• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FedorovGurl

Things I have learned from watching the NHL Network

Rate this topic

The desk the analysts sit at looks like something left over from the Starship Enterprise.

You don't HAVE to sport a crew-cut to sit at the above mentioned weird desk, but it couldn't hurt.

No matter how bad the Blackhawks play, there will always be a positive spin put on them.

No matter how good the Leafs play, there will always be a negative spin put on them.

Any sentence starting with "what else can possibly be said about _____" will go on and on and on.

Chris Drury and/or Jaromir Jagr and/or Scott Gomez are always a "disappointment who needs to step up".

But Crosby always "puts on a clinic".

And the most important thing I have learned from way too many hours of NHL Network? Darryl Sittler ate chicken and fries before his record setting game.

(and don't you dare suggest I quit watching... I am admitting I am an addict and powerless over the lure of that shiny silver desk)

The same commercials every break and the Darryl Sittler montacelli (or whatever he says) chicken and fries thing does get old, but overall the channel is pretty good.

i get sick of watching the same commercials. i can not stand the record setting game one is the worse of all. The first i saw it it was ok but they play that about 69,000 times a day. and then u have ur stanley cup game 7 dvds. But i still love it.

Edited by Duck Guy

I have learned that when they show highlights twice within the hour they say the EXACT same things during the second highlights but its NOT a replay. This is especially disturbing when they have to laugh at the same corny joke twice.

The desk the analysts sit at looks like something left over from the Starship Enterprise.

You don't HAVE to sport a crew-cut to sit at the above mentioned weird desk, but it couldn't hurt.

No matter how bad the Blackhawks play, there will always be a positive spin put on them.

No matter how good the Leafs play, there will always be a negative spin put on them.

Any sentence starting with "what else can possibly be said about _____" will go on and on and on.

Chris Drury and/or Jaromir Jagr and/or Scott Gomez are always a "disappointment who needs to step up".

But Crosby always "puts on a clinic".

And the most important thing I have learned from way too many hours of NHL Network? Darryl Sittler ate chicken and fries before his record setting game.

(and don't you dare suggest I quit watching... I am admitting I am an addict and powerless over the lure of that shiny silver desk)

Yes! I got so sick of that being on every commercial.

And I still can't get "A great day...of Hockey!" out of my head.

I haven't even watched NHL Network since I was home for Christmas.