• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
shannyfan1414

Throwback Jerseys

Rate this topic

Maybe it's just me, but i think that Detroit has to bring back the throwback jersey every once in a while.

PAAAAACHNKJCIAAO.jpg

I think that this is one of the coolest jersey out there. Why not wear them for our fist meeting with each of the original six teams. I think that they would look great and just be something cool that the team can do. It would help to make the original six match ups a little special.

What do you guys think?

Am I just crazy and this is a bad idea?

Maybe it's just me, but i think that Detroit has to bring back the throwback jersey every once in a while.

PAAAAACHNKJCIAAO.jpg

I think that this is one of the coolest jersey out there. Why not wear them for our fist meeting with each of the original six teams. I think that they would look great and just be something cool that the team can do. It would help to make the original six match ups a little special.

What do you guys think?

I actually was thinking of this idea a few weeks ago. This would be an awesome idea. I mean every other major sport does this so why not the NHL?? I would love to see some throwback jerseys, especially in Detroit.

PAAAAACHNKJCIAAO.jpg

What do you guys think?

I don't like the jerseys either, but I agree that its a great idea having original six meets with throwbacks.

I absolutely love the two Wings jerseys, and think it would be awesome to add a special alternate jersey in black with red trim.

The Lions should wear there throwbacks as staandards, they're sweet.

I actually really like the throwbacks. I like that the Wings have such a rich tradition, I think they should display it.

My buddy has one of the new NHL games for PS2, I am pretty sure it's NHL2K7 or 8 or whatever. Anyway, I was playing as the Wings and went I went through the jerseys I saw the old Detroit Cougars jersey with the actual cougar on it. This is different than any one I've ever seen, I've seen the one with the D on the front. My question is does anyone know where or if you can buy these? I also wouldn't mind seeing them wear these.

I like how people think we'd be "going back to team history" by wearing these candy cane throwbacks, as if they're somehow a huge part of the history of the Wings.

History lesson:

Those jerseys were worn for exactly ONE year: 1927-1928. The only reason people think they're any kind of big part of tradition is because they were chosen as the throwback to be worn in the '91-'92 season when all O6 teams wore a throwback of some kind during the games against each other to celebrate the league's 75th anniversary.

The uniform Sleight is referring to is the '28-'29 jersey and is as big a part of "tradition" as any other. (And no, I don't know where you can buy it.)

I can just picture a game between the candy-cane striped Red Wings and the bumblebee-striped Bruins (who wore brown and yellow, not black, back then.) It would be a little like watching a football game on bright yellow turf. It would probably cause epileptic seizures.

Probably the only throw-wayyyy-back the Wings could wear that wouldn't cause my eyes to pop out of my skull and hide would be maybe that cougar-head one (but that had stripes on the arms) or, more likely, the one they wore their very first year with one simple stripe and an Old English D.

Otherwise leave the throwback-wearing to the teams that have forgotten their history.

I like the candy-cane jersey, but it's not a Wings jersey. IIRC it's either a Cougar or Falcon jersey. Maybe if the Wings wanted to go retro they could wear the ones like when Howe first joined the Wings organization. The Wings logo then is a bit different than the one today.

I would also love to see them pull out the jersey with the old D. I tried to post that one up as well but couldn't find a picture of one.

I'm not at a fan of the black wings jersey. Black has never been, and i hope never will be, a color for the wings. Why wear a black jersey. I guess i just hate them.

I love the 27-28 jersey. I think that it looks sharp. I own an Yzerman one from the 91-92 season. It is my favorite jersey that i own.

I would also love to see them pull out the jersey with the old D. I tried to post that one up as well but couldn't find a picture of one.

I'm not at a fan of the black wings jersey. Black has never been, and i hope never will be, a color for the wings. Why wear a black jersey. I guess i just hate them.

I love the 27-28 jersey. I think that it looks sharp. I own an Yzerman one from the 91-92 season. It is my favorite jersey that i own.

i agree got to have the old english "D" if ever going to be throwback otherwise just fine as they are

What really keeps these jerseys fresh in our minds is the video games have it as an optional uniform. Even on XBox, I don't feel right using that uniform,..but to be honest, I would like to see it happen maybe once a season?

I like the candy cane ones... always wanted one... hell i am shocked i don't own one of them... mental note made

If you are talkinga bout the "candy cane jersey", then i highly recomend that you try and find one of the michel and ness ones. They are money and thats the one that i found, and it is by far my favorite jersey.

Probably the only throw-wayyyy-back the Wings could wear that wouldn't cause my eyes to pop out of my skull and hide would be maybe that cougar-head one (but that had stripes on the arms) or, more likely, the one they wore their very first year with one simple stripe and an Old English D.

That's the one I was thinking of. I'd totally dig that one, though it looks better as a "true" sweater.

^ ^ ^

IF (and that's a big IF) the Wings ever got a third sweater, THAT is the one I'd like to see them go with, not some stylized, over-striped, over-colorblocked, over-trimmed version like every other team seems to have these days. :ranting:

As for which version of the Leafs sweater I prefer, I know the poll's not "official" yet, but I'd pick the top one. I like the leaf much better. :)