• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hank Dats 'N Homer

Dan Cleary...barfight?

Rate this topic

I think Cleary is just like that one dude from Beerfest, where he got a black eye from the Germans , and he told his friend he wanted to keep the black eye year round as a motivator. I'm 100% positive that's the situation here.

BEERFEST!!! That was it! How could I get that confused with Dodgeball! Beerfest is great. I can't believe I forgot that!

I could see him being a part of an underground fight ring. Don't know why, he just has that look to him.

I hope his old lady is not beating the snot out of him after games. I guess maybe i could see that being the case as well.

I don't care what it is as long as he able to keep up his current level of play. I love the guy and think that he is a great player who brings a lot to our club. So what ever he is doing just keep it up.

Here is a thought for you:

I think Dan Cleary would have been a terrific line mate for the aging Steve Yzerman. Not the Young kid Yzerman, or the dominant Yzerman, The later years, when he was playing 3rd or 4th line minutes. Yzerman always worked hard but he relied on his work ethic more at that time in his career than skill and work like when he was younger. With guys like Cleary and Draper that would have been a kick ass line. But unfortunately at that point in time Cleary was not on the roster nor was not the player he is now.

I think this team really has an Yzerman like attitude to it, a lot of guys (huds, flip, even sammy) that are playing better than what people think of them. Guys working hard, if this team plays like this for another couple of years I think you will see the fan base grow again. Not only are they talented and winning but Babs has them working hard on both ends of the ice. And most fans like to watch a team that works hard, sure their favorite player may be the flashy guy, but usually when it is a team people want a hard working team.

Then again I could be completely wrong, it is beer Friday at work!

Edited by Opie

Yeah I've noticed that about Dano too. I always figured it was from beating up his neighbors for sassing him. Or collecting money from disagreeable dogfight losers.

I've seen him healed up often enough too, but I like the occasional black eye on him. Now he just needs to go Phaneuf someone and I'll make sure to tune in more often.

Bar room brawler? Doubt it. But speaking of the bar, I bet Sammy takes shot after shot whenever he goes.

That makes sense- if Sammy took shot after shot at me, I'd be a cross bar too.

Dan, on the other hand, just has the bruises to look tough and intimidate the other team. That's why the camera shoots him from the injured side.