• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:18 PM

This is all just part of the "team toughness" that Babcock is trying to preach. Don't be surprised if Hudler grows a beard now or Sammy starts walking around with stitches all over his face to look tougher.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#22 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

1 more win and im diggin' in!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:28 PM

Bar room brawler? Doubt it. But speaking of the bar, I bet Sammy takes shot after shot whenever he goes.
Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

(* = beatdown) (** = at the end of a shift)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)

#23 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:32 PM

There's this picture of Nick and he's got stitches on his face. It's from a while ago, but how did it happen?
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#24 Yzermania19

Yzermania19

Mr. General Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:44 PM

Didn't he get cut by a skate between his eyes a couple of seasons ago? I know he's got a scar there (you can see it clearly in the "Fire on Ice" commercials where Nick's eyes glow with flames).

I know Nick doesn't have too many scars, as far as hockey players as veteran as he is goes.
Posted Image
"Talk show...talk show...talk show...oooh! Curling!"

#25 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:07 PM

Hmmm I don't know. When I first read the topic, I thought it was implying that Cleary was in a bar fight...I wouldn't be surprised. happy.gif
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#26 Drimo

Drimo

Red Wings and Cyclones Fan

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (Bluedevils_13 @ January 3, 2008 - 08:01PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Cleary is just like that one dude from Beerfest, where he got a black eye from the Germans , and he told his friend he wanted to keep the black eye year round as a motivator. I'm 100% positive that's the situation here.

BEERFEST!!! That was it! How could I get that confused with Dodgeball! Beerfest is great. I can't believe I forgot that!

#27 shannyfan1414

shannyfan1414

We will miss you Shanny!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:37 PM

I could see him being a part of an underground fight ring. Don't know why, he just has that look to him.

I hope his old lady is not beating the snot out of him after games. I guess maybe i could see that being the case as well.

I don't care what it is as long as he able to keep up his current level of play. I love the guy and think that he is a great player who brings a lot to our club. So what ever he is doing just keep it up.

Thanks TeeMan

#28 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,418 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:15 PM

Here is a thought for you:
I think Dan Cleary would have been a terrific line mate for the aging Steve Yzerman. Not the Young kid Yzerman, or the dominant Yzerman, The later years, when he was playing 3rd or 4th line minutes. Yzerman always worked hard but he relied on his work ethic more at that time in his career than skill and work like when he was younger. With guys like Cleary and Draper that would have been a kick ass line. But unfortunately at that point in time Cleary was not on the roster nor was not the player he is now.
I think this team really has an Yzerman like attitude to it, a lot of guys (huds, flip, even sammy) that are playing better than what people think of them. Guys working hard, if this team plays like this for another couple of years I think you will see the fan base grow again. Not only are they talented and winning but Babs has them working hard on both ends of the ice. And most fans like to watch a team that works hard, sure their favorite player may be the flashy guy, but usually when it is a team people want a hard working team.

Then again I could be completely wrong, it is beer Friday at work!

Edited by Opie, 04 January 2008 - 02:16 PM.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#29 Flip-check

Flip-check

kicking ass and taking Cups

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:40 PM

Yeah I've noticed that about Dano too. I always figured it was from beating up his neighbors for sassing him. Or collecting money from disagreeable dogfight losers.

I've seen him healed up often enough too, but I like the occasional black eye on him. Now he just needs to go Phaneuf someone and I'll make sure to tune in more often.

No, it's definitely excitement.

#30 Viperar

Viperar

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:58 PM

hahaha i was about to post something about this then saw the thread, i was thinking the same thing hmmm... unsure.gif
IPB Image
IPB Image

#31 CdnWingsFanEh

CdnWingsFanEh

GO WINGS GO!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Lou_Siffer @ January 3, 2008 - 08:28PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bar room brawler? Doubt it. But speaking of the bar, I bet Sammy takes shot after shot whenever he goes.

Yes!!! laugh.gif
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Facts. Who needs facts? You can prove anything with facts... 10% of all people know that...

"That's it. My groin, it cannot handle it," --Hasek (after his last skate at Joe Louis Arena)

#32 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (Lou_Siffer @ January 3, 2008 - 07:28PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That makes sense- if Sammy took shot after shot at me, I'd be a cross bar too.

Dan, on the other hand, just has the bruises to look tough and intimidate the other team. That's why the camera shoots him from the injured side.

Money on the board:  Current total: $6

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James