• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zettsyukwall415

Osgood Named to West All-Star Team

Rate this topic

Yeah, I'm a little unimpressed by the fact that Rafalski didn't make the team. He's second in the league in defenceman scoring (nevermind the conference). Sure I realize there's gonna be several Wings of the team already, but I was really rooting for Brian to get the credit he deserves.

Anyways, I think Ozzie should've made it whether Luongo pulled out or not, but it's good to see him getting some recognition for his play so far. And as for Leclaire, he did kinda get screwed, but I'm sure he'll have many more shots at making the All-Star Game Team in the future.

Congrats Ozzie on his 3rd All-Star game!

I also can't figure out how you can have one Sedin there without the other.

No kidding--not only are their stats almost identical, but do you think Henrik will even know how to get his jock on straight without Daniel there? :P I kid, I kid.

As for the Leclaire/Manny thing. Yes, Leclaire deserves the nod over Manny. But their numbers aren't that much different, so it came down to 1.) St. Louis having a slightly better record as a team (even though, again, Manny's and Leclaire's W-L aren't that much different), and 2.) Manny not playing with a guy named Rick Nash to take up the team's All-Star spot.

Edit: toby91's right. Ozzie playing in '98 is a lie. An evil, evil lie.

Edited by Third Man In

I'm sooooo happy for Ozzie!

Feel Bad for Rafalski (he's been incredible)

I would have liked to see flipper in the line-up.

I can't wait for the skills competition. I have a feeling that Dats is going to smoke it up on the breakaways.

As for Zetta, mark my words he will be that all-star MVP this year.

By the way Wings win tonight 7-1

and Babs gets an assist for being brilliant as a coach!

Gotta love Drapes looking over at Cleary and saying "told ya?" and Cleary just says "yeah"

Nice to see Oz going to the All-Star game, Leclaire should have went instead of Manny, but at least the Oz is in. Nice to see so many Wings playing, too bad Raffy didn't make it though.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Woo Hoo !!

This is really getting silly; the way the WIngs are just SO damn head and shoulders above everyone else in the league. :rolleyes:

Congrats to Ozzie and all i'm saying, is .. if this team is HEALTHY come playoffs ...

But that is not an all-star game, that is a "let's get a player from every team together and have a game and see who wins" game. Bad idea, especially now in Baseball where home field is decided by the all star game results!

Which is RETARDED in my opinion. HATE that.

The ASG is just an exhibition. It means nothing. (Or it should.) It's just a fun little sideshow? Why would you not want to have as many people watching as possible?

I agree. There was no * and I'm curious.

Why are there so many people hung up on whether Osgood will start or not??? He's going to play 1 period like the other 2 goalies. What difference does it make whether it's the 1st, 2nd or 3rd period? It's absolutely meaningless.

Why are there so many people hung up on whether Osgood will start or not??? He's going to play 1 period like the other 2 goalies. What difference does it make whether it's the 1st, 2nd or 3rd period? It's absolutely meaningless.

No lie, and it's an absolutely meaningless games in terms of NHL standings. Why can't people just be happy that he's in when he wasn't even on a ballot to start a season? That says a lot to me. Seriously people... (sorry, I didn't read responses in this thread other than this page, sorry if that came out attacking people)

Much congrats to him, he earned it and certainly deserved it, and this rough outing tonight does not take away from him deserving to be in there one bit.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Here's my All-Star selections. Players in italics are guys I would have selected had there not been a requirement to select players from every team; their replacement is noted in parentheses.

WESTERN CONFERENCE:

Goal:

Chris Osgood, Detroit

Pascal Leclaire, Columbus

Evgeni Nabokov, San Jose

Defense:

Nicklas Lidstrom, Detroit

Dion Phaneuf, Calgary

Brian Rafalski, Detroit

Sergei Zubov, Dallas

Chris Pronger, Anaheim

Niklas Kronwall, Detroit (Marek Zidlicky, Nashville)

Forward:

Henrik Zetterberg, Detroit

Pavel Datsyuk, Detroit

Jarome Iginila, Calgary

Ryan Getzlaf, Anaheim

Joe Thornton, San Jose (Anze Kopitar, Los Angeles)

Paul Stastny, Colorado

Mike Ribiero, Dallas (Radim Vrbata, Phoenix)

Marian Gaborik, Minnesota

Patrick Kane, Chicago

Daniel Sedin, Vancouver

Henrik Sedin, Vancouver (Brad Boyes, St.Louis)

Kristian Huselius, Calgary (Shawn Horcoff, Edmonton)

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

Goal:

Martin Brodeur, New Jersey

Tim Thomas, Boston (Rick Dipietro, NY Islanders)

Henrik Lundqvist, NY Rangers

Defense:

Andrei Markov, Montreal

Zdeno Chara, Boston

Sergei Gonchar, Pittsburgh

Wade Redden, Ottawa

Tomas Kaberle, Toronto

Jaroslav Spacek, Buffalo

Forward:

Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh

Vincent Lecavalier, Tampa Bay

Daniel Alfredsson, Ottawa

Jason Spezza, Ottawa

Dany Heatley, Ottawa

Alexander Ovechkin, Washington

Ilya Kovalchuk, Atlanta

Mats Sundin, Toronto

Mike Richards, Philadelphia

Martin St.Louis, Tampa Bay

Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh (Ray Whitney, Carolina)

Olli Jokinen, Florida

So even though the West is a significantly stronger conference than the East at this time, the Western All-Star team is still dominated by a handful of top teams while the East shows much more parity in who has top players.