• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Jimmy Howard named AHL Goalie of the Month!

Rate this topic

Looks like every goalie in the league was nominated. :lol:

Other nominees for Rbk X-Pulse/AHL Goaltender of the Month include Albany’s Michael Leighton, Chicago’s Ondrej Pavelec, Hartford’s Al Montoya, Houston’s Nolan Schaefer, Lowell’s Frank Doyle, Manchester’s Erik Ersberg, Manitoba’s Drew MacIntyre, Philadelphia’s Brian Boucher, Providence’s Tuukka Rask, Quad City’s Matt Keetley, San Antonio’s David LeNeveu, Syracuse’s Adam Munro and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton’s John Curry.

Still Howard had a good month. I'm pretty sure we will see him in Detroit next year.

Good news. I really hope Howard will develop into a solid starting goalie for us. If he keeps this up, we'll see him in Detroit next year for sure.

I'm still leaning towards that we'll have to find a true starter by way of FA... Hopefully Howard can prove me wrong...

I think Ozzie and Hasek have got the goalie position locked up this year, and if Howard can keep improving there's every chance he could be our starter for next year. The only thing I don't want is to see him sitting on the bench in Detroit. If he's not going to start then I'd rather him stay in the AHL and keep getting starters minutes and improving.

Are they going with Logan Koopmans this time around, or calling Cody Rudkowsky back in?

They called up McKee from the Phoenix Roadrunners. Jimmy is back though, and played in the game Wednesday.

We just won't talk about how he gave up a 3 goal lead to lose the All-star game in a shoot... He was up against Drew McIntyre (sp?) who ended up getting the win.

Edited by OsGOD

i moved to a town with the calgary ahl team this past fall. i was totally pumped to see hockey only minutes from my house. first thing i did was look for grand rapids games. had to wait until late december when they first came. was really excited to see wings players that i always read about online and even saw on tv in some cases. was stoked to see howard play, then he gave up 2 early goals and got yanked. i still love him though! i even think g.r. came back adn beat us, though we're not very good.