• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mickeyisms Rule!

Sidney Crosby injures ankle

Rate this topic

Well, I'll say this right now, it could have been avoided. He knew he was going crashing into the boards, but what he did (subconciously I guess) was kept his eyes on the play while crashing into the boards instead of adjusting himself so that he could have landed back or ass first into the boards... He had a good 3 seconds to regain himself.

BUT... When your in the game and the speed that comes with it, you're going to, again, subconciously keep your eye on the play and see what's progressing. All I'm saying is it could have been avoided, and it really does suck to be honest. My heart just wants Crosby to win all the trophies again, aside from any of our boys, but I want Crosby to Gretzky it up a bit, and I have don't really know why, but this will prevent him in doing so.

Sucks... But time for Malkin to shine. He's sick too.

I don't dislike Crosby, theres not much to dislike that I have seen/heard. He is a good ambassador for the game and we always need someone to bring some positive attention (or hell , ANY attention at all) to the sport. I just wish he was referred to as "ONE OF" the future faces of hockey instead of "THE" all the time.

And I agree with whomever said that Ovechkin is more fun!!

too bad to see a young star like crosby get hurt but it happens. But personally i like Ovechkin WAY better then Sid. Don't like how Ovechkin gets lost in all the press about Sid.

too bad to see a young star like crosby get hurt but it happens. But personally i like Ovechkin WAY better then Sid. Don't like how Ovechkin gets lost in all the press about Sid.

I think AO should be the face of the NHL, he has so much more charisma than Crosby.

I think AO should be the face of the NHL, he has so much more charisma than Crosby.

I think the league would be too reluctant to put him ahead of Crosby, since he's not North American, and since his English isn't all that great. He does have more charisma, but the league is set on Crosby being their top dog, and there's nothing wrong with that. Besides, Ovechkin plays in a town where no one seems to give a s*** about hockey, so that doesn't help his chances if in his own town the columnists don't cover him that much.

I think the league would be too reluctant to put him ahead of Crosby, since he's not North American, and since his English isn't all that great. He does have more charisma, but the league is set on Crosby being their top dog, and there's nothing wrong with that. Besides, Ovechkin plays in a town where no one seems to give a s*** about hockey, so that doesn't help his chances if in his own town the columnists don't cover him that much.

Are you forgetting that the Pens were on the verge of relocation?

If the Caps were doing better, they would have more fans. If the Pens were in the cellar, they wouldn't be selling out games.

But I agree, the only reason AO isn't the NHL's media ***** is because he doesn't speak very good English. I do disagree that is has much to do with him not being North American. Look at what the NHL did with Fedorov and Sundin during the Nike campaign.

I like sid, he's the best player in the game and is great for the game itself. This is going to hurt the Pens I think and it's going to hurt the all star game, even though it's a meanigless game. It's too bad cuz the Pens are playing great hockey right now. As well it really hurts my hockey pool too and im sure everyone else

I'm not gunna lie to you guys. I laughed when it happened. My buddy worships Crosby. The look on his face when Crosby was helped off the ice was priceless. I'm pretty sure he is going to use a sick day at work tomorrow so he can pray to Sid in hopes of somehow expediting the healing process.

Call it what you want to call it, but I'm glad he got injured. I'm so sick of hearing about how wonder Crosby takes a s***, and that no one on earth could possibly do it better. This proves he is human.

Your idiotic posts continue to amaze me. Its retarded to dislike Crosby because the NHL successfully markets his name. If you don't like the way he plays - fine, but why have so much hate for a player because of the way he is marketed? Crosby has done wonders for the NHL in the past 3 years. Cheers against him because you don't like the Penguins, or you think he is a bad player - not because you have some kind of angst against him because you think other players deserve the same amount of hype. Get over it - your going to have to piss and moan about the same things for the next 20 years, cause Crosby isn't going anywhere. The NHL will gladly trade the amount of fans tired of hearing Sid's name for the thousands of viewers he brings in every time he plays. Look, all we hear about in Canada is the Toronto Maple Leafs, and how badly they suck, as if its news every time they lose a game. Who cares? Just ignore it.

Wanting to see a player get injured because you are sick of hearing is name is childish. And if you are a Wings fan, what difference does it make?

HIs english might not be all together... but he can sure kick the crap out of the vending machines... which is something all of us North American want to do almost every day :)

GO AO!

