Photo
- - - - -

What is the greatest television show of all time?

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#81 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:10 PM

There has been a lot of great tv over the years. For me some of the best were, in no particular order

Boston legal
The sopranos
Seinfeld
Arrested development
The wire
Extras

As for today's tv, I'd strongly recommend

Mad men (this one is a must watch!!)
Dexter
Community
Modern family
Damages
Boardwalk empire
Curb your enthusiasm

I love tv :hehe:

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#82 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:05 PM

Curb Your Enthusiasm really rubbed me the wrong way with a certain episode not too long ago.

I think it wouldn't be right if The Simpsons weren't included in that discussion of best TV show.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#83 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:31 PM

All In The Family. It went places in the early to mid-70s that shows TODAY wouldn't have the balls to go. I'm not just talking about the frank language, either. I'm talking about the story lines, especially Edith's rape.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#84 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:18 PM

WWE Raw for me.

Only show in TV history with over 900+ episodes and still going.

It's there every week with a new show and no offseasons. Fans of every TV show would dream for that kind of deal.

Dragon Ball Z, no joke

It displays honorable, noble characters with good morals and good prevailing over evil. The characters have great depth as they change from good to bad as well as great characterization. The men are respectable, alpha-males and the women are tough and smart. The story is original. The dialogue is funny and and the word choices are very smart. And most of all it's really badass. Best television show of all time. :P

God I miss that show. :(

Although I still think Dragonball was a better show, since it didn't drag so long and was more of an adventure story.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 09 November 2010 - 08:18 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#85 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:47 PM

the Doggie Doo Dollar Half Hour - on NYC public access in the mid 90's. 30 minutes of somebody filming from their apartment window people "finding" a dollar bill on the street below only to discover it had been smeared in dog s***. Some people noticed right away, some people got the bill into their pockets before the smell got them. Either way, it was hilarity in its most pure and deviant form.

works every time

#86 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:44 PM

WWE Raw for me.

Only show in TV history with over 900+ episodes and still going.

It's there every week with a new show and no offseasons. Fans of every TV show would dream for that kind of deal.

God I miss that show. :(

Although I still think Dragonball was a better show, since it didn't drag so long and was more of an adventure story.

I used to watch RAW all the time. DragonBallZ was one of my favorites growing up too. And no matter how supid it was, one of (if not, the most) kick-ass cartoon of all time was Beavis and Butt-Head :thumbup:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#87 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

The past:
Are You Afraid of the Dark
TMNT
Rugrats
Rock's Modern life
WWF
WCW
Monk
Scrubs

Now:
The Office (US)
Southpark
Dexter
Eastbound & Down
Psych
Chuck
True Blood
Spartacus
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#88 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:10 PM

I used to watch RAW all the time. DragonBallZ was one of my favorites growing up too. And no matter how supid it was, one of (if not, the most) kick-ass cartoon of all time was Beavis and Butt-Head :thumbup:

Dude, you must be my imaginary playpal. :scared:

Those are all the shows I watched.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#89 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:41 AM

I don't set my free time schedule to TV sitcom watching anymore, I just watch live sports in news, but over the course of my life, I'd say The Simpsons gets an honorable mention, since it has still been going on for so long, but I'd have to go with the Cosby Show. Bill Cosby is just a legend.

When I was growing up, I really liked watching Family Matters as well.

#90 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:00 AM

the simpsons
mr. show
northern exposure
the x-files
father ted
hill street blues
monty python's flying circus
twin peaks
king of the hill
arrested development
the sopranos
the wire
cosmos
freaks and geeks

the best show on tv right now is louie

#91 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:55 AM

I almost never watch TV anymore, but my favorites from yesteryear were:

- Looney Tunes (and many other cartoons)
- Jeopardy
- NHL, NFL, NBA, Olympics, World Cup (hockey and soccer)

Today, the only things I ever turn on the TV, and very very rarely at that, are for:

- Penn and Teller: Bulls***
- Real Time with Bill Maher (his show has kinda grown a bit stale though -- he's still kinda funny)
- NHL*, NFL**

* = 99% chance is, if it's on the TV, it's me watching it online and using my PC's DVI connection, and setting my desktop to treat the TV like a 2nd monitor, to move it over to the TV.
** = I've watched like one full 49ers game, another partial 49ers game, and maybe a couple minutes from some other game, this season. Watched pretty much zero last season. Dunno if that counts as actually watching, but that's how little TV I actually spend time watching television anymore in the first place.

I'd go with Penn and Teller though. Funny as hell, and far more informative than just about the rest of the crap you'll find on cable/satellite.

Edited by Shoreline, 21 November 2010 - 12:14 PM.

#92 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:38 PM

This is true. I liked the themes and morals of DBZ better though. The situations were a lot more intense. I've been watching the uncut episodes online since about June. :hehe: In my college English class, we have to write a research paper about a TV show. What am I writing about? That's right, DBZ. College English, Dragon Ball Z. :P
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#93 WpgMikos

WpgMikos

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:57 PM

Comedy: Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm
Old School: Cheers, Night Court

Series: Law & Order, Soprano's

Cartoon: Family Guy, Futurama, Simpsons

#94 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:45 PM

Dude, you must be my imaginary playpal. :scared:

Those are all the shows I watched.

Woah..really? :o Did we just become best friends?! :P
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#95 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:24 AM

I sometimes watched wrasslin' but because friends did and because they had a black box (old school) so I didn't pay a cent to watch the pay per views, which consequently were the only shows worth watching. More often than not, found myself, when not arguing with friends about the fact that it was staged/fake, getting bored of the recurring theme of "screwing" somebody. In all honesty, I also just liked the fact that they didn't hide the fact that they were selling **** and ass. Friends conned me into watching like a full season of The Girls Next Door which was part of our football weekend when we were drunk (the only time watching any of these would be most entertaining), yelling at the TV when some team made a big play, or hooting and hollerin' at it when seeing babes. This is probably why I didn't have many *** friends -- they wouldn't have fit in, in this group.

Edited by Shoreline, 23 November 2010 - 12:26 AM.

#96 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:39 PM

I use to love Flipper as well for some reason haha
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#97 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:11 PM

A lot of people want to rank Friends high on the list, but I never liked it.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#98 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:10 PM

I think i watched two episodes total and could not stand it, same thing with, gasp, Sienfield.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#99 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

i havent really watched tv much the last couple years. only shows ive followed from beginning to end are WWF/E Raw, WWF/E Smacdown!, Simpsons, King of the Hill, Beavis and Butthead, Ren and Stimpy, Tales from the Crypt, The OC, Dawsons Creek, X Files, Millenium, Outer Limits, 7th Heaven, Lost, 24, and Cold Case (only show that probably will never be released on DVD/Blue Ray). Now im just getting into The Office, House, Medium, Monk, Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men, and Dexter.

Now only thing i watch on tv is Wrestling(WWE, TNA, ROH) and UFC. Or just anything else really that catches my eye of interest.

#100 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:14 PM

I think i watched two episodes total and could not stand it, same thing with, gasp, Sienfield.

That's because you guys are just too young. :P

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users