• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest wingswillwincup

hudler-filppula-cleary-franzen

Rate this topic

Guest wingswillwincup

i was checking our roster and tryin to figure out some numbers and seeing how zetterberg will get a big raise , filppula and cleary to stay here longer will probably be around 2.5 a season , hudler as well in 2 yrs ..... then dont forgot holmstrom if he resigns , lebda will get a raise in 2 seasons ... franzen as well

My point is i dont think theres anyway that we'll be able to afford to keep those 4 players at around 2-2.5 million each which is what i invision them getting each in 2 yrs along with zetterbergs big money so i think one of them will have to be dealt unless the cap goes up dramatically , even with it going up to the rumored 53 million next year i dont see it as being enough , anyways to answer my own question i really like franzen hes a big guy who hits which we dont have nearly enough of and can chip in 15 goals but i think he can be replaced for a cheaper guy so hes the guy id get rid of if need be , this is why i was hoping the wings could of had a spoken agreement with lidstrom where he would of signed for one year next season at 10 million and in 2 yrs when we got alot of contracts to fit in we could of signed him to a 1 yr deal worth the 4.5 difference of the deal he got now , would of helped us out ALOT

anyways who would you guys trade if it ever came down to it ?

Definitely not Flip, so I'd probably say Franzen. Hudler at least gives us offensive production, even though Franzen gives us a big body that we lack, but I still don't think of him as a physical player. Franzen's also good defensively, but we have plenty of that. By the way, smart move not including Sammy as one of the choices, or else this would have been a unanimous landslide.

Guest wingswillwincup
Definitely not Flip, so I'd probably say Franzen. Hudler at least gives us offensive production, even though Franzen gives us a big body that we lack, but I still don't think of him as a physical player. Franzen's also good defensively, but we have plenty of that. By the way, smart move not including Sammy as one of the choices, or else this would have been a unanimous landslide.

hahaha well i think its a given hes gone after his contract is over and theres no way we'd ever sign him to 2-2.5 million a year , those 4 guys i can see them getting around that number in a few yrs time if not from us then from somewhere else

If I HAD to pick between those four - Franzen. Flip must be a Wing for life. Cleary is extremely valuable on the PK, IMO. Rex is really picking up the playmaking skills.

I'd hate to lose Franzen as well, but I think he brings the least to the table. Definitely not a playmaker - decent finisher, but not a playmaker. Good as a grinder, but you can find those elsewhere, Flip and Cleary are hustle-types too, and they tend to bring in more goals.

Although, I think the Wings have quite a bit of defensive depth below the big club, and not as much forward depth, so really, out of the guys you mentioned, Lebda's the most expendable, not a forward.

Out of that list I would pick Franzen, or maybe Hudler but probably Franzen. But I cant see Franzen making 2-2.5 per year when he re-ups. Not enough goal production out of him.

Guest wingswillwincup
If I HAD to pick between those four - Franzen. Flip must be a Wing for life. Cleary is extremely valuable on the PK, IMO. Rex is really picking up the playmaking skills.

I'd hate to lose Franzen as well, but I think he brings the least to the table. Definitely not a playmaker - decent finisher, but not a playmaker. Good as a grinder, but you can find those elsewhere, Flip and Cleary are hustle-types too, and they tend to bring in more goals.

Although, I think the Wings have quite a bit of defensive depth below the big club, and not as much forward depth, so really, out of the guys you mentioned, Lebda's the most expendable, not a forward.

we got lebda tied up for 2 more seasons , those 4 players can be making 2-2.5 each in 2 seasons , so trading lebda wouldnt make a difference ,we gotta hope the payroll goes up to 56 million in 2009-2010 ..... the hockey strike that we endured is looking more and more likely that it was a waste of time cause were slowly going back to the old days

Guest wingswillwincup
Out of that list I would pick Franzen, or maybe Hudler but probably Franzen. But I cant see Franzen making 2-2.5 per year when he re-ups. Not enough goal production out of him.

i hope your right but i can see a team out there offering maybe a 4 yr /8 million deal .... i think he can be a 15 goal scorer

we do have abdelkader who can take his spot though in 2009-2010

Edited by wingswillwincup

the hockey strike that we endured is looking more and more likely that it was a waste of time cause were slowly going back to the old days

How's that? The cap number is tied to league revenue. The more money the league makes, the more money the players make. What's wrong with that?

Guest wingswillwincup
How's that? The cap number is tied to league revenue. The more money the league makes, the more money the players make. What's wrong with that?

well the numbers are slowly going back up ...... and i think up now cause the canadian dollar is high and some teams raised prices , what happens if the canadian dollar goes back down and fans stop going ? then the cap goes down and all these teams with these longterm deals are screwed and were back to where we started , a whole bunch of problems..... thats just how i see it

Franzen seems to be the consensus - not that I disagree. He seems to be the obvious one, doesn't mean that I'm bashing him though... Other than that, Hudler although I would dislike trading him unless the return was good or we for some reason absolutely had to get rid of him...

