• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Central A Strong Division?

Rate this topic

...against us maybe, but if the playoffs started today, St. Louis would miss the playoffs by 1 point (and they're in 2nd behind us.)

...of course that may be a good thing for Detroit! LOL!

...and BTW we'd open up against the Ducks (BLEH!)

Edited by LeftWinger

It was looking like the division had some promise at the beginning of the season, but the non-wing teams have kind of faded over the last month. All teams but the wings have won 5 or less of their last 10.

Also, nice job by the blackhawks allowing 9 goals to the kings yesterday.

The Central is pretty average, which is a massive upgrade over what it was last year: A complete joke.

agreed. at one point this season, i remember looking at the standings and the central was the only division in which every team was over .500. obviously a lot has happened since then. i'm not sure why the wings have had so much trouble with the central -- i missed all the chicago games so far this year, but i wonder how much of it has to do with a lot of ex-wings being on those teams, you know? correct me if i'm wrong, but i think that manny is the only goalie to shut out the wings this season or last. and the 'hawks obviously have lang and williams, who, on top of their own knowledge of the wings' tendencies, share that insight with their teammates. *shrug* i'm not sure how much that affects things, but i think it's a possibility, especially in manny's case, knowing all our forwards tendencies, etc (which doesn't explain the game vs. us where he got chased...but if we know one thing about manny, it's that he's a bit inconsistent).

The Central is better than it was in the past, but the Wings are still the only legit cup contender in the division. What hurts the most is losing to the Blackhawks and Blues, which are teams that all Wings fans hate. But I guess the losses have to come from somewhere, I'm just surprised that the Central is the division where those losses are coming from.

Strong? No..

But it is a huge improvement from last year.. Blues and Hawks are giving us fits this year. and The BJ's are scaring me when we play. I like it though.. Makes for a fun season.