• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Grittzkey

Mr. Lebda

Rate this topic

Im neither here or there on him. Sometimes i see him play and he wows me a lil bit, then other times i say to myself wdf were you thinking. He is sound defensively for the most part, you cant complain about that. But what i'am complaining about is that when he rushes the puck, He tends to do the same thing we all dislike about sammy, and thats taking weak low percentage shots.

I know there are alot of folks who like Lebda alot. But im just curious on what you like about him and what you dont like about him.

This isnt meant to be a PMFGZ0RZ SKR3W LEBDA, Its just for discussion purpose only.

Im neither here or there on him. Sometimes i see him play and he wows me a lil bit, then other times i say to myself wdf were you thinking. He is sound defensively for the most part, you cant complain about that. But what i'am complaining about is that when he rushes the puck, He tends to do the same thing we all dislike about sammy, and thats taking weak low percentage shots.

I know there are alot of folks who like Lebda alot. But im just curious on what you like about him and what you dont like about him.

This isnt meant to be a PMFGZ0RZ SKR3W LEBDA, Its just for discussion purpose only.

I'm with you on Lebda Grittz...I think the thing that makes Lebda an asset is his incredible speed. I don't really expect him so score but he does a great job of carrying the puck for us and if he does make a mistake and pinch he can usually cover it because of his speed.

I would think and hope Lebda would have enough offensive skill as a d-man to consistently flirt with around 5 - 10 goals and 30 - 35 points a season, but honestly I think it's still too early to accurately predict how he'll perform in the NHL long-term and if my guesses are unrealistic or not.

So, I think the verdict is still out on him to a degree on that mode of thinking, but without question his speed is his #1 asset in terms of backchecking and preventing odd-man rushes and such. I think he commits some brainfart turnovers a bit more to my liking, but again his speed makes up for it and it's not like he's doing much to cost the Wings games.

Overall I'm indifferent on him. I see, or at least I think I do, his value to the Wings asa a 4th - 6th d-man right now, but it wouldn't crush me if the two parted ways at some point in the future as I don't know if he'll be any more than that on the Wings.

EDIT: Nevertheless, he basically came out of nowhere to make the Wings a few seasons ago when it was expected he'd just be another tryout/preseason player and nothing more, so take that into consideration with your expectations on him.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I don't like him because he's a waste of space. The Sharks were blowing by him yesterday, which hasn't been unusual this season, he makes just as many -- if not more -- boneheaded moves as Lilja and Sami, and has no "up" side if you ask me. He played much better last year but this year strikes me as rather disinterested. It's like he doesn't think he needs to fight to stay in the line-up anymore.

Yes, he has speed, when he wants to use it, which hasn't been very often lately, and he is a defensive liability this season, for whatever reason. I don't know what's changed with him, but he's just not the same Lebda.

I'd shed no tears if either he or Sami were traded, that's for sure.

Just how many 6th defensemen in the league do you know of that racks up between 30-35 points? He's not on the powerplay, which is the defenseman moneymaker. He must be playing about 10 minutes a night, he does not cost us games, and he is paid-what?- minimum wage? What a great acquisition by Detroit (he went undrafted).

EDIT: Sammy is a whole different story. He is the very definition of ineffective- the one thing he does is gets over the blueline. His impotency is even more pronounced lately than usual.

Edited by Earthhuman

Lebda is useless. I don't know how people can call him a "great signing" because he doesn't do anything. He's basically a smaller, less versatile version of Dandenault: he can skate, and that's about it.

The Wings have enough defenseman like Lebda. Almost every defenseman on the Wings roster is offensive minded, besides Lilja. Lebda isn't even a good offensive defenseman in that regard, because he doesn't put up any points.

Every player should have a role on the team, and I seriously can't think of what his role is. He doesn't score points, he's not physical, and he's not overly great defensivily either. No, he doesn't screw up as often as Lilja does, but he still isn't that great.

I know I'll probably get blasted for those comments, but that's my opinion of him.

