• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lidsyukerberg

McCarty Trivia

Rate this topic

I know what you're all thinking, but this isn't another McCarty post like the others, this is kind of strange and pretty cool.

My son and I collect hockey cards together and McCarty being one of my favorite players I kind of keep my eye out for his cards. Anyway, I came across the card pictured below (front and back scan of card) just before Christmas (I am just now getting around to this, I have been busy). So I thought I would post it on here and see if:

First, you can guess what it wrong with/different about this card

Second, if you figure out the first part, then how in the world did this come to be? I don't remember anything like this ever happening.

mccarty_card.jpg

well, he's wearing #19..

because it's him playing for Adirondack, not Detroit, who were the Wings AHL team at the time

Wow, thanks Cicada, good call I never noticed that. Mystery solved. I thought he always wore #25, guess you learn something new every day. Well, maybe not you Cicada, you already knew it.

How about this non-McCarty trivia:

Who's the last NHLer to wear the #99 besides Wayne Gretzky?

And for bonus rounds, what was Joe Sakic's original number when he broke in the league.

Well done Toby!

Funny sidenote about Sakic wearing 88... Quebec took that number away from him, saying 88 wasn't a "hockey player's number". Then a couple years later, they drafted "the" #88, Eric Lindros.

How about this non-McCarty trivia:

Who's the last NHLer to wear the #99 besides Wayne Gretzky?

And for bonus rounds, what was Joe Sakic's original number when he broke in the league.

i thought this topic was "McCarty Trivia" not "Hockey Trivia". We got enough "hockey trivia" threads that get started here and there.

I WANT MORE MAC TRIVIA!!

Here is a GOOD trivia question.....I came upon it by accident and thought it would be a great one....

Every number from 0 - 99 had been taken in NHL history except one (prior to 06 - 07 season). This last unform number was worn for the 1st time ever on opening night of the 06 - 07 season.

Which uniform number was the LAST one to be taken, and who wore it?

Here is a GOOD trivia question.....I came upon it by accident and thought it would be a great one....

Every number from 0 - 99 had been taken in NHL history except one (prior to 06 - 07 season). This last unform number was worn for the 1st time ever on opening night of the 06 - 07 season.

Which uniform number was the LAST one to be taken, and who wore it?

#84, Guillaume Latendresse.