• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shanny14fan4ever

nhl.com winners?

Rate this topic

I got an email today saying I am a potential winner of an NHL All-Star Autographed Jersey by voting for the all star game. I was chosen as a daily winner. It says I have to call or email to acknowledge my receipt of the e-mail. Then I have to mail a cope of the release form , but it asks for my social security number. I just found that a little weird they would be my SS number. Has anyone even won a prize from nhl.com and had to give their SS number?

The email came from: NHLfanballoting@nhl.com any help would be appreciated!

I got an email today saying I am a potential winner of an NHL All-Star Autographed Jersey by voting for the all star game. I was chosen as a daily winner. It says I have to call or email to acknowledge my receipt of the e-mail. Then I have to mail a cope of the release form , but it asks for my social security number. I just found that a little weird they would be my SS number. Has anyone even won a prize from nhl.com and had to give their SS number?

It sounds legit, but your best bet would be to find a contact number for NHL.com and verify with them. My best guess would be that your SS would be needed for tax purposes, especially depending on the estimated value of the autographed jersey.

--edit--

You could also go here , scroll down to the very bottom and find this "Still can't find what you are looking for? Contact us here."

Edited by SuperCalaFilppulastic!

Sounds like a scam. The voting is done on fanballoting@nhl.com IIRC. Send them an e-mail with no personal info and request a proper contact info, i.e.name, mailing adress, phone# etc.

Ok, after doing some research I did find that you have three days to claim your prize or it goes to the next person. I think they need you SS# because you might have to pay taxes on it. It is a $350 Jersey and I'm not sure the amount you have to win in order to claim it on your taxes. If it were me, I'd try without sending my SS# and see what happens. Hey if they have a phone number try putting it here. http://www.reversephonedirectory.com/

Congrats.