• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Quadnational

Luongo to skip All Star game

Rate this topic

But teams can have up to 6 players in the All Star, right?

Technically 10 is the most but Ozzie won't go, here is why.

The NHL rules state that each team must have at least one represenative at the ASG. There are 24 roster spots on each side for the ASG (12 forwards, 9 d, 3 tenders). There are 15 teams in each conference. So, right there you have 15 roster spots taken, which leaves 9 available. With the one roster spot already taken into account for any given team, 9 other representatives would make 10.

Next, and most importantly, the teams that might be hard pressed to find a representative. In the West, Phoenix, Chicago, and Edmonton. I think Bryzgalov will get the nod from Phoenix. Khabibulin will most likely go from Chicago. That leaves only one spot in net which will likely go to Leclaire.

Edited by imisssergei

As I posted above, every player if they felt like it, could take the ASG off to spend time with their family. That doesn't give him an excuse to abstain from the game. He's not the only player with a family. It's a big game for the league, and a good opportunity to market its stars. I'm pretty sure Luongo is more of a marketable star than Osgood or Leclaire.

There is only one reason why Luongo is not there.

HE IS CHICKEN!!

22520.jpg

As I posted above, every player if they felt like it, could take the ASG off to spend time with their family. That doesn't give him an excuse to abstain from the game. He's not the only player with a family. It's a big game for the league, and a good opportunity to market its stars. I'm pretty sure Luongo is more of a marketable star than Osgood or Leclaire.

Thanks for pointing that out :sly: ....But like it said, it's going to be there first child, why would he want to play in a meaningless game like I said.. The All star game doesn't have any affect on the standings

Technically 10 is the most but Ozzie won't go, here is why.

The NHL rules state that each team must have at least one represenative at the ASG. There are 24 roster spots on each side for the ASG (12 forwards, 9 d, 3 tenders). There are 15 teams in each conference. So, right there you have 15 roster spots taken, which leaves 9 available. With the one roster spot already taken into account for any given team, 9 other representatives would make 10.

Next, and most importantly, the teams that might be hard pressed to find a representative. In the West, Phoenix, Chicago, and Edmonton. I think Bryzgalov will get the nod from Phoenix. Khabibulin will most likely go from Chicago. That leaves only one spot in net which will likely go to Leclaire.

Khabi from Chicago...over Ozzie.

PSHHHHH...Robert Lang :D

BTW, On 97.1 they keep saying that Ozzie is going to be named the STARTER for the WC All Stars. My cousin has heard it on the radio several times now. I don't know what to think? I don't want to get too excited right now.

Reem! Wait, seriously??? Ok that's exciting. They should probably take Karen Newman so she can sing the anthem too.

fixed it :P

WOW, really mature there i must say.. If you read the article, the reason why Lou isn't going is because is wife due with there first child and has had some complications. She's been in Flordia pretty much all year, and they haven't been together. He's skipping a stupid game to support his family, which is the right thing to do.. Just my 2 cents

Reem! Wait, seriously??? Ok that's exciting. They should probably take Karen Newman so she can sing the anthem too.

HAHA seriously! Might as well bring Al to zamboni it up too!

:lol: lmao!

I think it is a good thing that he has chosen to skip the game. Family is much more important than an ASG. I hope that everything goes well for them and they welcome a healthy, happy baby to the world.

WOW, really mature there i must say.. If you read the article, the reason why Lou isn't going is because is wife due with there first child and has had some complications. She's been in Flordia pretty much all year, and they haven't been together. He's skipping a stupid game to support his family, which is the right thing to do.. Just my 2 cents

I read the article, and i think its good that he's not going.

Jeez, I was just having some fun, no need to get all anal :rolleyes:

:P

The three goalies for WC All-Stars:

Nabokov, San Jose

-can't deny his brilliance this year, playing all of San Jose's 41 games (winning 23) and still posting near all-star numbers (2.01 GAA/.917 sv%)

Leclair, Columbus

-playing lights-out (in a goalie-friendly system, i know, but who else do you take, Rick Nash?) with a gaudy 1.97 GAA/.928 sv%

Bryzgalov, Phoenix

-no coincidence Phoenix started winning when this dude showed up, and I think that speaks for itself. 2.15 GAA/.930 sv% helps too

I'd love to see Ozzie make the game (he definitely DOES deserve it) but with the Wings having 3 starters and Rafalski being a good shot (not many healthy standout D-men in the West this year) I just don't see it happening...

The three goalies for WC All-Stars:

Nabokov, San Jose

-can't deny his brilliance this year, playing all of San Jose's 41 games (winning 23) and still posting near all-star numbers (2.01 GAA/.917 sv%)

Brilliance is probably a bit too much.

oh, OK. So ASG voting only counts for starter in the case of the first place winner, and rest of the vote totals are meaningless, in terms of "who's next."

Not that I really care in this case, but I didn't know that. :hehe:

Mark Messier and Milan Hejduk both started on home ice in years they were not even close to the vote leaders. They will choose the starter after naming the reserve goalies and the replacement for Luongo; these will likely include both Leclaire and Ozzie.

And why the hell does everyone think Kiprusoff is going? Hasek has been awful much of this season, but deserves to go over Kipper.