• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest wingswillwincup

filppula datsyuk cleary line has to stay intact

Rate this topic

Guest wingswillwincup

i knew that line was on fire but after watching todays game im convinced they need to stay together , the other line has to be

hudler zetterberg holmstrom , samuelsson is just awful hes gotta be sent down to the 3rd or 4th line ( even though i wish he was gone but wont happen )

anyways we dont need a goal scorer like a sundin although it would be nice , the new assembled datsyuk line has been unbelievable , and the 2nd line when holmstrom comes back and zetterberg gets his legs going will be good , we need maybe a physical forward who can chip in some goals

cleary datsyuk filppula

hudler zetterberg holmstrom

were a.o.k to me .... thoughts ?? should we bring back the holmstrom datsyuk zetterberg line or leave things as they are ????

Everytime on these forums we start to support the splitting of the ZDH line it comes back to bite us in the ass, i have eaten crow many times on this subject.

This time i think it might be different, and with homer back and maybe on a line with Z instead of sammy, these lines might be what we're looking for.

Dats - Shooter

Cleary - Shooter/Grit/Grinder

Flip - Young player learning from both

Z - shooter

Homer - Gritty go to the net guy

Huds - Young Player learning from both

The way these two lines have been playing is pretty awesome, and with homer coming back to the second line with Z it can only get better.

we spent the whole pre season worrying if our top 6 was deep enough, and now we find out we've got a top 8!

Dats, Z, Homer, Bear, Flip, Rex, Sammy and Mule are all legitimate top 6 guys...who would have ever guessed that..

i just figure they're all interchangable, and pretty much anything's going to work atm, especially since they can all take faceoffs / play centre and play wing down to the last man...

Everytime on these forums we start to support the splitting of the ZDH line it comes back to bite us in the ass, i have eaten crow many times on this subject.

This time i think it might be different, and with homer back and maybe on a line with Z instead of sammy, these lines might be what we're looking for.

Dats - Shooter

Cleary - Shooter/Grit/Grinder

Flip - Young player learning from both

Z - shooter

Homer - Gritty go to the net guy

Huds - Young Player learning from both

The way these two lines have been playing is pretty awesome, and with homer coming back to the second line with Z it can only get

I agree. I think it may be different now because Huds ad Filp have been maturing, gaining confidence and mental stamina.

Seems like the divisional match up's style of play may get the Wings ready for playoff style games, too.

Edited by T.Low

During Z's time away, I have also noticed that Dats and Flip work really well together. Flip reminds me a lot of Z before the lockout. Z and Dats always had good chemistry, so maybe that is why Dats and Flip seem to have it also.

As for Cleary, I see his role as being somewhat more similar to Homer's role...although they are certainly different, they both bring grit and scoring potential. For some reason, though, I always felt that Cleary fit better with Z than with Dats as center. I have seen a few times where Cleary was standing around watching Dats and trying to figure out where the hell he should be on the play. With Z he seems to fit more naturally.

So here's my combinations (just my opinion, for whatever little it's worth):

Flip-Dats-Homer

Cleary-Hank-somebody

somebody = whoever Babs feels good about on the line, probably Hudler, but could be Franzen, Sammy, or someone else.

Thoughts?

Cleary had a goal and an assist playing on the line with Flip and Dats today. He also took a great head-man pass from Dats to get a good scoring chance coming down the right wing boards.

I see no reason to split up the line that was responsible for 2 out of our 3 goals this game.

With Homer returning to the lineup I agree that Sammy needs to be moved off the line. Hudler, while nowhere near the skill level of Dats, has really improved his game on the defensive side, and his puck possession and playmaking skills have improved dramatically as well. No reason to move him off that line.

With the lines of Flip-Dats-Cleary and Homer-Dats-Hudler they have 2 legitimate scoring lines, PLUS a third line of Franzen-Drapes-Sammy that has good potential as well.

This leaves us a 4th line of Maltby-Drake-Downey-Ellis-Kopecky (fill as needed on any given night), which is good at providing energy and not horribly irresponsible in their own zone.

This leaves us a 4th line of Maltby-Drake-Downey-Ellis-Kopecky (fill as needed on any given night), which is good at providing energy and not horribly irresponsible in their own zone.

Not to mention we'll have a 7 on 5 man advantage every time they take the ice! :P

During Z's time away, I have also noticed that Dats and Flip work really well together. Flip reminds me a lot of Z before the lockout. Z and Dats always had good chemistry, so maybe that is why Dats and Flip seem to have it also.

As for Cleary, I see his role as being somewhat more similar to Homer's role...although they are certainly different, they both bring grit and scoring potential. For some reason, though, I always felt that Cleary fit better with Z than with Dats as center. I have seen a few times where Cleary was standing around watching Dats and trying to figure out where the hell he should be on the play. With Z he seems to fit more naturally.

