• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

IceMunkee

Darren McCarty Progress Thread

Rate this topic

I knew he had it in him. Now let's see how he does with GR. Only one more step to go, but let's focus on this one and see how it works out. I have very high hopes personally. I am really excited to see him do it.

Yay! :D:yahoo::clap: He's not quite back yet, but he's on his way!

I would love to see Mac get his happy ending in Detroit! It sounds like Mac is working hard and really wants it, and I think Draper's belief in him and his kids' belief in him help to motivate him. He could hypothetically take Kopecky's or Drake's minutes and be just as effective. He and Downey could be the Smash Bros. lol :boxing: Then Pronger wouldn't dare to take a swipe at Cleary's eyeball.

:D:clap::yowza::thumbup:

I really like the sound of this - now that he's with the Griffins, doesn't this mean we can call him up whenever, even after the trade deadline? The hell w/ making a trade, let him get a few games in and then get him up here! I really think this is going to happen!

Not exactly. He still needs to be offered a contract by the Red Wings in order to be called up. My guess is he would be offered a two-way contract if he gets one from the Wings, meaning he could be called up when/if an injury occurs (knock on wood). The only problem with a two-way contract is that he would have to clear waivers when he is sent back down to Grand Rapids. With a player in DMac's situation, it would be very important for him to stay in game shape if the Wings are serious about him being on the roster. It would suck if he got a contract from the Wings, then called up for injury purposes (knock on wood) and ended up getting picked up on waivers once he was sent back down...

Edited by WhiteLightning91

Not exactly. He still needs to be offered a contract by the Red Wings in order to be called up. My guess is he would be offered a two-way contract if he gets one from the Wings. The only problem with a two-way contract is that he would have to clear waivers when he is sent down. It would suck though if he got called up for injury purposes (knock on wood) and ended up getting picked up on waivers once he was sent back down...

I kind of forgot about him needing a two way contract...that being said, in order for him to possibly be called up then, doesn't he need a two way contract before the trade deadline? Or since he's "Red Wings property" so to speak, could they offer him that contract at any time before the playoffs?

My lousy day at work ends on a bright note!

Even if Mac doesn't get back to the Wings -- and I hope he does -- if he's motivated to get his health and family back, that means more than his career, even.

Mac is saving his own life. I couldn't be more proud of him. Keep up the good work, buddy, we're with you... and we never forgot you.

D-Mac, you rock! :thumbup:

D-MAC!!! *wipes away tears*

Ahh I'm so loving this! I hope he does GREAT with the Griffs and maybeeee Kenny offers him a 2 way..and maybe..just MAYBE, the GRIND LINE will be reunited! I see good things coming out of all this. *crosses fingers*

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Ahh I'm getting goosebumps thinking about Mac beating the crap out of Pronger. I've never hated Pronger in my life as much as I do this year lol

Yes, can I jump on the Mac-Pounds-Pronger bandwagon? Man, I hate Pronger, have ever since that playoff series against Edmonton a couple years back. Arrogant prick.

This is great news and a huge opportunity for McCarty to earn a spot with the Red Wings. At first, I thought this whole comeback was absurd, because quite honestly Mac was washed-up from a hockey perspective. However, Mac has proven he is willing to put forth the effort and time to get his career and life back on track.

I will be rooting for Darren's comeback to come full-circle, but realistically it's still a long-shot. The IHL and AHL are worlds apart from NHL competition. Not to rain on the parade, but Mac wasn't a very effective NHL player when he last played, and that's putting it kindly.

Of course, for sentimental reasons, it would be an amazing story to watch Darren McCarty play for the Red Wings again. However, nostalgia doesn't win championships. I want what is best for the Red Wings as a team, not a feel-good story just for the hell of it. Mac has a long way to go to prove he is more deserving of a roster spot over guys like Kopecky or Drake.

Even if Darren McCarty never suits up for Detroit again, we should all be proud of the way he turned his life around. Regardless of what happens, us Red Wing fans will always cherish the memories Mac blessed us with.

Good Luck Darren, we are all rooting for you!

Edited by GoWings1905

:clap::clap: Great f***in' post right there! Cheers!!!

esteef

well, thanks, esteef! :blush: It may be a long-shot, but as a believer in the power of the human spirit, I will be pulling for Mac. I hope he makes it all the way back to Detroit.

I am currently putting air in the tires of the McCarty Bandwagon. Reem, wanna ride shotgun? I will even let you drive. :cool:

Of course, for sentimental reasons, it would be an amazing story to watch Darren McCarty play for the Red Wings again. However, nostalgia doesn't win championships.

No, but it sure puts butts in the seats! :thumbup: What good is it to win championships when the fan base is slowly slipping away? Who will pay for all those salaries without ticket sales remaining up? Detroit has a small barn now compared to most of the arenas in the league, no? Best fill up what seats there are, and who would do that better than McCarty? He is what so many people have missed about the "new" NHL...toughness, hits, fights. That's why those 3,000 fans left JLA and haven't come back. Don't get me wrong...I love winning, but I'm sure the ownership is in it for the bucks as much as winning. ;)

YAAAHHHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I don't think I could have recieved better news today!!! Oh man I have such a good feeling about this!

Dear Mac,

Good luck in Grand Rapids! Hope to see you down in the D very soon.

Munkee

P.S. Screw all the people that say you cannot do it, or that your a charity case. You earn everything you got!

Actually the Joe has the 3rd largest capacity in the league, behind only Montreal and Chicago.

would of never thought that.

anyway, i was at Dmacs first game in the IHL, and ill be at his first home game with the griffins too.. Im syked.. Dmac will be wing.. mark my wods.

Gota question.... - If he gets called up for GR before Friday will he make the trip to Des Moines? This happens to be where I live haha.....that would be badass to see his first game back :) They have a Friday/Saturday night stint here this weekend.

Edited by TaP