• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

puckloo39

1/17 GDT: Red Wings 3, Canucks 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

7:30PM ET

TV: RWS, FSD

Canucks look "Winglike" in prep for tonight's game

Supposedly, the Nuckies are a little worried that the Wings will be "ornery" tonight, having lost a couple of games. Let's hope so!!

;)

edit: please merge, if someone has time to make a real GDT, thanks!!!

Edited by puckloo39

7:30PM ET

TV: RWS, FSD

Canucks look "Winglike" in prep for tonight's game

Supposedly, the Nuckies are a little worried that the Wings will be "ornery" tonight, having lost a couple of games. Let's hope so!!

;)

edit: please merge, if someone has time to make a real GDT, thanks!!!

Well the Canucks are expecting a tough game, but not really a physically tough Wings team. That's why they sent Mike Brown and Rick Rypien down to Manitoba in favour of speedster Mason Raymond.

This has the makings of a very good game. Both teams have lost 3 of their last 4 and will want to get back on track in a big way. Could be a classic.

On the injury side, Canucks are without Morrison, Ohlund and Bieksa, and if Salo and Mitchell even play, they're playing injured. That's potentially the top big 4 of the Canucks D totally out of the game.

Edited by One of the Few

wing win 3-2

zata, homer, huds

naslund, Pyatt

I predict we wont play the 1st period very good, but then come out shooting in the 2nd and 3rd.

GO wings!!

Defenseman Derek Meech is on the ice this morning for the Red Wings' skate, meaning that his conditioning stint in Grand Rapids is over.

No Dallas Drake (swollen knee), as expected, so tonight's lines should be ...

Filppula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Zetterberg-Samuelsson

Cleary-Drpaer-Maltby

Hudler-Kopecky-Downey

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Lilja

Lebda-Chelios

Hasek (starts)

Osgood

Ellis (healthy scratch)

Meech (healthy scratch)

I move that we rename the thread

"Wings vs. Canucks 2/17: There's a second half to the season!?"

smartie... perhaps a kind mod will take pity and fix the date. That's what I get for trying, when I am the only one here at work today in my group... <_< Everyone else has the flu

:blink:

Defenseman Derek Meech is on the ice this morning for the Red Wings' skate, meaning that his conditioning stint in Grand Rapids is over.

No Dallas Drake (swollen knee), as expected, so tonight's lines should be ...

Filppula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Zetterberg-Samuelsson

Cleary-Drpaer-Maltby

Hudler-Kopecky-Downey

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Lilja

Lebda-Chelios

Hasek (starts)

Osgood

Ellis (healthy scratch)

Meech (healthy scratch)

I really dislike that second line. I don't understand why Hudler constantly gets the shaft. What has Franzen done to earn that position? I won't even get into Sammy...

Oh well, hopefully the Wings act like they want to play tonight. It's time to get back on track.

Dont get me wrong, I want the Wing's to win every night but living in Canuck's country there are 4 times a year when I want the Wing's to win really bad so I don't have to listen to Canucks fans plan their Stanley cup parade route. Wing's do me a favor and snap out of this slump (funny what we call a slump around here) and put the hurt on the Canook's tonight!!

Wing's 4 (Lids x2 PP, Draper, Huddles)

Nuck's 1 (Nazzy)

Go wings! Being in BC and having Canucks fans all around me makes this game huge! I hoping for a Red Wings domination. Canucks score, I slam a beer. Redwings score, all my friends slam a beer. So let's hope for a Red Wings win with many goals and many drunk friends!

GO WINGS GO!

I really dislike that second line. I don't understand why Hudler constantly gets the shaft. What has Franzen done to earn that position? I won't even get into Sammy...

Oh well, hopefully the Wings act like they want to play tonight. It's time to get back on track.

My gueese is that Babs is trying to change things up a little bit, to get a sence of urgency in the team, Sure this loosing streak isnt a big one, but it could easily become one, So babs is trying to nip it in the bud.. My gueese.

or

Reason for Franzen and Sammy being in the 2nd line, Maybe the Atlanta,Hossa trade is feasible, And atlanta is interested in Franz/Sammy to be apart of the deal, And Detroit either wants to try and boost there value, Or Atlanta wanted to see how Franz/Sammy re-act to big minutes.

Other then those 2 reasons, I cant think of a reasonable explanation for hudler to be on the 4th line..

Dont get me wrong, I want the Wing's to win every night but living in Canuck's country there are 4 times a year when I want the Wing's to win really bad so I don't have to listen to Canucks fans plan their Stanley cup parade route. Wing's do me a favor and snap out of this slump (funny what we call a slump around here) and put the hurt on the Canook's tonight!!

Wing's 4 (Lids x2 PP, Draper, Huddles)

Nuck's 1 (Nazzy)

QFT

It's sad when 1 point in 3 games is considered a *major* slump for any team, but when you obtain something like 36 points in 22 games leading up to the current "skid" people use it to panic because they're just not used to it.

A little adversity is good,but I think we've had enough lessons.

Come on Wings,time to come out firing!

Show them (and us) that you're back on track and there's not a hungrier team in the NHL.

:nhl_crach::siren:

Edited by FinRedWing

Okay, should I actually watch this one tonight? I've regretted the last few games... :lol:

you had better be here. I have a nice pinot grigio chilling. :cool:

I say our Red Wings come out firing on all cylinders, and make the Nucks wish they'd stayed home. No predictions from me (I am bad at that lately), except that our guys get more goals than their guys.

PS: love your avatar!

Edited by puckloo39

Oh god i pray that we finally sanp this damn losing streak.

My guess, well i'm not going to take a guess on this one. Every time i do it doesn't go our way.

Here is to a great game and hopefully a decent fight during the game.

Kinda felt like the wings were on the verge of sliding while watching the Avs game. Unfortunately, I don't feel like they are quite ready to turn the corner yet. Both teams tighten up and focus on defense tonight with Vancouver pulling out a 3-2 W (I blame the refs :P) . Wings will come back the next game and win the first of a nice little winning streak.

Now, having said that, I'm going to HOPE the wings prove me wrong and blow them out tonight.