Photo
- - - - -

Ken Holland in Sweden looking at some potentials...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Swede40

Swede40

We'll end the World 2009

• Gold Booster
  • 222 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (Kp-Wings @ January 4, 2008 - 09:30PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This Brunnstrom guy sounds like the real deal... don't know anything about the other two though.

Don't even bring that up. That move absolutely kills me. They could have drafted a big, tough, stay at home defenseman with the potential to put up points and be an all around force, but instead draft yet another completely offensive minded defenseman. They already have Kindl for that role, so what exactly was the point of drafting Smith?

Ok, I'm done...

That pick was for 4-6 years down the road.

#22 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (Kp-Wings @ January 4, 2008 - 06:30PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This Brunnstrom guy sounds like the real deal... don't know anything about the other two though.

Don't even bring that up. That move absolutely kills me. They could have drafted a big, tough, stay at home defenseman with the potential to put up points and be an all around force, but instead draft yet another completely offensive minded defenseman. They already have Kindl for that role, so what exactly was the point of drafting Smith?

Ok, I'm done...

If Smith was the best player available, I think that's what you have to do. Drafting for need is usually a loser way to go unless that need player can help you immediately (rare in hockey.) Better to stockpile talent and trade for what you need.

Besides, Kindl appears to be having a rotten year so far. -17 so far, far and away the worst on the Griffins, and he's not really scoring either. Obviously you hope that's just the usual difficulties adjusting to the pro game, but it's not a good sign.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#23 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (Earthhuman @ January 5, 2008 - 03:52AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Smith isn't American?

He's 1 of them good Canadian lads thumbup.gif

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#24 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (Kp-Wings @ January 5, 2008 - 03:30AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They already have Kindl for that role, so what exactly was the point of drafting Smith?
Maybe because all prospect don't pan out, and you need to have backup plans?

#25 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:14 PM

Another guy that I think we should look at is winger Martin Thörnberg. He plays with an enormous amount of energy, has a powerful shot and gets in people's faces. The Jackets were trying to get him last year, but he turned them down.

http://www.elitepros...php?player=2058

#26 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:50 PM

that guy looks pretty good, and i already like him since he turned down the jackets

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#27 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:29 AM

I've watched a few games with Linus Videll and I think it's wiser to go after him than to bet on Ryno to develop. Videll is quite simply better - on the other hand Ryno could still develop.

#28 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:11 PM

Yeah, definitely. Videll > Ryno.