I really do not understand why some people on hear dislike Crosby.

It's one thing to be a little tired of hearing about him all the time, but cheering that he got injured (or if anybody gets injured, I don't care who it is or if it is a rival player or somebody we collectively hate) is low. It's not funny or amusing, and yes I have a sense of humor and am as big of a smart allec as can be at times.

And you cannot tell me that some of you don't want hockey and the NHL to be more popular overall and pick up a larger fan base. Sidney Crosby, for better or worse, is THE MAIN FACE of the NHL and is the one of the NHL's best marketing ploy's. Guess what? Him getting injured puts a temporary dent in those plans.

You can't have it both ways with not hearing/seeing Crosby play for a while and wanting the NHL to grow (without him).

Your idiotic posts continue to amaze me. Its retarded to dislike Crosby because the NHL successfully markets his name. If you don't like the way he plays - fine, but why have so much hate for a player because of the way he is marketed? Crosby has done wonders for the NHL in the past 3 years. Cheers against him because you don't like the Penguins, or you think he is a bad player - not because you have some kind of angst against him because you think other players deserve the same amount of hype. Get over it - your going to have to piss and moan about the same things for the next 20 years, cause Crosby isn't going anywhere. The NHL will gladly trade the amount of fans tired of hearing Sid's name for the thousands of viewers he brings in every time he plays. Look, all we hear about in Canada is the Toronto Maple Leafs, and how badly they suck, as if its news every time they lose a game. Who cares? Just ignore it.

Wanting to see a player get injured because you are sick of hearing is name is childish. And if you are a Wings fan, what difference does it make?

Show me once where I said I wanted to see him get injured. You can't because I didn't. Don't put words in my mouth. If you want to call me out for something I did, fine, just make sure you are accurate when you do it.

If you don't like my posts, don't read them. This is a public forum, everything I've said is well within all the guidelines. Get over yourself.

Edited by imisssergei

Although some people laugh when players get injured, most do not feel that way.

Like him or not, he brings in ratings and revenue for the league. The Pens have sold out every arena they have went to the last two years with the exception of the Florida Panthers arena two weeks ago or so. But it's the Panthers.

Ovechkin does have more charisma than Crosby, he has more charisma and personality than most players. I do feel for the guy because the Caps can't seem to get a sellout unless the Pens are in town and the Caps do not sell out other teams arenes when on the road.

The Winter Classic on Jan 1st brought the highest ratings for a hockey game on that channel in over 10 years (they say). Is it because of Crosby? More than likely.

People complained few years back the NHL doesn't market players like the NBA does and that the league was in trouble when Gretzky and Lemieux retired. Now they have a face for the sport and people complain about that. Should they market more players. Probably. One is better than none I suppose.

So some are happy the best player in the game is injured and may not be back for one, two or more months but it will take some of the excitment out. People were looking forward to a nice Art Ross Trophy battle between Sid, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk, and Iginla. Zetterberg is back in the race too.

So those that hate hearing about him now, will still hear about him at the end of the year when they present Lecavalier or whoever with the Art Ross and the question will be asked by many, would he have won it, if not for Sid being injured? We'll never know. Sid finally was playing his game scoring 18pts in the last 10 full games played before the injury. It is a shame the injury happened, he was on his way of setting most 100 point seasons in a row, most 100 point seasons from start of career. He still can, but he probably couldn't miss more than 10 games, which is very unlikely. They are estimating 17 or more games he'll be gone.

By the way, the problems with Penguins moving was never about attendence. They never had horrible attendence. Their attendence was average amoung bottom feeder teams. Those years they were horrible, they still had higher attendences than teams like Nashville and Washington, for example. Their problem was/is with the design of the arena and not enough corporate boxes. A common misconception is that teams get almost all of their money from fans paying in. They actually get tons of money from corporate boxes. The Pens have very few in the Mellon Arena, fewer than any NHL team. Teams sell their corporate boxes for millions of dollars a year. The Pens do not really have this luxary. If you see the plans of the new Pens arena, it has tons of them, right up their with the top teams.

