• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zettsyukwall415

Osgood Named to West All-Star Team

Rate this topic

Here's a great interview with Ozzie from earlier today about going to the ASG.

http://redwings.nhl.tv/team/launch.htm?typ...2&catid=508

He's so funny!

Pay attention to Malts in the background as he passes by Oz and yells out "All star! All star!" :lol:

hahahaha maltby....that was awesome

"maltby is unbelievable, hes been on me all day" - ozzie

hahaha

I'm really irked about the Leclaire thing. I really was thinking it would be Luongo Ozzie and Leclaire when Lu was still in. Just shows how close Ozzie might have been to being snubbed.

legs and ozzie together again.... hahaha where is Manny > Ozzie (by a long shot) ???

Good for Ozzie... it will make the skillz comp more fun to watch

who starts now? since the leading vote getter backed out.

Edited by OsGOD

I don't even think there is any reason to why Leclaire isn't in the game, as in him not wanting to be there, family, injuries..etc. Blue Jacket fans are PISSED and have every reason to be. Funny thing is they are saying Osgood doesn't belong there because his numbers are only the way they are due to the team he plays for. So yeah. I mean come on. I believe Pascal deserves to be there. Ahead of Nabby, and wayyy ahead of Manny, but Ozzie shouldn't be snubbed for him.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

its really hard to say. nabby has played every game for the sharks with no night off and has really good numbers. manny does play very weel for st. louis and is there all star but should not be at the game. lecalire should be there over many for sure. 6 shutouts and 2nd in votes for gialies to be the starter. kinda sucks but oh well just glad ozzie iis going.

I don't even think there is any reason to why Leclaire isn't in the game, as in him not wanting to be there, family, injuries..etc. Blue Jacket fans are PISSED and have every reason to be. Funny thing is they are saying Osgood doesn't belong there because his numbers are only the way they are due to the team he plays for. So yeah. I mean come on. I believe Pascal deserves to be there. Ahead of Nabby, and wayyy ahead of Manny, but Ozzie shouldn't be snubbed for him.

Hasek plays for the same team and posts a 2.11 GAA. Bad argument. Ozzie deserves it, he has been on fire this season. I agree that based on the standings, Leclaire definitely should have been there over Legace.

Edited by Nero

Good for Ozzie. I especially like how he takes it like a grain of salt. Although I'd be inclined to think that most all the players are like that.

^ Huds eats a lot.

I didn't know Leclaire was 2nd in votes. UGH. SO UNFAIR. Ozzie deserves it and Leclaire deserves it...Nabby deserves it since Luongo is out. But Manny doesnt....and I love Manny. So unfair for Leclaire, I thought he was a lock and might get Ozzie snubbed (undeservedly) because he plays for the Wings.

Guest jaytan
i was actually about to say that although i got no problem with ozzie being there i think rafalski should of been there lol ....rafalski is 2nd in pts in the nhl on defence and theres guys like jovanovski and keith in and hes not .... although i do understand that they need to have other teams have at least one representative

Well, when I made the first post I was under the impression that Ozzie had never been an All-Star before, but I just found out he played in the '96 game. Still, he's been the best goaltender in the NHL this season and he can't even get recognition as the No. 1 starter. Might as well let him play in the All Star Game! :D

Huh?

On that interview with Osgood they were talking about since Ozzie got his new contract he should buy dinner for the team in Ottawa. He joking said Huds is a small guy, but can put down two steaks. I didn't explain it very well, but I thought it was funny.

Well, when I made the first post I was under the impression that Ozzie had never been an All-Star before, but I just found out he played in the '96 game. Still, he's been the best goaltender in the NHL this season and he can't even get recognition as the No. 1 starter. Might as well let him play in the All Star Game! :D

And 1997, so this will be his third trip to the game. :D

Guest jaytan
Legace over Leclaire is the biggest load of bunk ever unless they know something we don't.

Leclaire's on HGH?

First and foremost: I'm thrilled seeing Ozzie back in an All-Star game ! Bloody awesome !!!! :)

However, while Leclaire would have been an obvious pick, I don't think that should mean Legace shouldn't be.

Stats-wise Leclaire is better, but Legace has been far more consistent and has been a true MVP to his team.

so i thought he'd been voted to the 96 and 97 games.. but an article on NHL.com i think said 98 too? is this true?

The only game he played in was 1996. He was selected for the 1997 game but didn't play due to injury. He neither played or was selected in 1998.