• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WhiteLightning91

MLive - Tomas Kopecky Injures Hand

Rate this topic

I could've swore I heard Ken Daniels mention this last night during the game but never heard anything about it in the post game interviews or from Babcock. Hopefully it is nothing serious. Kopecky is never going to be able to take the next step in his development if he doesn't stay healthy.

For the Red Wings, their 30th win was simply indicative of the way the team can play--and Henrik Zetterberg's return from back spasms certainly helped, but the Wings are still without Tomas Holmstrom (knee) and Kirk Maltby (back), and they lost Tomas Kopecky to a hand injury in the third period.

Is there any timeline for his return? I guess Hartigan is coming back up.

I'd rather seem them call up Mark Cullen or Adam Keefe this time around. Give somebody else a chance here or there, since Hartigan really hasn't done anything to overly impress.

Ritola would be my choice.

Gelech may be a good choice as well. He's still really young, but basically a clone of Kopecky when it comes to body size- 6'3" 215.

Keefe would be fun but he's basically the Griffins' version of Downey.

I'd rather seem them call up Mark Cullen or Adam Keefe this time around. Give somebody else a chance here or there, since Hartigan really hasn't done anything to overly impress.

Adam Keefe :thumbup:. I'd love to see him called up.

That's funny. Keefe has, IMO, zero shot at going to DET. He is lucky to be playing in GR. He has got into the Wings "doghouse" with his loose cannon behavior. More than once he has tried to take on the entire bench of the other team. He's been playing alittle more recently, but he is definitely on a short leash.

The pickings are very, very short in GR this year. Gelech is good, Ritola has promise. Helm is doing REALLY well, and if he could get more strength and conditioning in, he will be NHL material relatively quickly.

Hartigan. Yuck.Sick.Ughh.Barf

I didnt think Keefe was ours? i thought he was just a Griffins signing? or do i not know how this stuff works? Gelech would be nice, i've yet to see him play, but from what i've read about him, there is no reason not to atleast bring him up for a short stint, instead of using the same ole hartigan, who will never amount to anything to us.

Anywho.. I'd almost bet there is nothing seriously wrong with Koko.

See, thats why I'd love to have Keefe, challenging entire teams benchs is Kocur style. We need a little more loose cannon.

Ive been saying this all along, but nooooo.

Edited by Grittzkey

That's funny. Keefe has, IMO, zero shot at going to DET. He is lucky to be playing in GR. He has got into the Wings "doghouse" with his loose cannon behavior. More than once he has tried to take on the entire bench of the other team. He's been playing alittle more recently, but he is definitely on a short leash.

The pickings are very, very short in GR this year. Gelech is good, Ritola has promise. Helm is doing REALLY well, and if he could get more strength and conditioning in, he will be NHL material relatively quickly.

See, thats why I'd love to have Keefe, challenging entire teams benchs is Kocur style. We need a little more loose cannon.

I keep forgetting Helm isnt on Medicine Hat anymore, we should get him up here and play him with Drapes.

That's a shame, I really like Kopecky and what he brings to this team. Hopefully it's nothing serious and he doesn't have to miss any games.

As for Hartigan, I don't understand why so many people are putting him down. IMO he's played solid in minimal game time, and he was one of the best players in the loss to the Blues. He took a bad penalty but otherwise I was very impressed.

As has been mentioned there's not a lot to choose from down at Grand Rapids. I like Helm a lot and he'll be a Wings player in another few seasons, but he's not ready. Ritola is starting to find some form but he too isn't ready. I guess the only replacements are the veterans.

As for Hartigan, I don't understand why so many people are putting him down. IMO he's played solid in minimal game time, and he was one of the best players in the loss to the Blues. He took a bad penalty but otherwise I was very impressed.

He doesnt do anything bad.. but at the same time, he doesnt do much good either. Might as well see some youngsters who will be part of our future, then a career reserve, ahl fodder.

according to MLive today:

Update from practice Friday: Kirk Maltby, out since Nov. 27 with a sore lower back, said he hopes to return for Tuesday's game against Colorado.

"My back's been feeling really good,'' Maltby said. "We've done a lot in the last few weeks, exercises and therapy to strengthen my back, at the very least to prevent it from happening again. Now it's just conditioning.''

He'll travel with the team to Dallas and Chicago just to skate over the weekend.

"My wife's probably happy to get rid of me for a couple of days,'' Maltby said. "It's going to be fun being around the guys on the road. As a group, you bond, and I definitely miss that.''

Tomas Holmstrom said he feels like playing Saturday but is fairly certain he'll be in on Sunday.

"They won't let me play (Saturday), I don't know why,'' Holmstrom said. "If I would decide, I would play tomorrow, but they don't like that, so hopefully Sunday.''

Before addressing the media, coach Mike Babcock couldn't resist the opportunity to take a playful jab at Holmstrom, asking him why he didn't want to play Saturday. Asked if Holmstrom would play Sunday, Babcock said, "We'll see. I don't have an answer to that, that's Piet's (trainer Van Zant's) department. I'd have him playing right now.''

Tomas Kopecky said his hand is fine and he's ready to play. He hasn't missed any practice time the last two days.

Babcock said he never considered altering his goalite rotation to start Chris Osgood in Dallas because of his 26-10-3 lifetime record vs. the Stars. So he'll start Sunday in Chicago instead.

"I never even thought about it that way,'' Babcock said. "We have a good team good players, we're letting the players play.''

according to MLive today:

Update from practice Friday: Kirk Maltby, out since Nov. 27 with a sore lower back, said he hopes to return for Tuesday's game against Colorado.

"My back's been feeling really good,'' Maltby said. "We've done a lot in the last few weeks, exercises and therapy to strengthen my back, at the very least to prevent it from happening again. Now it's just conditioning.''

He'll travel with the team to Dallas and Chicago just to skate over the weekend.

"My wife's probably happy to get rid of me for a couple of days,'' Maltby said. "It's going to be fun being around the guys on the road. As a group, you bond, and I definitely miss that.''

Tomas Holmstrom said he feels like playing Saturday but is fairly certain he'll be in on Sunday.

"They won't let me play (Saturday), I don't know why,'' Holmstrom said. "If I would decide, I would play tomorrow, but they don't like that, so hopefully Sunday.''

Before addressing the media, coach Mike Babcock couldn't resist the opportunity to take a playful jab at Holmstrom, asking him why he didn't want to play Saturday. Asked if Holmstrom would play Sunday, Babcock said, "We'll see. I don't have an answer to that, that's Piet's (trainer Van Zant's) department. I'd have him playing right now.''

Tomas Kopecky said his hand is fine and he's ready to play. He hasn't missed any practice time the last two days.

Babcock said he never considered altering his goalite rotation to start Chris Osgood in Dallas because of his 26-10-3 lifetime record vs. the Stars. So he'll start Sunday in Chicago instead.

"I never even thought about it that way,'' Babcock said. "We have a good team good players, we're letting the players play.''

Glad to hear Kopecky is fine.

Interesting though that Dom will get the start on Saturday. I thought for sure Ozzy would go since he played so well against them last game then Dom would start on Sunday. Hmm whatever either way I suppose.