• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Official: Osgood Signs 3-Year, $4.25m Extension

Rate this topic

This is awesome awesome awesome news !!!!

Ozzie will be a Red Wing for three more years and he will retire here !!

And he'll definately get a shot at the 400 win mark.

1.5 a season is still a bargain for a class guy and a premier goaltender that Ozzie is.

Just great news !

Edited by interminded

I could of sowrn earlier this season he said he wanted to play 5 more years. prolly could only get the contract for 3 years and then will resign again after that for 2 more. 38 would be to early for him to retire. 40 sounds good for the great oz.

I said it long ago, and I will repeat it now, IF J-ho is to be the future of the wings in net who better to have as his mentor. Who better to sit along side of for the start of his NHL career, and who better to be there for the wings if the J-Ho project goes down the crapper.

When Ozzie was first re-signed with the wings I thought it was a horrible Idea, I like my crow bbqed!!

Quoted myself to save typing!!

Good move Ozzie. I guess he likes Zetterberg playing in front of him. :)

Right now, he's a $4-5 million goalie, and over the next three years probably about $3.5 million. What a great deal.

Guest wingswillwincup

i think hes way overrated and the fact that he plays for the wings is what is helping his numbers ... that being said hes still doing his job , and for just under 1.5 million a year i think is a good number ..... i just hope that doesnt get in the way of howard becoming the man ....howard and ozzie should split games next year , and howard the official starter in 09-10

that being said i think were a lucky organization to have players that actually wanna stay here and are willing to take less money to stay to keep us competitive ......... lidstrom,draper,chelios,osgood,holmstrom all took paycuts , find me another team to have that many guys take cuts on their paycheck to stick around

Edited by wingswillwincup

i think hes way overrated and the fact that he plays for the wings is what is helping his numbers ... that being said hes still doing his job , and for just under 1.5 million a year i think is a good number ..... i just hope that doesnt get in the way of howard becoming the man ....howard and ozzie should split games next year , and howard the official starter in 09-10

My eyes, my poor eyes. I did not just read that.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033