• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

Rangers Vs Penguins GDT

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

Figured we might as well have a thread for this game. Considering it's the only hockey scheduled today.

Pretty exciting so far.

Opening faceoff just had a scrap. Laraque Vs Orr. Nice crap too. Edge to Laraque in this one.

And a few scoring chances for the Rangers. Could be a good one tonight.

Guest DetroitIan

Wow, the Penguins just had a great scoring chance, then the Rangers came right back with one of their own. Nice.

Guest DetroitIan

Wonder if this one turns out to be a blowout, or if the Rangers can still make it a game.

Guest DetroitIan

Yeah Im surprised. Usually alot of Wings fans love watching hockey no matter who the team is. I think the Rangers will make a game of this. Unless the Pens score the next goal. Then IMO its over. But if the Rangers can get that next goal, this one definitely isn't over.

Yeah Im surprised. Usually alot of Wings fans love watching hockey no matter who the team is. I think the Rangers will make a game of this. Unless the Pens score the next goal. Then IMO its over. But if the Rangers can get that next goal, this one definitely isn't over.

Then it's decided...we're the only Red Wings fans here.

Guest DetroitIan
Then it's decided...we're the only Red Wings fans here.

lol, exactly. :lol: We shall stand proudly! :lol:

Guest DetroitIan

Finally the Rags put one on the board.

Nice little shot by Jagr.

Still 10:30 left. This could possibly still be a game.

Guest DetroitIan
You're not going to seriously tell me that malkin deserves in over Savard

That's what I'm saying. Savard doesn't have half the amount of help around him as Malkin does. Savard absolutely deserves to be an all-star. Hense, Savard is an all-star.

You're not going to seriously tell me that malkin deserves in over Savard

Well, Malkin has 23 goals and 52 points, compared to Savard's 11 goals and 47 points.

Yes, Malkin has Crosby, but the two have only played together for the past 10 games or so. Beyond those two, there isn't much offense, even though a lot of people would have you think otherwise.

My favorite thing about this game was the Ty Conklin show. I love to see that guy doing well. Had a moment in this game that was reminiscent of his behind the net cough up in the play offs w/ Edmonton. Unlike that situation, he sped back into position and stopped a great scoring opportunity. Here's hoping he keeps it up and pushes Fleury when he comes back.

Figured we might as well have a thread for this game. Considering it's the only hockey scheduled today.

Pretty exciting so far.

Opening faceoff just had a scrap. Laraque Vs Orr. Nice crap too. Edge to Laraque in this one.

And a few scoring chances for the Rangers. Could be a good one tonight.

I had Orr winning it because he ended up dropping Laraque. But it was a good tilt either way.

I really enjoyed this game. Crosby sure showed why he's considered the best in the game right now. How many times did he undress a dman? Man this kid is awesome to watch.

Watching the Rangers free fall brings a smile to my face. Sather is so completely daft it's not even funny. Letting Nylander walk and sign for peanuts compared to Gomez was a colossal mistake. And with today's NHL, every GM should know that if you have chemistry, you keep them. Gomez and Drury have been big busts so far. $15M could have gone a long way in resigning Lundqvist long term as well as picking up a dman or two.

I hope they don't make the playoffs and I hope Sather is fired. I'm tired of idiot GM's that continue to believe that throwing money at problems is the solution.