By the way, the problems with Penguins moving was never about attendence. They never had horrible attendence. Their attendence was average amoung bottom feeder teams. Those years they were horrible, they still had higher attendences than teams like Nashville and Washington, for example. Their problem was/is with the design of the arena and not enough corporate boxes. A common misconception is that teams get almost all of their money from fans paying in. They actually get tons of money from corporate boxes. The Pens have very few in the Mellon Arena, fewer than any NHL team. Teams sell their corporate boxes for millions of dollars a year. The Pens do not really have this luxary. If you see the plans of the new Pens arena, it has tons of them, right up their with the top teams.

That's laughable. The Pens attendance was still less than league average. Adding a few luxury boxing wouldn't have saved the Pens. It took an owner who wanted to keep the team in Pittsburgh.

Show me once where I said I wanted to see him get injured. You can't because I didn't. Don't put words in my mouth. If you want to call me out for something I did, fine, just make sure you are accurate when you do it.

If you don't like my posts, don't read them. This is a public forum, everything I've said is well within all the guidelines. Get over yourself.

So you are saying you laughed when he was injured, why? Do you laugh when you are not happy about something? Laughing or claiming you enjoyed seeing him hurt himself, or thinking it was funny would indicate to me that you would want him to get injured, or you enjoy seeing it again.

And 'Get over yourself'?? What does that even mean in this context? People always seem to use that as some kind of final burn. I was claiming when looking at the big picture, your reaction to Crosby's injury was silly and immature, and to get over your hatred of him - not that I am personally a better human being than you.

Like I said in my original post - Wanting to see a player get injured because you are sick of hearing is name is childish. And if you are a Wings fan, what difference does it make?

The fact that this thread is so huge on a Wings board is a testament to Crosby's popularity - positive or negative.

So you are saying you laughed when he was injured, why? Do you laugh when you are not happy about something? Laughing or claiming you enjoyed seeing him hurt himself, or thinking it was funny would indicate to me that you would want him to get injured, or you enjoy seeing it again.

And 'Get over yourself'?? What does that even mean in this context? People always seem to use that as some kind of final burn. I was claiming when looking at the big picture, your reaction to Crosby's injury was silly and immature, and to get over your hatred of him - not that I am personally a better human being than you.

Like I said in my original post - Wanting to see a player get injured because you are sick of hearing is name is childish. And if you are a Wings fan, what difference does it make?

The fact that this thread is so huge on a Wings board is a testament to Crosby's popularity - positive or negative.

Yes, I laughed when it happened. That doesn't indicate that I was hoping for it to happen. All it indicates is that I found it funny.

Get over yourself exactly that, get over yourself. You didn't like what I had to say. You thought your opinion was better than mine. So, get over yourself.

Again, I never said I wanted to see him injured, merely that I was glad it happened. I never said anything about Crosby's popularity, so what's your point?

Well of course it was less than league average. That's why I said it was average with bottom feeder teams.

Everybody knows when a team is doing well they tend to have more fans going and more sell outs. When a team doesn't do so well they don't have as many fans.

So for a team not doing well, the Penguins attendence was never questioned. A team that was not playing well at all, a team without Mario or Jagr. A team that also saw Kovalev and Lang leave. A team where the top point getter was Dick Tarmstrom. A team without a star. If the only concern was to bring their average of 13,000 or so back up to just under 17,000 (arena seats just under 17K) than the answer would be just to get another star player. In fact, the whole idea of Mario and the owners trying to get the city to build the Pens a new arena because their fan attendence dropped is laughable. That Mario thinks, 'Well, all we need is a new arena and the fans will come. They don't care about star power. They want better parking, newer bathrooms, black seats instead of red ones, maybe drink holders too...'

I guess another way to show this is the Pens were asking for a new arena in the 90s, when their attendence was amoung the best in the leauge. The Penguins said back then, without a arena with lots of corporate boxes, they are losing out on millions of dollars that other teams bring in. That's why the whole idea of relocating came from. Not from lack of fan support, but lack of a arena that can bring in true revenue. So before the salary cap, the Pens couldn't afford to pay players like Jagr for very long because even with sellouts and merchandise, they still were losing money. That's why they owed Mario 29 million dollars. They didn't really have it. That's why the NHLPA was upset with Mario, he made good money but they wanted him to ask for even more so other players could ask for more (bring up league average). He knew the Penguins couldn't pay it. (If only Jagr didn't have to play for 10.5 million).

