• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

12/31 GDT: Blues 2, Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

Yep...that was ugly..tough night. I'm sure as hell glad we don't play games like that very often. Here's to a new year and another winning streak starting on Wednesday!! Have a good new year everyone and be safe, have fun and don't get arrested!! :ph34r:

Guest Jeremy88
Blech. I'm off to drink more. Happy new year, everyone. I may be here for the Winter Classic tomorrow. Just to rag on Sid, of course. :P

Sir, you suck! Being 19 sucks...and my only 19 year old friend won't go to canada cuz he's too big of a ***** to drink.

I'm sure when push comes to shove in the playoffs, they'll be ready to play. It's a regular season game, and the way I see it, the more points the Blues can get, the better chance they can knock the Ducks out of the playoffs.

Just go have fun tonight, all this will be water under the bridge when they play Dallas on Wednesday.

I'm thinking some of you are overreacting just a bit. It's impossible for any team to put forth their best effort game in and game out. It's not going to happen. Unfortunately we didn't win tonight, but it's not the end of the world.

Hope everyone has a great New Year!

Hopefully 2008 is a great one for our boys. GO WINGS!!!

Why do I think you would not be so calm and collected if it was Ozzie they'd left hanging out there, busting his butt tonight, with nothing to show for it? It's not impossible to answer one goal, not for this team - they just didn't do it tonight. You'd have to ask them why they let the Blues shut them out for the first time in 14 years in their own barn.

Happy New Year to all!

Yep, we all know that. But still, the rivalry is there, and we're all sick of them and their cheap shots, and want to see the Wings kick their asses.

Edit: Best things about tonight were Dom playing outstanding, and Downey beating up on Walker.

Edited by tazzer82

Just go have fun tonight, all this will be water under the bridge when they play Dallas on Wednesday.

I would bet my tickets for Stars/Wings on Jan 5 in Dallas that they show up Wedneday night. It's pretty predictable.

Hey all. Haven't posted here in a while, but thought I'd weigh in on this one. Blues took the puck possesion game right from the Wings. Not having Zetterburg and Holmstrom is the only thing that might that possible. Pretty solidly defensively by both teams. It figures a d-man would score the goal in the end...The back and forth series between our teams this year continues.

Like many other posters here, I have thought for some time now that there will be a DET/STL 1st round playoff, and that should be a good one. It seems the Blues play some of their best hockey against the Wings....

Happy New Year and be safe...

I had two friends drive from STL to KC for the game tonight and we are delerious. We were doing a big group hug after EJ scored and again after the empty net goal.

Thrilling, and a great way to end the year.

First shutout of Wings since Guy Hebert, Jan 11, 1993. 12 days later Cujo beat up Cheveldae and Blues beat wings at the Arena.

Cab is on the way for a crazy night of celebration for the year, and the win, and champagne.

Looking forward to the next game. You guys have a great, great team over there. Depth offensively, OSgood suprisingly good, and Lidstrom still kicking ass. He is right there with Zubov. Have a great new years, and go hockey.

Go Blues!

Jack J Adams

Looks like the team was thinking more about New Years Eve than playing the damn game. I guess we should have expected a letdown after that dominant road trip. The guys probably figured they wouldn't even have to show up to win this game even without Hank and Homer in the lineup. Other than Hudler's mini-breakout, I'm hard pressed to find another great scoring chance this game. Pathetic effort against a divison opponent we had to shut up.

Looks like the team was thinking more about New Years Eve than playing the damn game. I guess we should have expected a letdown after that dominant road trip. The guys probably figured they wouldn't even have to show up to win this game even without Hank and Homer in the lineup. Other than Hudler's mini-breakout, I'm hard pressed to find another great scoring chance this game. Pathetic effort against a divison opponent we had to shut up.

the only other chance was Dats' quick shot right off the face-off, which Legace read perfectly. Of course, he did. <_<

Totally pathetic. At least they didn't totally screw Dom on sv% since ENs don't count. I'll take what I can get tonight and like it, I guess. ;)

Is Zetterberg supposed to be back for Jan. 2? I'm so sick of " a few days" turning into a few weeks every time he's injured.

Watch, he'll be out till feb

I'll bet Hank and Maltby are out until after the All-Star Break. That will mess up the marketing plans on the ASG, with no Zetterberg, but he's got no business going if he can't play regular games.

the only other chance was Dats' quick shot right off the face-off, which Legace read perfectly. Of course, he did. <_<

Totally pathetic. At least they didn't totally screw Dom on sv% since ENs don't count. I'll take what I can get tonight and like it, I guess. ;)

Puckloo, it's all Dom's fault. If he didn't give up that goal, we would have had overtime and a shootout to win the game. Everyone in their right mind knows that Osgood wouldn't have given up that goal.

:lol:

Just kidding. I'm trying to give you a hard time. Have a happy new year.

I'll bet Hank and Maltby are out until after the All-Star Break. That will mess up the marketing plans on the ASG, with no Zetterberg, but he's got no business going if he can't play regular games.

If you're right then this will be a rough month. Wings will probably struggle to break .500, the January schedule is brutal.

No question either who is more valuable to this team... At least Datsyuk doesn't have a back made out of paper.

Puckloo, it's all Dom's fault. If he didn't give up that goal, we would have had overtime and a shootout to win the game. Everyone in their right mind knows that Osgood wouldn't have given up that goal.

:lol:

Just kidding. I'm trying to give you a hard time. Have a happy new year.

:lol: You're sooo funny. J/K I know you're kidding. Too bad there are people in here who probably DO think this loss was on Dom, and who believe that Ozzie would have won the game with no goals for. Somehow. :hehe:

Happy New Year, GMR! :drunk:

Edited by puckloo39

If you're right then this will be a rough month. Wings will probably struggle to break .500, the January schedule is brutal.

No question either who is more valuable to this team... At least Datsyuk doesn't have a back made out of paper.

oh, man, I hope I am wrong. I just can't help but think about Hank and that back last season, and how it stretched from days to weeks, even though every day was "day-to-day." Scary. I haven't really missed Maltby, but I have missed Homer out there, especially tonight.

Anyway, what's the Russian word for horse, because Datsyuk is going to have to shoulder the load for this team in January, I think.

Anything to get Drake out of the lineup at this point <_< Seeing as he made the most half hearted effort I have ever seen to clear the puck tonight and gave the Blues their first goal. god he's ineffective.

I am with you. Maybe he got confused by the Blues uniforms and thought he was playing for them again? Being back McCarty, I say! He would be better even at this point. At least he would care...