• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingfan1991

sell outs at the JLA

Rate this topic

Was the last game a sellout? I wasn't sure about it.

So far, as far as I know, there has been 3 sellouts this season (November game against Chicago, the game against Washington, and the New Years game against St. Louis). Not great, but it sure beats that sports columnist for SI (can't remember exactly who it was) that said the Wings wouldn't have a single sellout this season back in October.

Hopefully, this keeps up and calms down the attendance talk and negative press involving Wings fans. I might try to make it down to a game myself, but that's something I haven't completely decided yet. I live a good 2 hours from Detroit up in Bay City, so I have to make time to do so.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Hopefully, this keeps up and calms down the attendance talk and negative press involving Wings fans. I might try to make it down to a game myself, but that's something I haven't completely decided yet. I live a good 2 hours from Detroit up in Bay City, so I have to make time to do so.

I drive 7-8 hours. Made the trip 4 times in December. Normally catch about a dozen games a year.

I'd kill to only drive 2 hours lol.

Yeah i live 30mins away from the joe... I just don't feel like paying for Gas Parking Food and Tickets while down there. TV is free :)

However I have been to 11 Whalers games this season already! So its nots that i am not interested in hockey... I am just not interested in the cost to go to a Wings game this season... Which i am sure many will also say as their reason as well.

Edited by OsGOD

Guest Jeremy88

how can we sell out and still have a ton of empty seats? I doubt people that many people are buying tickets and just not going

how can we sell out and still have a ton of empty seats? I doubt people that many people are buying tickets and just not going

Corporate owned seats,sometimes people just dont show. Its been a problem for a few years.

According to the ESPN box scores, the last two games were sellouts.

ya and from watching them on tv they sure looked it as opposed to the other home games this year ... which is why i started the post. what has changed?? time will tell.. next home game is when again?

You are coming up to the auto show... hellish traffic and congestion down there.. my guess even few frequent the joe during those times.

ya and from watching them on tv they sure looked it as opposed to the other home games this year ... which is why i started the post. what has changed?? time will tell.. next home game is when again?

I would assume the special limted offer of $9 tickets. I would like to see those $9 tickets a regular ticket price so anyone can buy them without waiting for the Wings to release them and make people go down to the joe in the morning too wait in a line.

I was at last night's game with a couple of my friends, and I was hoping to take advantage of the lack of good sales and get a good ticket late, but the best seats we could find two weeks before the game were nosebleeds.

but we all know theres not a bad seat in that house

also: i didn't know this, maybe other people don't either, but Hockeytown Cafe has a free shuttle that goes to and from JLA on home game nights. They pick up every fifteen minutes, so you can leave halfway through a game, or whatever you like. Its really convenient. My friends adn I parked one block from Hockeytown Cafe for free, just on some side street, went into the cafe, enjoyed some appetizers, and at 7:15 we went on the shuttle (great atmosphere, also) right to the game.

I spent about 50 dollars on everything tonight, which I believe is a personal record.

Edited by Echolalia

Easy no school. College, High School. good time to take the kids.

Don't forget Christmas presents. Lots of people get tickets for presents and will be going to games for the next month or two. Also, the Wings are playing more interesting teams in the next few months. Colorado this Tuesday (I'm going) will probably be a sell out, at least, a gut feeling tells me so. Plus, we've got games against Anaheim and other more interesting teams. In the first half of the season we've played Nashville, St. Louis, and Chicago a bunch of times (teams very few people go out of their way to see, there is no urgency since we know there will be more games in a few weeks mostly) and a bunch of weak, uninteresting teams.

But the second half of a season is always more intense than the first, so I would expect the noise levels and the crowds to get bigger as the season goes on.

Went to the last Game. Had Bad Seats, Traded up before game time to 6th Row!!

The Joe Was PAcked, me and my buddy who were at a few of the lesser filled games earlier in the year were shocked at how many people showed up.

2 possible reasons I can think of as to why it was filled ????

1.Tickets were bought as Christmas Presents

2.THe kids are Still out of School ??

Or maybe the town is realizing that we have the best team in a 41 game-season History right now!

Corporate owned seats,sometimes people just dont show. Its been a problem for a few years.

The only way we go to games is because my hubby gets corp seats/parking from his work. :) Otherwise for a fam of 4, it would be over $200

I have only missed about two games this whole year and you could tell the last couple games were a lot more packed then the others. There will be open seats but that doesn't mean people didn't pay for them. I had some idiot man/boy next to me (who smelled like he took a bath in his cologne and then spent and hour getting ready just so he could spend the whole first two periods talking about how cool he was to this not so hot girl) just get up and leave before the 3rd because he wanted to go back to the bar. I have left my seats and meet up with other people in the Boxes before so then my seats where left empty all game.

Yeah i live 30mins away from the joe... I just don't feel like paying for Gas Parking Food and Tickets while down there. TV is free :)

However I have been to 11 Whalers games this season already! So its nots that i am not interested in hockey... I am just not interested in the cost to go to a Wings game this season... Which i am sure many will also say as their reason as well.

I am totally with OsGOD on this one. I also have about a 1/2 hour drive from the Joe, but I have not been to a game in over two years, reason: It is just not in the budget. My son is a HUGE football fan, and I haven't been to a Lions game in 4 years for the exact same reason. Could I squeak it into the budget? Oh sure, but there is just so much more I could spend my hard earned money on. This is NOT to say that I am NOT a fan, I think I've only missed 3 games on TV all year ( whether it be live or on TiVo ). But because of gas, parking, etc... it is much less stressful to stay home with a 6 pack and some hot wings and watch the game on TV.

Also....Illitch really needs to get a clue with the "cheap seats" and concessions at the Joe. My son and I went to 4 Tigers games this past year, and hmmm, go figure, I had VERY decent seats, bought drinks , and hot dogs and a SMALL souvenir for the kid, and STILL managed to come home with a few $$$ in my pocket.....

It's not the lack of butts in the seats that bothers me, it’s the lack of passion coming from them. Granted I haven't attended a game this year but I remember not too long ago a lets go Red Wings chant would last damn near a whole period, now its two chants and then silence. It was nice to hear all the Turco chants the other night, keep it up.