285 replies to this topic

#221 FinRedWing

FinRedWing

Not against the cap

• HoF Booster
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (Aussie_Wing @ January 1, 2008 - 04:19AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All for it, completely worthless if you ask me.

But I'm pretty infuriated right now so I wouldn't take too much of what I say to heart.

sad.gif

QUOTE (edicius @ January 1, 2008 - 04:19AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blech. I'm off to drink more. Happy new year, everyone. I may be here for the Winter Classic tomorrow. Just to rag on Sid, of course. tongue.gif

Happy new year,Edi. I've done enough partying tonight,but you go right ahead.
Winter Classic+hangover and pizza = Tasty
Burke.gif

#222 jpfalcon09

jpfalcon09

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:25 PM

Come on, guys. 4 games in 6 nights, after a long west coast trip, you can give them a break. I'm sure they'll be ready Wednesday after everything settles back down. They can afford to hit some bumps in the road with their record.

#223 tazzer82

tazzer82

Playoff time

• PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (4nson @ December 31, 2007 - 09:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, you guys get worked up.

Not worked up so much, just pissed off that they showed hardly any real effort at all tonight. We all know they are capable of playing better, and none of us like the Blues, so that adds to it as well.
“The only people Chris Osgood owes anything to are himself and his teammates.” - Mickey Redmond

#224 commadore183

commadore183

Versus televised America's last nuclear bomb test

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:26 PM

We R.E.A.L.L.Y need to work on this Central division crapola that this has become. If we weren't moping the floor with the other divisions, we could have had serious issues then it comes to this division.

Stay safe and sleep well, everyone. Good night and Happy New Year smile.gif

Edited by commadore183, 31 December 2007 - 09:28 PM.

Mike Illich does not care about Detroit. Boycott 2013 Winter Cla$$ic.
Skilled hockey is, and will forever be, winning hockey. Deal with it.
"A perfect vision, some simple ways to let you know
Free range humans all couped up naked clone is playing lame" Avon by Queens of the Stone Age

#225 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,661 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:27 PM

Looks like the Wings have taken advantage this season of beating up on weak opponents. Only this time the weak opponents consist of the Pacific, Northwest, Southeast, and Northeast divisions. I guess thosef****** idiot blues fans are going to come to this forum tomorrow to tell us about how great and dominant their team is. That's the worst part about losing to them.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#226 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:27 PM

Yep...that was ugly..tough night. I'm sure as hell glad we don't play games like that very often. Here's to a new year and another winning streak starting on Wednesday!! Have a good new year everyone and be safe, have fun and don't get arrested!! ph34r.gif

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#227 Jeremy88

Jeremy88

Do u work at subway? Cuz u just gave me a 5 dollar foot long

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (edicius @ December 31, 2007 - 09:19PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blech. I'm off to drink more. Happy new year, everyone. I may be here for the Winter Classic tomorrow. Just to rag on Sid, of course. tongue.gif

Sir, you suck! Being 19 sucks...and my only 19 year old friend won't go to canada cuz he's too big of a ***** to drink.
my president is black

#228 jpfalcon09

jpfalcon09

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:29 PM

I'm sure when push comes to shove in the playoffs, they'll be ready to play. It's a regular season game, and the way I see it, the more points the Blues can get, the better chance they can knock the Ducks out of the playoffs.

Just go have fun tonight, all this will be water under the bridge when they play Dallas on Wednesday.

#229 4nson

4nson

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:30 PM

I can see not liking the Blues, but even after tonight the Wings are still 19 points ahead of them.

#230 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (HockeyCrazy3033 @ December 31, 2007 - 08:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm thinking some of you are overreacting just a bit. It's impossible for any team to put forth their best effort game in and game out. It's not going to happen. Unfortunately we didn't win tonight, but it's not the end of the world.

Hope everyone has a great New Year!

Hopefully 2008 is a great one for our boys. GO WINGS!!!