Lebda is useless. I don't know how people can call him a "great signing" because he doesn't do anything. He's basically a smaller, less versatile version of Dandenault: he can skate, and that's about it.

The Wings have enough defenseman like Lebda. Almost every defenseman on the Wings roster is offensive minded, besides Lilja. Lebda isn't even a good offensive defenseman in that regard, because he doesn't put up any points.

Every player should have a role on the team, and I seriously can't think of what his role is. He doesn't score points, he's not physical, and he's not overly great defensivily either. No, he doesn't screw up as often as Lilja does, but he still isn't that great.

I know I'll probably get blasted for those comments, but that's my opinion of him.

Well said. I pretty much agree with all of your points.

For as much flack as Lilja takes, he is without a doubt more valuable than Lebda is to the Red Wings.

Edited by GoWings1905

Damn we are desperate for someone to pick on. We are 25 games over 500 and it's time to pick on our 6th d man. Lebda has not been as good the last 10 games or so but for a 6th d man he get's the job done. Is this day and age of the NHL speed kills and he has it and for that reason alone he won't be going anywhere. This kid has some learning to do but he comes cheap, he's young and he's fast. Find me a number 6 d man is this league who is comparable and cheap and we can discuss it but if anyone say's Andy "the human pilon" Sutton I will puke in my mouth!!

Find me a number 6 d man is this league who is comparable and cheap and we can discuss it but if anyone say's Andy "the human pilon" Sutton I will puke in my mouth!!

Why not Kyle Quincey? He's bigger, more physical, and plays an all around better game than Lebda does. He hasn't looked all that great in GR this year, but neither has anyone else. Last year, he really came into his own down in the minors, which is why he earned a callup during the playoffs.

I don't have anything against Lebda, but I don't see him ever becoming that much better than he is now. He doesn't have a great shot from the point, and he's never going to get bigger or more physical. He's just a fast guy who happens to play defense. That's it. It might not matter now since he doesn't have that much responsibility, but when Lidstrom is gone, more will be asked out of Lebda, and I don't think he can deliver.

Why not Kyle Quincey? He's bigger, more physical, and plays an all around better game than Lebda does. He hasn't looked all that great in GR this year, but neither has anyone else. Last year, he really came into his own down in the minors, which is why he earned a callup during the playoffs.

He earned an early call up in the playoffs because we had injuries and teams can expand their roster in the playoffs. I'm all for trying out new guys but Lebda has valuable NHL experience, something that Quincey does not have. He will get his shot but he isn't close to ready yet!!

He earned an early call up in the playoffs because we had injuries and teams can expand their roster in the playoffs. I'm all for trying out new guys but Lebda has valuable NHL experience, something that Quincey does not have. He will get his shot but he isn't close to ready yet!!

Yeah, injuries were a part of it, but there were guys who had more points than him in GR that didn't get the callup. He musth have done something to impress.

Besides: since when does NHL expierence really matter? Andy Delmore and Jason Woolley both had more NHL expierence than Lebda, yet Lebda beat both of those guys out. That stat is pretty obscured, since not every NHL player is better than any minor league player. There are plenty of guys in the minors that are better than Samuelsson, but you don't see any of them up here.

I don't think the Wings will get rid of him, but it would sure make my day if he did. Lebda, as stated, is useless in my opinion.

Man O Man, I would of never though that people thought that way about lebda.

Does Lebda have a 2-way contract, where we could see if Quincey or Ericcson could possibly fill the role better, Not because i dont like Lebda, But just because Lebda isnt wowing anyone with anything other than his feet.

Besides: since when does NHL expierence really matter? Andy Delmore and Jason Woolley both had more NHL expierence than Lebda, yet Lebda beat both of those guys out.

I don't think the Wings will get rid of him, but it would sure make my day if he did. Lebda, as stated, is useless in my opinion.

There is a big difference, Lebda beat Delmore and Wooley out of a roster spot because of the simple fact he was a better player than both of them. Delmore is a one dimensional player that had everything he touched go in the net for a year and Wooley was a servicable guy but his time was up. There is no one in Grand Rapids that is better than Lebda right now...end of story.