• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SweWings

Ken Holland in Sweden looking at some potentials...

Rate this topic

Apparently Holland is in Sweden checking on some players - including Dick Axelsson and Daniel Larsson whose rights still belong to Detroit. He's also checking on people like Fabian Brunnström, Linus Videll and Linus Klasen who could develop into solid NHLers. Linus Klasen is a bit on the small side (5'8'') but Linus Videll is 6'3'' and Fabian Brunnström is 6'1'' and the latter two are producing solid numbers for their respective teams.

The rest of the article is pretty much uninteresting (Linky). They just mention that they're checking on these 5 players to see how they're developing and how they'd fit in Detroit. Also Håkan Andersson says that they must sign the two Djurgården prospects, Dick Axelsson and Daniel Larsson, as they otherwise lose first rights.

Guest wingswillwincup
thats sweet, i am really looking forward to Larson and Hatrick Dick coming over the pond

yup im excited about them as well , our future number 1 and sniper

Guest wingswillwincup
Apparently Holland is in Sweden checking on some players - including Dick Axelsson and Daniel Larsson whose rights still belong to Detroit. He's also checking on people like Fabian Brunnström, Linus Videll and Linus Klasen who could develop into solid NHLers. Linus Klasen is a bit on the small side (5'8'') but Linus Videll is 6'3'' and Fabian Brunnström is 6'1'' and the latter two are producing solid numbers for their respective teams.

The rest of the article is pretty much uninteresting (Linky). They just mention that they're checking on these 5 players to see how they're developing and how they'd fit in Detroit. Also Håkan Andersson says that they must sign the two Djurgården prospects, Dick Axelsson and Daniel Larsson, as they otherwise lose first rights.

ahh dammit its in swedish :)..... there should be a swedish translation option on that page lol :P

Sounds great to me. Sign all 3 and bring them to North America. The griffins can use some help.

Well to be honest both Brunnström and Videll could probably do quite well in Detroit though I doubt they'd get any ice-time. Brunnström might be difficult to sign but perhaps they could get a hold of Videll...

Depends to if they even want to play in the NHL at all.some are content to stay home and finish their careers. Plus if Detroit were to try and get all 3 if would be a process. Maybe get one next year and another the following year.

Depends to if they even want to play in the NHL at all.some are content to stay home and finish their careers. Plus if Detroit were to try and get all 3 if would be a process. Maybe get one next year and another the following year.

You know what would be fun - Videll and Ryno on the same line... If they learn to throw their size around it could be real fun...

Do some research on our prospects.

3 Americans. Oslund , Abeldekader , Howard..

rolleyes.gif

Seeing as we've had 1 first round draft pick in the last 4 years, this seems like a great idea

Oh ok, i didnt know you could only draft americans in the first round :rolleyes:

3 Americans. Oslund , Abeldekader , Howard..

Oh ok, i didnt know you could only draft americans in the first round :rolleyes:

Go back and make a list of all of the Americans we should've taken with our picks then. The only one I can think of is Stastny.

This Brunnstrom guy sounds like the real deal... don't know anything about the other two though.

And Nick Petrecki instead of Smith?

Don't even bring that up. That move absolutely kills me. They could have drafted a big, tough, stay at home defenseman with the potential to put up points and be an all around force, but instead draft yet another completely offensive minded defenseman. They already have Kindl for that role, so what exactly was the point of drafting Smith?

Ok, I'm done...

This Brunnstrom guy sounds like the real deal... don't know anything about the other two though.

Don't even bring that up. That move absolutely kills me. They could have drafted a big, tough, stay at home defenseman with the potential to put up points and be an all around force, but instead draft yet another completely offensive minded defenseman. They already have Kindl for that role, so what exactly was the point of drafting Smith?

Ok, I'm done...

That pick was for 4-6 years down the road.

Ok, I'm done...

If Smith was the best player available, I think that's what you have to do. Drafting for need is usually a loser way to go unless that need player can help you immediately (rare in hockey.) Better to stockpile talent and trade for what you need.

Besides, Kindl appears to be having a rotten year so far. -17 so far, far and away the worst on the Griffins, and he's not really scoring either. Obviously you hope that's just the usual difficulties adjusting to the pro game, but it's not a good sign.