• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

CuJo to sign with Calgary or San Jose

Rate this topic

Guest wingswillwincup
damn i was hoping he would get a starting job somewhere, i see him going to san jose because nabokov might benefit more from his exp rather than kippa

dammit !

thats not good for me i got nabokov AND kiprusoff in my hockey pool hahaha , i hope its not true ! lol , and dam keenan for screwing up kipper , no shut outs yet ..pfff lol

Good for Cujo. At this point in his career, he could only have hoped to be a backup, unless someone gets injured. Hell looking at it that way, he probably should have signed in St. Louis.

I see this as practically irrelevant. I'm not sure what the whole point of making a triumphant return to the NHL is if CuJo is only interested in the teams where he has the least chance of ever seeing the ice.

This reeks of a Scottie Pippen or Reggie Miller style "un-retirement".

No way CuJo signs with San Jose. There needs are secondary scoring (sound familiar?) so adding CuJo is sort've a lateral move for them. They are no closer to winning a Cup with CuJo on the team than they are without him. Nabokov is an elite goalie and will still be the undisputed #1 in SJ even if CuJo was to sign there. For that reason, I don't see Joseph being signed in SJ. Calgary is a better possibility since Kiprusoff, though solid lately, still isn't playing above a .900 SV% but the Flames have been on a roll lately and are seeing improvements from Miikka. Over the last 5 games he's gone 4-1 with a .919 SV%. No way they mess with Kiprusoff's head by bringing in Curtis.

My picks for CuJo's services

Carolina - Ward is not the same goalie as a few seasons back for whatever reason and could use some mentoring.

Pittsburgh - When Conklin comes back down to Earth, that is, if he does.

San Jose definitely needs CuJo. They have nothing in net beyond Nabokov. They need to rest Nabby down the stretch and CuJo can give them those quality starts that the top teams get from backups. This actually does increase San Jose's Cup chances because it allows them to rest Nabokov down the stretch.

San Jose definitely needs CuJo. They have nothing in net beyond Nabokov. They need to rest Nabby down the stretch and CuJo can give them those quality starts that the top teams get from backups. This actually does increase San Jose's Cup chances because it allows them to rest Nabokov down the stretch.

SJ may have nothing in net beyond Nabokov, but more importantly, they have no one on offense beyond Thornton. My feeling is that CuJo would like to go some where he actually has, all be it a small one, to start. SJ does not fit that equation.

SJ may have nothing in net beyond Nabokov, but more importantly, they have no one on offense beyond Thornton. My feeling is that CuJo would like to go some where he actually has, all be it a small one, to start. SJ does not fit that equation.

The only place he can do that is a non-playoff team, and he doesn't want that, either. Ottawa is the ideal situation for him because Gerber can drop the ball at a moment's notice, but Murray can't move Emery or Gerber at the moment to make room for CuJo.

I don't think San Jose will be quiet around the trade deadline, as there have indications that they'll jump into the Sundin sweepstakes. And the chances of Sundin accepting a trade to San Jose increases greatly with his buddy CuJo there.

The only place he can do that is a non-playoff team, and he doesn't want that, either. Ottawa is the ideal situation for him because Gerber can drop the ball at a moment's notice, but Murray can't move Emery or Gerber at the moment to make room for CuJo.

I don't think San Jose will be quiet around the trade deadline, as there have indications that they'll jump into the Sundin sweepstakes. And the chances of Sundin accepting a trade to San Jose increases greatly with his buddy CuJo there.

This should put an end to the CuJo to SJ rumors...

I nosed around a little this morning and found this out : The Sharks did have conversations at one point with Cujo’s agent. But that was as they were getting ready to place backup Dimitri Patzold on waivers in order to send him to the minors and bring up Thomas Greiss. Once Patzold cleared waivers and the Sharks knew their goalie stable was still full, the talks ended. Had the Sharks lost Patzold to another team, those Cujo conversations might still be ongoing.

Coach Ron Wilson even joked about the Cujo rumors in talking with reporters  including the Toronto media entourage  at this morning’s skate.

“If Cujo comes and wants to sit on the bench for 40 games, he can come,†Wilson said, expressing further confidence in Evgeni Nabokov’s ability to carry a heavy load. “I don’t think that’s what he wants.â€Â

Exactly what I said...

At this point in his career, Cujo is thinking about a Cup, nothing else. Here are my thoughts.

Toronto: Too much tied up in payroll, not anywhere near the playoffs this year. No chance.

Rangers: Slightly more possible than Toronto, but not likely as they haven't proven much this year.

Tampa Bay: Aren't the Leafs ahead of Tampa in the standings?

San Jose: Somethings needs to happen so Nabokov can get a rest. Cujo would fill a VITAL role in doing just that, while giving San Jose a chance to win without having Nabby in net.

Carolina: Legit option, however, they already have an aging backup in Grahame, and a capable backup in Leighton.

Pittsburgh: Not a real shot at the Cup, possibly in a few years. Although he could help push Fleury. As long as Conklin is playing well, it won't happen.

Calgary: He could help get Kipper back in form, but he has a rocky past with Keenan. While some reports say Keenan has called Cujo's agent to say the past is the past, it doesn't look good.

My money is on San Jose.

Darkhorse: Atlanta, they could make a push for the postseason, to do this they could use a goaltending upgrade. It's a situation that Cujo has thrived on in the past.

the leafs and rangers have added late bids to the CUJO sweepstakes

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=227157&hubname=

He's not going to the Rangers- Lundqvist is Lundqvist, Valiquette has been solid as a backup should be, or better. They have Montoya in the minors, and he is NHL-ready. None of their goalies have injury histories, and Lundqvist has had zero problems shouldering the load of 70-75 games.

No way CuJo signs with San Jose. There needs are secondary scoring (sound familiar?) so adding CuJo is sort've a lateral move for them. They are no closer to winning a Cup with CuJo on the team than they are without him. Nabokov is an elite goalie and will still be the undisputed #1 in SJ even if CuJo was to sign there. For that reason, I don't see Joseph being signed in SJ. Calgary is a better possibility since Kiprusoff, though solid lately, still isn't playing above a .900 SV% but the Flames have been on a roll lately and are seeing improvements from Miikka. Over the last 5 games he's gone 4-1 with a .919 SV%. No way they mess with Kiprusoff's head by bringing in Curtis.

My picks for CuJo's services

Carolina - Ward is not the same goalie as a few seasons back for whatever reason and could use some mentoring.

Pittsburgh - When Conklin comes back down to Earth, that is, if he does.

Don Cherry said last night Toronto was getting CuJo. Not sure how much weight that carries.

Play along with me here- do it. ;)

Allright.... IMO Cujo is better than:

Mason (or Ellis) - San Jose

Garon (or Roloson) - Edmonton

Toskala - Toronto

whoever is starting - LA

Budaj - Avalanche

Fleury / Conklin / Thibault - Pittsburgh

Holmqvist - Tampa

Allright.... IMO Cujo is better than:

Mason (or Ellis) - San Jose

Garon (or Roloson) - Edmonton

Toskala - Toronto

whoever is starting - LA

Budaj - Avalanche

Fleury / Conklin / Thibault - Pittsburgh

Holmqvist - Tampa

Do you mean Mason (or Ellis) in Nashville maybe?