So here's my combinations (just my opinion, for whatever little it's worth):

Flip-Dats-Homer

Cleary-Hank-somebody

somebody = whoever Babs feels good about on the line, probably Hudler, but could be Franzen, Sammy, or someone else.

Thoughts?

Flip is going to be a superstar in a couple of years.

I dont care if the line stays intact or not, but theres absolutely no reason this team cant add another scorer to give us 3 scoring lines.

Franzen-Comrie-Sammy? Not too bad if you ask me.

Not too bad at all - I like that!

Guest Crymson
i knew that line was on fire but after watching todays game im convinced they need to stay together , the other line has to be

hudler zetterberg holmstrom , samuelsson is just awful hes gotta be sent down to the 3rd or 4th line ( even though i wish he was gone but wont happen )

anyways we dont need a goal scorer like a sundin although it would be nice , the new assembled datsyuk line has been unbelievable , and the 2nd line when holmstrom comes back and zetterberg gets his legs going will be good , we need maybe a physical forward who can chip in some goals

cleary datsyuk filppula

were a.o.k to me .... thoughts ?? should we bring back the holmstrom datsyuk zetterberg line or leave things as they are ????

I am SO HAPPY that Cleary is finally getting the minutes and recognition that he deserves. This line is PERFECT. It allows us to play two lines without making either of them less effective. We are rolling FOUR GREAT LINES right now.

Nobody around here has learned all that much about Babcock obviously!! Dats-Flip-Cleary might be together to start the next game but might not take another shift together the rest of the night. Dats and Z make anyone they play with better instantly but we are so deep they could play together of get split up, either or!! Make one thing clear though, Babcock's line combos as a game goes on are not all that predictable which is smart because it makes it for the other team's to match lines.

cleary datsyuk filppula

Im cool with those lines, I have always thought of Filppula to be like the B version of Zetts and Hudler to be like a B version of Dats, and Cleary is just sweet so I could see those lines working. If Sammy has to be on the top two lines he really should be with Holmstrom, so we know someone will be in front of the net when he shoots. If it comes two it I always thought Hudler worked well with Draper-Maltby, when he was with them they were good at getting him the puck, and he just gives that line SOME scoring potential. Other than your lines I think these lines might work....

Datsyuk-Zetter-Hudler

Cleary-Filppula-Holmstrom

You can put Datsyuk with anyone and he shines.

Zetterberg on the other hand, Not so much. So Id rather have Zette and Dats together.

:blink:

Ooooooookay....... :unsure:

Anyways, right now the Wings are fortunate to have some flexibility to do such things. I'd like to see Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom back together eventually, because (and sorry for sounding like I'm spoiling the happy party) they can't expect secondary scoring to always be there like it has been lately. It's a catch-22 though, you can't just rely on one line all the time either, even one such as good as 40-13-96. I think that line gives the Wings the best chances of success on offense, but right now when (for the most part) scoring hasn't been too much of a problem lately, I'm content with having the two split up. Once Holmstrom gets back though, you'll never seen them intentionally split up on power plays.

:blink:

Ooooooookay....... :unsure:

Anyways, right now the Wings are fortunate to have some flexibility to do such things. I'd like to see Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom back together eventually, because (and sorry for sounding like I'm spoiling the happy party) they can't expect secondary scoring to always be there like it has been lately. It's a catch-22 though, you can't just rely on one line all the time either, even one such as good as 40-13-96. I think that line gives the Wings the best chances of success on offense, but right now when (for the most part) scoring hasn't been too much of a problem lately, I'm content with having the two split up. Once Holmstrom gets back though, you'll never seen them intentionally split up on power plays.

Well of course the secondary scoring won't be there all the time. If it was, it would be called primary scoring.

Just what makes you think that Flip, Huds, Cleary, and Franzen are going to take a step backwards at this time?

Well of course the secondary scoring won't be there all the time. If it was, it would be called primary scoring.

Just what makes you think that Flip, Huds, Cleary, and Franzen are going to take a step backwards at this time?

Nothing in detail that I can think of, and I'm not trying to slight any of them in any way or doubt them. They all have been playing very well lately obviously and I think we all know that they are very capable more often than not offensively. Somebody or a few people though will dry up offensively though. Again, it's nothing against any of them, people go in snags at time.

I am SO HAPPY that Cleary is finally getting the minutes and recognition that he deserves. This line is PERFECT. It allows us to play two lines without making either of them less effective. We are rolling FOUR GREAT LINES right now.

We dont agree on much, but I 100% agree with that :D.

Danny is finally getting that 1st round talent playing with Datsyuk and Filpula.

Im guessing Grittzkey missed that season where Zetterberg single-handedly carried Homer and Sammy to then career years.

I didnt mean like Zetterberg sucks and he has to be with Datsyuk for him to be great. But Without Z, Datsyuks skills seem to shine more then what Z's does.

Zette doesnt seem to have the chemistry with Huds yet.