• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hank Dats 'N Homer

Dan Cleary...barfight?

Rate this topic

alright this has been bugging me for a while, but everytime i see dan cleary, and i mean EVERYTIME, whether its an interview on TV or seeing him on the bench, or at a fundraiser or something, the guy always has a fat lip, or a black eye, or new stiches on his face of an open gash and healing wound. I know this guy gets beat up and plays hard every night, but i can help but wonder.....Dan cleary, professional hockey player and semi-pro bar brawler. haha. The guy is always beat up, but i dont recall him always getting killed in games. Maybe his wife is abusive or something. Anyone else notice this?

alright this has been bugging me for a while, but everytime i see dan cleary, and i mean EVERYTIME, whether its an interview on TV or seeing him on the bench, or at a fundraiser or something, the guy always has a fat lip, or a black eye, or new stiches on his face of an open gash and healing wound. I know this guy gets beat up and plays hard every night, but i can help but wonder.....Dan cleary, professional hockey player and semi-pro bar brawler. haha. The guy is always beat up, but i dont recall him always getting killed in games. Maybe his wife is abusive or something. Anyone else notice this?

No visor + playing the game with reckless abandon = fat lips and black eyes.

Yes, he ALWAYS has a big yellow bruise on his face somewhere. He must be an official stick tester for RBK, specifically, the stick to face department.

Edited by Elshupacabra

BOOZE + HOCKEY PLAYER = @%#*&^#@$$@#&^ :ranting: LOL!

That would be funnier if people wouldn't deliberately misspell words.

aT lEaSt It WaSnT tYpEd LiKe ThIs... LoLz wOoT

You know I have to ask the question:

What is the point in words like KEWL and FURST

they don't save you any typing, I understand doing things like BTW it saves you having to type 5 letters.

But First and Furst are the same length, is dumb the new cool, uh sorry KEWL!

Guest jaytan
Maybe his wife is abusive or something. Anyone else notice this?

Don't go stirring up rumors! He just fell down some stairs.

You know I have to ask the question:

What is the point in words like KEWL and FURST

they don't save you any typing, I understand doing things like BTW it saves you having to type 5 letters.

But First and Furst are the same length, is dumb the new cool, uh sorry KEWL!

To me they have a different pronunciation. I think it can be attributed to Internet culture, Internet slang or leet. Or possibly a combination of all three.

To jump onto a thought from Matt in another thread I think Babs deserves some of the Credit for Cleary.

Don't get me wrong Dan deserves a ton of credit for turning his career around, but I think Babs has helped a ton, he has the whole team working hard. And playing hard-nosed hockey just seems to be right up Dan's alley!!!

I was commenting to my wife last night that he always seems to be doing best when he has a black eye. What was the movie where the guy always wanted to have a black eye so he would always play hard? I think it was Dodgeball, but am not sure.

To me they have a different pronunciation. I think it can be attributed to Internet culture, Internet slang or leet. Or possibly a combination of all three.

It's actually a whole language called lolcats, or kitty pidgin. There's a web site called I Can Has Cheezburger where the majority of the pictures are of cats and they all have capshuns spelt liek dis. That's where that photo is from. It's kind of cute and funny.

As for Cleary, I kind of wondered the same thing - this guy must play the puck with his face and not his stick - he always has some kind of facial bruise/injury. But hey, it works for him so why argue with success, right?

Edited by Yzermania19

To jump onto a thought from Matt in another thread I think Babs deserves some of the Credit for Cleary.

Don't get me wrong Dan deserves a ton of credit for turning his career around, but I think Babs has helped a ton, he has the whole team working hard. And playing hard-nosed hockey just seems to be right up Dan's alley!!!

If you were to ask him, he'd attribute his whole turnaround to Babs. Babs was the guy that cut him for I believe the 3rd time from the WJC, so Dan knew to make the Wings he had to work hard, and he's been brillant ever since.

Babs has done it once, I'd like to see what he could do with Ryders career :P

But in anycase, Babs knows how to get guys to work. He turned around Clearys career, Sammys, Liljas, even Ellis to some extent. And lets not forget Homer, who before Babcock was on the 2nd and 3rd lines, but with Babcock has become one of the best top line Right Wings in the NHL right now. He also does a great job with the young guys, Flip, Hudler, Kronwall, Lebda, Ellis, Kopecky, etc etc. Great coach.

I think Cleary is just like that one dude from Beerfest, where he got a black eye from the Germans , and he told his friend he wanted to keep the black eye year round as a motivator. I'm 100% positive that's the situation here.

Didn't he get cut by a skate between his eyes a couple of seasons ago? I know he's got a scar there (you can see it clearly in the "Fire on Ice" commercials where Nick's eyes glow with flames).

I know Nick doesn't have too many scars, as far as hockey players as veteran as he is goes.