• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

interminded

Curtis Joseph wins Spengler Cup

Rate this topic

Good ol' Curtis Joseph and and Team Canada (2) won the Spengler Cup on dec. 31 against Salavat Yulaev Ufa.

The final score was 2-1.

I know the Spengler Cup is no WC, but nonetheless.. Cujo played four games and won four games.

Spectorshockey had some interesting news / rumour about him:

Just a quick word to report a conversation I heard between the 2 broadcasters commenting the Spengler Cup final this afternoon on swiss TV TSR (www.tsr.ch) where Curtis Joseph made another stellar performance in goal. They say he already had contact with a few NHL teams, citing the ones you say on your site + Ottawa ! They say the situation in Ottawa is unclear at the moment given the Ray Emery soap and the inconsistency of Swiss goalie Martin Gerber, the Senators might go for an experienced goalie. They cited sources close to Gerber...

I hope Cujo returns to the NHL.

One of the good guys in my book.

I watched a bit of it and he played decent. He had a few moments when he was even amazing. the best I'd seen him play in years. I recall thinking when he went to the Yotes that I fealt bad for him, cuz he seemed like a class guy, but his Career was at an end and he would never hold the cup.

Guest Crymson
CUJO!!!

I love him dearly. I'd take him back in a heartbeat. An Ozzie/Cujo tandem would be a dream for me.

/me vomits

Please, no CuJo.

Cujo was a good guy and nothing short of a clutch performer for us in the playoffs. He was just about the only guy to show up on the team in his two playoff years with us. It's rough being a goalie. Even when you play well against all odds (that second year...) it's still so easy to get that "loser" stigma attached to you that's so hard to shake.

i love cujo, i really hated how our team completely f***ed some of my fav goalies like manny and cujo. im glad he will be playing soon, im not sure why he would sign with the sens i think he should sign with Pittsburg because they have no starting goalie so he will get the majority of the starts

i love cujo, i really hated how our team completely f***ed some of my fav goalies like manny and cujo. im glad he will be playing soon, im not sure why he would sign with the sens i think he should sign with Pittsburg because they have no starting goalie so he will get the majority of the starts

I can understand your anger for the way Cujo was ushered out, but Manny was a complete head case. I'd be willing to bet Dom, Cujo and Ozzie deep down had to have been thinking, "What the f*ck is with that guy?"

I wouldn't mind Cujo coming back to Detroit next season one bit, but its not going to happen. I think he'd be willing to play for practically any franchise other than Detroit after the way he was pushed out.

I can understand your anger for the way Cujo was ushered out, but Manny was a complete head case. I'd be willing to bet Dom, Cujo and Ozzie deep down had to have been thinking, "What the f*ck is with that guy?"

I wouldn't mind Cujo coming back to Detroit next season one bit, but its not going to happen. I think he'd be willing to play for practically any franchise other than Detroit after the way he was pushed out.

True dat across the board. Manny dug his own grave in this town and it couldn't have come sooner. I would've shipped him out well before he actually did leave. I also never would've started him in the playoffs EVER but I'll stop with my Manny ranting now...

yea manny was crazy, and i didnt mean to say we did anything to him, i just said i liked him and cujo and didnt like how we treated cujo. now i dont think cujo will be back in detroit, the only way i see that happening is if next yr howard totally blows and we need a #2 goalie fast

Cujo was a good guy and nothing short of a clutch performer for us in the playoffs. He was just about the only guy to show up on the team in his two playoff years with us. It's rough being a goalie. Even when you play well against all odds (that second year...) it's still so easy to get that "loser" stigma attached to you that's so hard to shake.

What he have in his last playoffs here? a .939 save percentage, and a 1.8 GAA? Something like that...I know the numbers were sick

Great attitude, and if we had had the team we had last season + Cujo in net, I dare say we may have beaten Anaheim with the way Cujo was playing. He lost what? 2 1-0 decisions to close out that series? Man was a beast when no one else showed up.

That being said, Im fine with the goaltending we have now.

I still feel Cujo got screwed over in Detroit. He stood on his head on the p/os.

:ranting:

Yep. I thought he was fantastic. Unfortunately it was those couple years that Cujo was here in which the Wings had an awful hard time scoring in the post season.

As mentioned, CuJo played awesome, and we screwed him over. I wouldn't want him to come back to Detroit because of the way we treated him in the first place. He deserves better...

That being said, none of those mentioned rumored teams in the article would have much of a chance of winning the cup, with the exception of Ottawa. It would still be nice to see him in the league though.

As mentioned, CuJo played awesome, and we screwed him over. I wouldn't want him to come back to Detroit because of the way we treated him in the first place. He deserves better...

Please. No disrespect to Cujo, but what a load. If he'd have been willing to give up guaranteed salary and let us cut him he'd have been gone. He didn't want to, HE WANTED THE MONEY! That's FINE. But you can't have it both ways, he prefers to sit on the bench and collect his check to leave, start somewhere else and get less money. We screwed him NOT!

What he have in his last playoffs here? a .939 save percentage, and a 1.8 GAA? Something like that...I know the numbers were sick

Great attitude, and if we had had the team we had last season + Cujo in net, I dare say we may have beaten Anaheim with the way Cujo was playing. He lost what? 2 1-0 decisions to close out that series? Man was a beast when no one else showed up.

That being said, Im fine with the goaltending we have now.

Yeah, we definitely screwed him over on a number of levels as far as the game is concerned. I can't fathom where his head was in that second season after going through everything and then playing as well as he did in the playoffs only to get nowhere really because the team didn't show up. That must've been rough on so many levels. Unbelievable.

Please. No disrespect to Cujo, but what a load. If he'd have been willing to give up guaranteed salary and let us cut him he'd have been gone. He didn't want to, HE WANTED THE MONEY! That's FINE. But you can't have it both ways, he prefers to sit on the bench and collect his check to leave, start somewhere else and get less money. We screwed him NOT!

We didn't screw his pocketbook but we screwed him on the ice and in the room. Money isn't the end all be all. I know it to be an absolute fact that it was a tremendously difficult situation and decision for him at the time. While that may sound obvious, I say that mainly because it wasn't so much the money that was the holdup. Believe me, he's a pretty humble guy who was more than generous with his money. I know for a fact that he gave tremendous amounts of money away to various causes more or less anonymously. So maybe it's accurate that part of the reason he stayed was because he wanted the money, but let's just say it most likely wasn't for his own self-interest.

I somewhat understand what you're saying, but I think you're really generalizing the issue here and letting the bottom line dollar amount rule the day. Bear in mind that Detroit made a contractual promise to him to pay him to play here for 3 years. So he brings his family here and they set down roots and get involved in the community because he's planning on being here for the long haul, and ultimately his outstanding play would've kept him here if not for all the drama in between. Then all of the sudden they bring in another guy and declare you expendable? I mean, cool. Sure, it's legal and that's life in hockey to some extent, but it was pretty low class all the same. He owed it to himself and to future players in a similar situation to stick it out.

Why shouldn't Detroit have to own up to their promises? So in the future if we sign a guy and then get someone else and we decide he's better we just assume the other guy will let the contract slide? Oh sure! Makes loads of sense. That'd be great for the players. Like you said, you can't have it both ways. Management can't very well sign a guy and then just expect him to forget about his contract if they become dissatisfied with him. That's why management should think before they make stupid decisions like bringing Hasek back or signing people to 10 year deals. It goes both ways.

So sure, we didn't screw him financially, but again, money is hardly the only factor in play here. All in all, he still got screwed.