The playoff "grit" they have with Smith/Hatcher on the back end and Hartnell/Richards up front seems like it could be money in the playoffs. Nittimaki doesn't scare me as much as Brodeur or Lundquist would but then again neither does Gerber/Emery in Ottawa and they've been hot all year long so far. Honourable mentions: Carolina and New Jersey

Edited by daniel1

No one from the East really - there is something about Ottawa that makes me feel like the Wings could take them.

In the West - San Jose, maybe Anaheim, and to tell you the truth, the Oilers always seem to play the Wings really tough.

Guest DetroitIan

This will sound pretty arrogant. But we're the Red Wings. We fear no one. It's the other teams that have the fear. They all fear the big red machine. We might not be able to fight. But we sure are deadly.

This will sound pretty arrogant. But we're the Red Wings. We fear no one. It's the other teams that have the fear. They all fear the big red machine. We might not be able to fight. But we sure are deadly.

Oof. I'm glad your name isn't Babcock.

Great avatar, though.

Edited by Uncle Danny