#21 arnoldbuck

arnoldbuck

Can you see the Shooter!?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (HockeyCrazy3033 @ January 10, 2008 - 09:27AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG. OMG. OMG.

Is it stupid that I just cried about 5 seconds ago when reading this? I am so freaking STOKED right now. He so deserves and I am so damn happy he's getting recognition for it. WOW. These past two days for Ozzie has been the best ever.

No, not stupid. While I remain tear free ... I am pretty stoked for the guy.
No Matter How Many Fish in the Sea ... It'll be So Empty Without Me
I'm a lover, not a fighter. But I'm also a fighter, so don't get any idea's.

#22 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,440 posts

QUOTE (HockeyCrazy3033 @ January 10, 2008 - 12:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it stupid that I just cried about 5 seconds ago when reading this?

Yes

#23 zata40

zata40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

4-Wings ( 5 if you count babs) banana.gif
1-blue
1- Hawk
1-Blue jacket
1-Nash
2-Sharks
2-Ducks
1-King
1-Coyote
1-Star
1-Canuck
2-Flames
1-Oiler
1-Wild
1-Avalanche

Posted Image

#24 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (toby91_ca @ January 10, 2008 - 05:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh and I know. I guess I am simply of the view that it does not make sense to pick one over the other. They should both be there or not.

100% agreed, I hate this invite some one from every team, what is this a 3rd grade classroom where you have to invite everyone in the class to your birthday or you can't hand out invites in class..
Seriously, an all-star game should be just that all-stars. Legace over Leclaire, no way.
Both of these guys deserve it, but because they need to invite a player from the worst team in the league, one of them misses it.

I am calling Shenanigan's on the whole thing!!

Captain O'Hagan: I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, " Shenanigans."
Mac: Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy s*** on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?
Farva: You mean Shenanigans?
Mac: OOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Thorny: OOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
[as they hand the Captain their pistols]

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#25 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:31 PM

I like that they have the rule that every team must be represented. It gives fans in every city a reason to watch. I certainly didn't mind that MLB had to select a Detroit Tiger every year despite the Tigers being the dregs of the league.

Anyway.....woohoo Ozzie! Wings hogging all the All-Star spots.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#26 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (betterREDthandead @ January 10, 2008 - 05:31PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like that they have the rule that every team must be represented. It gives fans in every city a reason to watch. I certainly didn't mind that MLB had to select a Detroit Tiger every year despite the Tigers being the dregs of the league.

Anyway.....woohoo Ozzie! Wings hogging all the All-Star spots.

But that is not an all-star game, that is a "let's get a player from every team together and have a game and see who wins" game. Bad idea, especially now in Baseball where home field is decided by the all star game results!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#27 zettermaberg

zettermaberg

Come on Fhqwgads!

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:37 PM

Good for Ozzie. An all-star performance in the first half, and a spot on the team for someone whose numbers truly merit it.

Well done, Oz! thumbup.gif

Edited by zettermaberg, 10 January 2008 - 12:38 PM.

“When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up to drink a lot on Christmas and be drunk." - Pavel Datsyuk

Whatever keeps you skating like that, Pavel...

#28 PenaltyShot 96

PenaltyShot 96

Youth Movement

• HoF Booster
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:44 PM

Yay Ozzie! goal.gif goal.gif He didn't get shafted for once! I am so proud to be a Wings fan right now.

Also, laugh.gif at the Sedin twin who didn't make it. He should come anyway and hide in the lockerroom, and between periods they can pull a twin switch.
"That's what happens when Downey walks into a room...things die."

#29 Cicada

Cicada

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:47 PM

well...

now thats he;s had all this good new he's better get the farking win tonight
IPB Image

#30 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (toby91_ca @ January 10, 2008 - 12:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes

ohmy.gif
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#31 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,440 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (Opie @ January 10, 2008 - 12:34PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But that is not an all-star game, that is a "let's get a player from every team together and have a game and see who wins" game. Bad idea, especially now in Baseball where home field is decided by the all star game results!

Actually, it probably makes a little more sense for baseball. If the results of the game could impact your team in the future, you'd probalby want representation from your team there.

In terms of the NHL, if you need someone from your team in the game to give you motivation to watch, are you really a fan of the game?

#32 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,440 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (HockeyCrazy3033 @ January 10, 2008 - 12:47PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ohmy.gif

Hey, you asked, I had to be honest tongue.gif

#33 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:03 PM

i dont see why rafalski isnt there, he is right behind lidstrom in points. i have no idea why he isnt there

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#34 CdnWingsFanEh

CdnWingsFanEh

GO WINGS GO!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:07 PM

DETROIT RED WINGS Vs. The EAST!!!

Yay for Ozzie!

Edited by CdnWingsFanEh, 10 January 2008 - 01:22 PM.

Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Facts. Who needs facts? You can prove anything with facts... 10% of all people know that...

"That's it. My groin, it cannot handle it," --Hasek (after his last skate at Joe Louis Arena)

#35 Zeta Power 40

Zeta Power 40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:09 PM

way 2 go Ozzie!
Red Wings, My Red Wings, Come On Wings, Lets Fly!!!
IPB Image
^Thanks Hockey13playa^

#36 jaytan

jaytan

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:10 PM

bouncecolors.gif goalie.gif punk.gif
That's the best news all year so far! He really deserved it, and I was terribly worried he'd get denied.
band.gif
Hail Jaytan!

#37 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (irishtemper14+25 @ January 10, 2008 - 01:03PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont see why rafalski isnt there, he is right behind lidstrom in points. i have no idea why he isnt there

I have this weird feeling that he still may go. I think maybe one of the D will decide not to go and Raffy will fill in. Who knows.

#38 jaytan

jaytan

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (b.shanafan14 @ January 10, 2008 - 12:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One thing that bugs me a lot is the attempt to represent as many teams as possible instead of taking the most deserving. Rafalski got snubbed big time! happy smile.gif

I agree there, but I don't think they want Detroit to represent a quarter of the guys on the roster. laugh.gif I'd rather Ozzie get his recognition than Rafalski.
Hail Jaytan!

#39 wingswillwincup

wingswillwincup

4th Line Grinder

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (jaytan @ January 10, 2008 - 01:13PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree there, but I don't think they want Detroit to represent a quarter of the guys on the roster. laugh.gif I'd rather Ozzie get his recognition than Rafalski.

i was actually about to say that although i got no problem with ozzie being there i think rafalski should of been there lol ....rafalski is 2nd in pts in the nhl on defence and theres guys like jovanovski and keith in and hes not .... although i do understand that they need to have other teams have at least one representative

#40 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:34 PM

Okay so I am for sure going to get his All Star jersey. Thing is if I order it today do you guys think I'd get it before the 26th?