I love all of the guys mentioned, but I would have to say Franzen. As others have mentioned, he seems to the most "dime a dozen" guy out of the four. Flip, if everything stays on track, is going to be an amazing player. I truly believe that. I don't think Cleary and Hudler have the same skill level as Flip, but they chip in, make plays, and work hard. Cleary is doing great and I love his work ethic out there. This is not to say Franzen does not work hard or make plays, but I just don't he think he quite has the skill of Hudler or Cleary and definitely not Flip. That being said, I like Franzen and would like to see him in a Wings uniform for a while if possible.

Guest wingswillwincup
i see us being able to fit them all in there, like flip and huds getting 4-5 year deals for 2 mil per. and cleary getting a 3 yr deal(like draper) at around 2-2.5, and franzen will not make more than flip and rex.

i see filppula cleay and hudler making each between 2.5 to 3 mill per on a 4-5 yr deal , add that to zetterbergs big contract , lidstrom 7.45 , rafalski 6 , datsyuk 6.7 , kronwall 3 , holmstrom being resigned to 2-3 mill again IF were lucky .... i think we'll have some nice decisions to make in the 2009-2010 season

Guest jaytan

I'd get rid of Hudler first, then Filppula. I'd let Franzen stay and I wouldn't even consider messin' with Cleary.

well the numbers are slowly going back up ...... and i think up now cause the canadian dollar is high and some teams raised prices , what happens if the canadian dollar goes back down and fans stop going ? then the cap goes down and all these teams with these longterm deals are screwed and were back to where we started , a whole bunch of problems..... thats just how i see it

If by prices you mean ticket prices then for most people the value of the dollar is irrelevant because people that buy tickets are going to buy them in their own currency (Detroit would be an exception as well as Buffalo I suppose) so I'm not sure I understand that.

Its Franzen and theres no question. I love how people want to give up Hudler. Hes small, but that hasnt slowed him down one bit. Theres absolutely no reason to give up a guy that will easily hit the 50 point mark who has mad skills, has shown hes got the drive to improve his skills (see the skating drills he did to improve his stride), and isnt afraid of going to the hard places. Huds is a competitor, no doubt, and a cheap one for another year. Plus hes young and hungry. You want more physicality in the lineup? Do it at the expense of 1) Sammy and 2) Franzen, who IMO has been a disappointment in terms of physicality. Dont get me wrong, Im a Franzenstein fan more than a Hudler fan, but its not hard to see whos more essential to the team.

The way I see it, it could cost us up to 4M to replace a skill guy who can net 60 points like Hudler can and maybe will even this season. It would probably cost us 2M to replace a 15 goal, 35 point guy who brings some size..

Guest wingswillwincup
I'd get rid of Hudler first, then Filppula. I'd let Franzen stay and I wouldn't even consider messin' with Cleary.

hudler THEN filppula ?? tell me your kidding lol :P

Guest wingswillwincup
Its Franzen and theres no question. I love how people want to give up Hudler. Hes small, but that hasnt slowed him down one bit. Theres absolutely no reason to give up a guy that will easily hit the 50 point mark who has mad skills, has shown hes got the drive to improve his skills (see the skating drills he did to improve his stride), and isnt afraid of going to the hard places. Huds is a competitor, no doubt, and a cheap one for another year. Plus hes young and hungry. You want more physicality in the lineup? Do it at the expense of 1) Sammy and 2) Franzen, who IMO has been a disappointment in terms of physicality. Dont get me wrong, Im a Franzenstein fan more than a Hudler fan, but its not hard to see whos more essential to the team.

The way I see it, it could cost us up to 4M to replace a skill guy who can net 60 points like Hudler can and maybe will even this season. It would probably cost us 2M to replace a 15 goal, 35 point guy who brings some size..

i agree with you but i think the reason that all 4 will PROBABLY get between 2 to 3 mill per ( im just guessin) is why we might have to get rid of one of them , i was thinking franzen could be replaced by abdelkader i think he will play the 2008-2009 season in grand rapids and abdelkader MIGHT be ready in 2009-2010

we got lebda tied up for 2 more seasons , those 4 players can be making 2-2.5 each in 2 seasons , so trading lebda wouldnt make a difference ,we gotta hope the payroll goes up to 56 million in 2009-2010 ..... the hockey strike that we endured is looking more and more likely that it was a waste of time cause were slowly going back to the old days

If this were the old days it wouldn't even be a question - we'd just keep them all at whatever number we felt like paying them.

Guest wingswillwincup
If this were the old days it wouldn't even be a question - we'd just keep them all at whatever number we felt like paying them.

im just saying if the cap keeps going up then it might be like that again .... tsn said in 5 yrs when crosbys contract will end then the most a player might get is 15 mill .... geez for it to get that high im guessin the cap in 6 yrs will be 60 + ????? then itll basically just be the wings/rangers/leafs and other big markets vs the rest , theres already teams with their own budget ..... its good for us but i kinda like it the way it is now , theres not too much difference around the league

Guest Jeremy88

I never really liked Franzen anyway, so I'd trade him even if we didn't have to.