• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Wings Saving Capspace for reason

Rate this topic

at this point nothing would really surprise me. do we have a really solid team right now? obviously. do we have issues in case of injury? possibly. we fared pretty well without 2/3 of our top line (the st. louis shutout notwithstanding), so it seems like we could carry on pretty well even with injuries to our forwards -- although you could pretty easily make the argument that guys like flipper would have a harder time having multi-goal games in a playoff environment. our offense is pretty potent right now, so you could say that a forward signing would help with depth in case of injuries. same goes for d. so, i could see mgmt. standing pat, though in some ways i'd like depth signings. a blockbuster is unlikely, i think, but never say never. there are some dream scenarios involving top-notch players. any huge scoring threat would make this team even more scary than it already is but, at least at this point, it doesn't seem like we NEED one.

it'll be intersting to see how the next month plays out, regarding both injuries and production. we all rag on sammy a lot, and he is inconsistent, but if his recent production keeps up and -- dare i say it -- improves slightly, he *could* be a scoring threat that we need. it's hard to say, but i think it's possible. at the same time, i wouldn't mind seeing him traded for someone that fits in better. that's a trade that would not surprise me at all.

and again hudler gets no respect and moved down to the 3rd line lol :P

ummm id say no way to ever getting mike comrie here , we dont need another smallish forward, thats the last thing we need , and i made a topic about getting rob blake but as long as brad stuart is ufa at the end of the season hes a guy i wouldnt mind

Doesnt matter if hes smallish. Hes smallish like Steve Thomas was smallish. Hes still got great assets - hes physical and hes very fast...and hes got the skills to make it on this team. I think its been made very clear that big lumbering forwards dont work out in the Wings system anymore. If were gonna get big forwards, they need to be good skaters with hands, which limits our options.

I doubt it.

I can see us dumping Sammy, for a 4th line grinder and a draft selection to a team from the east and,Lilja is staying, The Chemistry and the lack of depth on our D. We cant afford to dink around with the core of it..

Blockbuster trade? i sure hope not.

people lay off samuelson for the money we pay him he is a good player he is not a liability in the d zone and was a decent playoff player last year

I doubt it.

I can see us dumping Sammy, for a 4th line grinder and a draft selection to a team from the east and,Lilja is staying, The Chemistry and the lack of depth on our D. We cant afford to dink around with the core of it..

Blockbuster trade? i sure hope not.

people lay off samuelson for the money we pay him he is a good player he is not a liability in the d zone and was a decent playoff player last year