• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DenJ91

Fedorov back on the wings?

Rate this topic

I can't stand Sergei Fedorov.

That said, he could provide depth at both forward and defense positions, and that alone makes him worth trading a 6th round pick for.

As far as I know after the concussion a few weeks ago Fedorov tried skating and felt very nauseas both times. Even after the all-star break he remains on IR. This could be a quiet end to an amazing career.

he's skating today and might play tomorrow so he'll be fine, it's not the end of his career. there's also talk about him going to ottawa or pittsburg.

i'm so disspointed with some of my fellow wings fans on here for bashing fedorov like he's never done anything for detroit. he's a red wing legend like it or not. sorry he left, forgive the guy, he was a main part in why the wings won 3 cups.

I can't believe that I'm actually replying to this thread, but here goes *SIGH*

I think that Fedorov would make a great addition to the second powerplay line quarterbacking the blue line. He is good defensively and still is. His passing is impeccible, but unless we gave the bluejackets a bunch of used towels, he isn't worth giving up anything more. His attitude sucks, his heart is lacking and he is selfish. I don't think that Detroit is good for him (or us) any more. He was great in his hey day, too bad it came with drama.

26 more days and then YesSergei=YesCup ... Our quest to once again achieve the holy grail (a quest that included a revolving door of goalies whic were guaranteed to be the one!!) will come to an end as the Curse of Sergei will be lifted.

Welcome back to detroit Feds!

Edited by OsGOD

Sergei used to be my favorite player, and I still like him and would love to see him back. But definitely not for Hudler or any equivalent piece of our future. But Samuellson? sure. (I don't know if that is possible, and it is doubtful that he would even be traded for samuellson). I don't hate samuellson, but he is the only player on the wings that I wouldn't mind seeing getting traded for Federov. That of course is assuming that Feds would play with passion. If not, then he's not even worth Samuellson.

apparently not enough of you watch bluejackets games. get center ice! if you saw the way he plays, he's got passion, he wants to win with the jackets. he's not worried about scoring 30 goals anymore. he's further back in the defensive zone than the fr*ggin' dmen! see the look on his face when his teammate scores and say he isn't passionate. he skates his ass of for 30 seconds and gets off, he takes the shortest shifts ever, in fact in makes me mad but he's a team player and at least saves his energy well. i could see the jackets trading him for samuelsson and i'd love that. a move to a cup contender would spark fedorov and i would expect his offensive numbers go up without a doubt.

Time moves on and things change. It's called Zetterberg and Datsyuk! Where in the world would Fedorov even fit in??? He was lazy when he was here and would completely disapear at times! Especially the times when we needed him most when Yzerman was out with an injury. Fedorov can continue to wear his leather pants and drive his fancy cars in Columbus because i see no reason in bringing him back. What has he done since he has left?

Our team is filled with hard workers and pure skill! Why would we want to mess that up with bringing this flash in a pan back?

Time moves on and things change. It's called Zetterberg and Datsyuk! Where in the world would Fedorov even fit in??? He was lazy when he was here and would completely disapear at times! Especially the times when we needed him most when Yzerman was out with an injury. Fedorov can continue to wear his leather pants and drive his fancy cars in Columbus because i see no reason in bringing him back. What has he done since he has left?

Our team is filled with hard workers and pure skill! Why would we want to mess that up with bringing this flash in a pan back?

just sounds like your bitter, that's all. if anything when yzerman was out, fedorov thrived we all know that. lazy huh, go to the fourth game when the ducks swept the wings, who scored the final goal on an end to end rush when the wings were loosing the game........fedorov. i agree sometimes it seems he doesn't play his best but to say he was lazy, it's just not fair. anyone who hasn't made the playoffs in 3 seasons especially after making 13 straight wants to win and would put in just as much hard work as the next guy. he would do very well back on the wings, go out on a good note and detroit fans would respect him again. hell i never stopped.

players change teams so often these days for a number of reasons, why give one player like fedorov such a hard time. don't answer that, i'll just assume some of you are upset not to have had him always a red wings. believe me i'm disappointed too.

sergei is lazy... in an era gone past he'd only bother to pick things up when matched up against rival russians like Pavel Bure or a Alexei Yashin. for a guy of this immense talent, it sucked not to see Fedorov go full throttle all the time. he seemed to do just enough to lead our team in points but no much more.

Who knows... maybe Datsyuk can revive Sergei's thunder? We'll have to wait and see. hopefully Sergei can be signed as a UFA this summer. One guy I'd rather see right now is old #13 Slava Kozlov. that guy was clutch... he'd look SWEET finishing off Datsyuk's saucer passes!

Wow...the Jackets were paying him $6M a year???

I would be for a return to Detroit on the conditions that it is a Larry Murphy transaction, i.e, the team simply wants him out so we give them some trinkets and poof, on our team.

The teams seems to have a great group to make a good run. Can Kronwell remain healthy? W/ Ferdorov, the bonus is you can kick him back to the blue line and since his daddy does not seem to be running his career anymore, I don't think (hope) that he will not cry to the media.

For being a lazy bastard as many perceive he sure makes the likes of the rest of the team look like a bunch of sloths in the playoffs... Yikes he still has about 5 Playoff records for the wings had he has been gone for a few season now...

Such a slacker that i would love on this team in the playoffs when we need a player to dominate.

OsGod, you're my boy blue! so far you've always had my back in the forums and seem to be a big fedorov fan. good to hear, let's not let people get too down on fedorov. even if he never comes back to the wings, he's a legendary red wings like it or not that he left ya know.

rumor just heard on 97.1 the ticket... Feds for Kopecky?????? Thoughts???

um duh what do you think i would say to this!?? haha. please tell me this is a true rumor and please KENNY MAKE IT HAPPEN!

No way that is all it would take. Is Detroit even really looking at Feds? ;)

apparently they are

On a Detroit radio show just now, they were interviewing Kevin Allen of USA Today who said the Wings are going to make a pitch for Fedorov.

that was posted yesterday at 10:30 pm on the jackets board on hfboards

At least we realize that the best way to learn is learn from someone who has had success in a certain area. Fedorov has had success in lighting the lamp in the playoffs and thus he would be a great player to learn from...

I am glad the uppers aren't tools!