• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

puckloo39

1/17 GDT: Red Wings 3, Canucks 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

Great game all around. Z did look a bit off tonight.

The one guy I feel sorry for on this team is Hudler. Babs was putting him on with 3 different lines, rotating him in, when him, flip and Cleary were really good together. Sammy, I hate to say, is not that good, and Huds should have the second line spot permanantly, rotate sammy and see if he clicks with anyone. Hudler gets no time to build up chemistry with anyone.

Nice to see the Wings win in SO. Can't remember the last time we did that.

One of the unintended conscequences of the shootout is that it enables teams to play not to lose in OT, knowing that they have a better chance of winning in the SO than in OT. It just makes OT seem, pointless, to me. I see it more as a gimmick, but a necessary evil if the NHL wants to get some more fans. Unfortunately, this also has the unintended side effect of driving off some of the more older fans, the ones that have been around for years and years and years. But, the SO is small beans compared to my hatred of the Trapazoid of Suck . But I'll leave off there for some other time, I think.

huds must seriously have some kind of terrible attitude or something. babcock seems to punish him for nothing all the time. ***. sammy on the second line is ******* terrible.

I am not sure he gets punished unjustly, if he does at all. He gets bumped off the puck so easy it is hard to justify why he should get a ton of minutes if it is going to back fire. If there was like a no-hit-huds rule he would be amazing. I just think he is a bit on the small side for the NHL.

Way to go guys. What an awesome game for Cleary. Finally all of that hard work paid off for him. I think he is one of the hardest working guys on the team. Hasek was equally as good tonight. With the exception of the breakdowns on the 2nd this game was a strong outing. Good job guys! :clap:

I'm not sure Hudlergate has as much to do with Babs disliking Hudler as it got to do with him trying to squeeze something out of the other guys.

wow.. yeah it'd sucked to lose this one, even in a shootout. Good win. Some positive mojo to carry along on the roadtrip.

Edit: Cleary is always everywhere. Definitely hard working with and without the puck.

Edited by GuloGulo

good win good game.. now to california

I’m going, going back, back to cali, cali.

Hope it’s a good game on the 23rd . By good I hope your team loses. :sly:

I am going, going back, back to cali, cali.

Hope its a good game on the 23rd . By good I hope your team loses. :sly:

:angry: i wanted tickets to that game really bad but they are 2 much for me right now.. should be a great game though :ph34r:

Edited by Duck Guy

Great game all around. Z did look a bit off tonight.

The one guy I feel sorry for on this team is Hudler. Babs was putting him on with 3 different lines, rotating him in, when him, flip and Cleary were really good together. Sammy, I hate to say, is not that good, and Huds should have the second line spot permanantly, rotate sammy and see if he clicks with anyone. Hudler gets no time to build up chemistry with anyone.

Yup. I think Hudler and Fil have some great chemistry, but they never seem to be on a line together.

huds must seriously have some kind of terrible attitude or something. babcock seems to punish him for nothing all the time. ***. sammy on the second line is ******* terrible

How can a guy with the nickname Happy Hudler have an attitude problem!? I think that's probably not the case, lol.

I really liked these lines tonight. I am really happy our top line is back in tack.... they just pull magic. Filpulla and Hudler have greaet chemestry (hopefully they stay together), and yea....

Now, on paper it looks like our top line didn't do much tonight.... but they did. They created magic with their play, and just could not capitalize on it. But you must understand they havn't played with each other on the same line very much in a while... so I think they were a little 'off' tonight... I expect our top line to be FULLY FUNCTIONING within the next game or 2....

Also, another great game by Dom. He has just seemed so comftorable in net these past many weeks... just specacular performances, reminding me of why I want him to be our number 1 still.... I know many of you think Ozzie should be number 1... but now, I can safely say Dom is pretty much at his top game now... and I think he is doing better than Ozzie (no offence). I am not by any means starting a goalie debate... I just think, once again, based on another great performance by Dom,, he in my eyes is our number 1....

GREAT GAME WINGS!!!

You guys owe Z an apology. :D

I'll mail him one when he improves that SO percentage. I love the guy, but I'm a hard sell! :ranting:

On a related game note: Have the Wings won a game in OT yet this season? I think we've lost one, but I forget.

Someone made a post about "it's OT, may as well skip to the shootout" and it sounded quite right.

Wow what a game. Even though the Canucks lost in the Shootout, I still had a blast and could not complain about my seats right behind Luongo. For any of you who were there, i was the tall guy w/away Luongo jersey jumping up and hitting the glass when the nucks scored haha.

I think the Nucks players were pretty upset about losing that game because I tried getting some autographs after the game and they all pretty much ignored me or gave me a thumbs up. Didn't seem like they were in a hurry either. Ooooo well.

Great game everyone!

What the hell got into Cleary tonight? 2 goals, at least one post, and 2 or 3 other chances where Luongo just flat out robbed him. He could've had four or five tonight really easily. Great effort by the guy who's probably my 3rd favorite on the team behind Hasek and Homer.

These goalie interference calls against Holmstrom are getting dumber and dumber. It's amazing that they haven't seen on tape that he very rarely actually initiates contact with the goalie. At least it didn't cost us a goal tonight.

Nice effort out of Hasek. He made a few big stops out of the gate, then the defense took over and shut em down for a good long while (it's really not fair how good our team defense is sometimes), made some stops in the third, and he made 3 nice saves in the shootout.

It wasn't the best effort of the season by any means, but they definitely showed signs of snapping out of the problems of the last few games.

And Roberto Luongo is fricken insane. That guy is unbelievable. I still can't believe the Canucks got him for as little as they gave up. What an awful trade by Florida. I can't believe they couldn't get a better package than that.

And Roberto Luongo is fricken insane. That guy is unbelievable. I still can't believe the Canucks got him for as little as they gave up. What an awful trade by Florida. I can't believe they couldn't get a better package than that.

:thumbup: True robbery. Now if we could only find some scoring help we would be set! Oh, and some better treatments cuz all these injuries are just getting out of hand.

:thumbup: True robbery. Now if we could only find some scoring help we would be set! Oh, and some better treatments cuz all these injuries are just getting out of hand.

It's kind of weird that when you guys had scoring, you couldn't find a goalie. Now it's completely the opposite problem.

I hope Morrison comes back strong for you guys. He's one of my all-time favorite Wolverines.

These goalie interference calls against Holmstrom are getting dumber and dumber. It's amazing that they haven't seen on tape that he very rarely actually initiates contact with the goalie. At least it didn't cost us a goal tonight.

You'd think someone would get that tape to Toronto, but it's Toronto and all...

On a bit of a sidenote: It's always a great to hear, "I can clearly now the rain is gone!" once in a game, but its a real treat to hear it twice. You can tell how bad Cleary wanted the Hattie. He was firing at Luongo like crazy after he buried his second goal.

huds must seriously have some kind of terrible attitude or something. babcock seems to punish him for nothing all the time. ***. sammy on the second line is ******* terrible.

Hudler has been Babcock's little ***** from the moment the 2 came together. He has always been loathe to give him ice-time, constantly criticises his defensive play - or when he is playing well defensively, rags on about he needs to keep playing well defensively. And when he's putting up points (which is most of the time) Babcock goes on about how he needs to keep putting up points. He was a healthy scratch almost the entire playoffs, even when Calder's ice time could be measured in seconds........

Compare this to how he kisses everyone else's ass, especially the "elite, elite player" that is Mikael Samualsson <_<

Lots of coaches in lots of sports like to have a scapegoat on their team. Seems pretty obvious to me that poor little Jiri is Babcock's.