Why do I think you would not be so calm and collected if it was Ozzie they'd left hanging out there, busting his butt tonight, with nothing to show for it? It's not impossible to answer one goal, not for this team - they just didn't do it tonight. You'd have to ask them why they let the Blues shut them out for the first time in 14 years in their own barn.

Happy New Year to all!

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#231 tazzer82

tazzer82

Playoff time

• PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:31 PM

Yep, we all know that. But still, the rivalry is there, and we're all sick of them and their cheap shots, and want to see the Wings kick their asses.

Edit: Best things about tonight were Dom playing outstanding, and Downey beating up on Walker.

Edited by tazzer82, 31 December 2007 - 09:33 PM.

“The only people Chris Osgood owes anything to are himself and his teammates.” - Mickey Redmond

#232 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (jpfalcon09 @ December 31, 2007 - 08:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just go have fun tonight, all this will be water under the bridge when they play Dallas on Wednesday.

I would bet my tickets for Stars/Wings on Jan 5 in Dallas that they show up Wedneday night. It's pretty predictable.

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Better than Ever

#233 BluesFan84

BluesFan84

Lets go Blues!

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:33 PM

Hey all. Haven't posted here in a while, but thought I'd weigh in on this one. Blues took the puck possesion game right from the Wings. Not having Zetterburg and Holmstrom is the only thing that might that possible. Pretty solidly defensively by both teams. It figures a d-man would score the goal in the end...The back and forth series between our teams this year continues.

Like many other posters here, I have thought for some time now that there will be a DET/STL 1st round playoff, and that should be a good one. It seems the Blues play some of their best hockey against the Wings....

Happy New Year and be safe...

#234 Jack T Adams

Jack T Adams

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:34 PM

I had two friends drive from STL to KC for the game tonight and we are delerious. We were doing a big group hug after EJ scored and again after the empty net goal.

Thrilling, and a great way to end the year.

First shutout of Wings since Guy Hebert, Jan 11, 1993. 12 days later Cujo beat up Cheveldae and Blues beat wings at the Arena.

Cab is on the way for a crazy night of celebration for the year, and the win, and champagne.

Looking forward to the next game. You guys have a great, great team over there. Depth offensively, OSgood suprisingly good, and Lidstrom still kicking ass. He is right there with Zubov. Have a great new years, and go hockey.

Go Blues!

Jack J Adams

#235 Datsyukian Geek

Datsyukian Geek

1st Line Sniper

• Silver Booster
  • 971 posts

My DRW 3 stars (Granted I can't really see what's going on, so don't kill me if you disagree tongue.gif)

3rd Star: Aaron Downey
2nd Star: Mark Hartigan
1st Star: Dominik Hasek

#236 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

NHL Three Stars:

1. Legace
2. Hasek
3. Johnson (for the only goal of the night)

I'd say that's about right, except 50% of the shots on Legace were powderpuffs.

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#237 wingsfan40

wingsfan40

Zetterberg: Simply Impresses Everytime He's On The Ice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:35 PM

I miss hank.... bye2.gif

#238 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,661 posts

Looks like the team was thinking more about New Years Eve than playing the damn game. I guess we should have expected a letdown after that dominant road trip. The guys probably figured they wouldn't even have to show up to win this game even without Hank and Homer in the lineup. Other than Hudler's mini-breakout, I'm hard pressed to find another great scoring chance this game. Pathetic effort against a divison opponent we had to shut up.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#239 Nero

Nero

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Pathetic Game. Pathetic Goals. Pathetic work by the Red Wings.

#240 EuroTwinLove40

EuroTwinLove40

2nd Line Scorer

• Silver Booster
  • 702 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:37 PM

Looks like I picked a good game to miss eh?? Hearing about this apparantely disgusting loss makes my already bad night even worse! dry.gif

Just have to put this one behind us I guess. Every one have a happy new year bye1.gif