Anyways, there was never talk of Chicago in bad shape and relocating because their attendence was bad the last few years. It's because they have been a horrible team. Now they are better and their attendence has gone up. Plus they still made money from corporate boxes. All teams do.

Like I said, the Pens problem was the millions of dollars they are NOT getting from corporate sold boxes.

A real problem is when a team is doing well and the attendence is still bad. I don't mean Detroit, but Nashville is the best example. Close to the bottom, yet last few years one of the best teams in the standings.

Yes, I laughed when it happened. That doesn't indicate that I was hoping for it to happen. All it indicates is that I found it funny.

Get over yourself exactly that, get over yourself. You didn't like what I had to say. You thought your opinion was better than mine. So, get over yourself.

Again, I never said I wanted to see him injured, merely that I was glad it happened. I never said anything about Crosby's popularity, so what's your point?

So then you think you opinion is better then mine? Therefore I can tell YOU to get over YOUrself?

Why don't we all just tell each other to: 'Get over yourself!' when we have differing opinions, because usually something thinks their opinion is better then someone else's.

ARE YOU EVEN READING MY POSTS? my point has been stated TWICE in exactly the same words, but I will copy and paste it for your benefit. Then maybe we can put this argument to bed.

Wanting to see a player get injured because you are sick of hearing his name is childish. but to your credit - I should have said

Being happy after seeing a player get injured because you are sick of hearing his name is childish...not all that different IMO.

So then you think you opinion is better then mine? Therefore I can tell YOU to get over YOUrself?

Why don't we all just tell each other to: 'Get over yourself!' when we have differing opinions, because usually something thinks their opinion is better then someone else's.

ARE YOU EVEN READING MY POSTS? my point has been stated TWICE in exactly the same words, but I will copy and paste it for your benefit. Then maybe we can put this argument to bed.

Wanting to see a player get injured because you are sick of hearing his name is childish. but to your credit - I should have said

Being happy after seeing a player get injured because you are sick of hearing his name is childish...not all that different IMO.

How does anything that I've said imply that I think my opinions are better than yours? You are the one who picked me out of the crowd, not the other way around.

Had Crosby been seriously injured, say like Patrice Bergeron, I wouldn't be happy. But Crosby will be fine, he'll just miss a few games.

How does anything that I've said imply that I think my opinions are better than yours? You are the one who picked me out of the crowd, not the other way around.

Had Crosby been seriously injured, say like Patrice Bergeron, I wouldn't be happy. But Crosby will be fine, he'll just miss a few games.

I picked you out of the crowd because you actually admitted to laughing when Crosby hurt himself, something I find odd and slightly disturbing.

I too am glad that Crosby will not be playing for awhile, but being happy that someone is injured is just.....I dont know Ducks like ie unclassy

UNLESS it is someone like Claude Lemieux

Guest LivingtheDream

I think it is unfortunate that he is injured. I happen to like seeing him play along with a lot of players (gasp!) not on the Wings. However, with him out and an almost sure no show for the all star game, maybe, just maybe the NHL and Bettman will realize that marketing an entire league on one player is not a smart strategy. Don't get me wrong, Sid has been tireless off the ice in helping to promote the NHL, but I say it is asking too much from anyone. Hockey has a lot more going for it than one guy.

I find it funny so many are whining more than the kid on the ice. Dude got hurt, i mean really it's not career ending or anything, so i don't understand why so many are messing themselves over it. Who cares who doesn't like him and for what reason? It's not like the guy played over 10 years with the Wings and won a few cups and is near the top in some overall team records is it? hahahahah The soapbox treatment is so funny sometimes. It's fine to "piss and moan" and tear other players down when the herd is all going along with it, but oh boy, look out when someone picks on precious crosby. It's also funny that your demanded to state either your love and pledge of allegence to Crosby, or give a list of reasons how you can possibly not like him, only excepted when they are deemed valid by a panel of Siddy's supporters. As for me, nah don't really care one way or the other, but I sure don't think he's far and away the best in the world or the leauge for that matter and i sure as hell don't think that one player alone is going to make the leauge rise from the ashes and make it an instant success in backwoods arkansas either. Seriously I mean where does this guy get his cape cleaned? Get over it, no Sids not above injury and not everyone in the world must covet him like some do.

No toby91?!? He's where i look to on here for all things Crosby.

Edited by bringback91