• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Lady in REd

Your first/favorite Red Wings Item

Rate this topic

I'm sorry if this topic is a redundant one, I looked a ways back and didn't find a thread like it so hopefully I'm being somewhat original :)

Anyways, I was just wondering; what was your very first Red Wings thing that you purchased/recieved? And if you can't remember you very first Red Wings item, was is your favorite one?

My first Red Wings item that I got was a Darren McCarty card on a plaque. I got it when I was in third grade and I still have it up on my wall in the same spot :blink: It's also my favorite item because it's pretty sentimental to me - that was when I really started to like the Wings.

It's a tie between my Red Wings black shirt, and my sweet Red Wings jogging pants, so sweet. I got them when I was in like Grade 5 and they fit lol.

Ahaha yes, jogging pants. I imagine these tighter, bright red pants with a little winged wheel on the pocket :lol:

I have three things tied for my favorite, my Yzerman jersey, Ozzie signed 16x20 photo, or my Ozzie game used goalie piece. Can't make up my mind :P

And my first wings item was an Yzerman card.

Favorite thing was a 5th grade Christmas present from my Dad. He went through hell to get me a jersey signed by the whole 97 Stanley Cup team. Don't know how he did it but its pretty sweet. The worst thing i got was a Larry Murphy jersey.

Favorite thing was a 5th grade Christmas present from my Dad. He went through hell to get me a jersey signed by the whole 97 Stanley Cup team. Don't know how he did it but its pretty sweet. The worst thing i got was a Larry Murphy jersey.

Holy hell, where do you live? I'm coming to your house to steal it.

But seriously, that's amazing. I don't think I'd ever need another Christmas present again.

Ahaha yes, jogging pants. I imagine these tighter, bright red pants with a little winged wheel on the pocket :lol:

Actually, there still kinda big on me aha, they are like a dull red, like red wing color, but not like jogging pants, more like sweat pants, and the say Red Wings down the right leg :cool:

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

my first jersey was a home white with number 24 on the back. its soo tiny i probably outgrew it when i was like 5. got probie to autograph it this summer when i met him at a golf tourny.

hard to pick a fav item...but this christmas my dad got me an autographed painting of probie.. with him and domi fighting in the foreground. gona get them framed together, itll look prety sweet.

Guest Jeremy88

My first red wings items were my too small Yzerman and Fedorov jerseys I got for Christmas years ago.

My favorite red wings item has to be my new RBK Edge Datsyuk jersey I just got for christmas

I think my first piece of Wings stuff was the collector posters they had in the Detroit News once upon a time. Right around the first two Cups they were. They're still up on my wall on my old room at home and the crazy thing is, most of the guys on the cards are still with the team. Shanny, Fedorov, and Stevie are gone, but there's still Holmstrom, Maltby, Draper, Ozzie.

It's either those or a commemorative puck that I got for my birthday once. Don't remember which birthday. It's not a game-used one, nothing fancy.

Favorite piece of Wings stuff? It'd definitely be the Champions DVD set. But the autographed pic of Ozzie that I bought on eBay is up there too.

First item- A blank red Starter jersey that I got during the '95-'96 season, I still wear it when I play roller hockey.

Favorite item(s)- I have a framed autographed Yzerman jersey and a Synergy stick auto'd by Yzerman that I got from my work, and a Limited Edition 2002 USA Synergy stick that I got autographed by Cheli in person in Salt Lake in '02. . .

Other stuff- I have rookie and game used memorabilia cards for most everyone who joined the team since the early ninetees, Yzerman and Datsyuk RC's, I have all of the McFarlanes except the Gordie Howe that I can't seem to find and the Datsyuk All Star jersey i'll be getting in the mail in a couple weeks.

My first Wings item (kind of) was a souvenir glow-in-the-dark megaphone that they gave away during my first Wings game. They had a laser light show and it was pretty cool having all those megaphones glowing too. That was sometime in Feb. 1987, when I was 4.

My favorite is probably my Steve Yzerman signed photo "To Tim, Best Always, Steve Yzerman". Pretty damn cool.

I'm still jealous of my dad's favorite Wings item. He caught a Bobby Orr slapper at the old Olympia, so he's got that puck. He's caught 2. I've been to probably 250 hockey games in my life and still haven't been fortunate enough to nab one. Grr...

My first red wings items were my too small Yzerman and Fedorov jerseys I got for Christmas years ago.

My favorite red wings item has to be my new RBK Edge Datsyuk jersey I just got for christmas

Ah, that'd be the worst getting a jersey and it being to small!

Hope the Datsyuk one fits :)

First item was a jersey that I had as a newborn. My dad claims it's one of the first things I ever wore.

Favorite item has to be a Gordie Howe book that he and his wife signed for me at an Oliver's Pizza in like 1983.

First item was a jersey that I had as a newborn. My dad claims it's one of the first things I ever wore.

Favorite item has to be a Gordie Howe book that he and his wife signed for me at an Oliver's Pizza in like 1983.

Haha, you were a fan since day one I suppose :)

Haha, you were a fan since day one I suppose :)

That's what Pops says. I don't think anything else would have been acceptable growing up. It's just the way it always was. Everything stopped when the Wings were on, and when Don Cherry was on. It's just unfortunate I can't get my wife to play by the same rules :)

Edited by HoweHatTrick

My first is probably a CCM replica jersey from back in 97. There are not any names or numbers on the jersey.

Favorite item is a toss up between the 5 disc DVD set I had autographed by Scotty Bowman when I met him in Sarasota in 2005 and the number "19" book about Yzerman. I just got the number "9" book and it is made just as well!

Too many to mention. I've always had Wings apparel as shown by baby pictures; my fav things I have now are my authentic Stevie Y jersey that i got for my birthday in 01, it's been to the joe twice; was cleaned and is now retired hanging in the closet........and a puck that Darren McCarty handed me at my first ever Wings game in St. Louis back in 99, I have it in a plaque along with his hockey card. I also have the "48 hours with the Detroit Red Wings'' book autographed by Brett Hull - those are all pretty high up on my list.

One of the two have decided yet but I will let you know the Gordie Howe Poster cost me 19.99 and was originally tagged at 125.00, I got it without a scratch on it, the store was having a hard time selling them in NH!! When I go home for lunch I will take a photo and post it of the Howe Poster, I can't find it online.

834a_1.JPG

Too many to mention. I've always had Wings apparel as shown by baby pictures; my fav things I have now are my authentic Stevie Y jersey that i got for my birthday in 01, it's been to the joe twice; was cleaned and is now retired hanging in the closet........and a puck that Darren McCarty handed me at my first ever Wings game in St. Louis back in 99, I have it in a plaque along with his hockey card. I also have the "48 hours with the Detroit Red Wings'' book autographed by Brett Hull - those are all pretty high up on my list.

Aw, your hand-signed puck puts my cruddy little plaque to shame :dontgetit: