• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
40#1Fan

Zetterberg's Back Has Flared Up Again

Rate this topic

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...r_zetterbe.html

Update from Monday's practice: Henrik Zetterberg's back has flared up on him again, forcing him to miss practice. He's listed as a questionable for Tuesday's game in Los Angeles, and his status for Sunday's All-Star Game is also up in the air. Zetterberg said it was caused by a hit -- he's not sure by who -- late in Saturday's game in San Jose. But he also said it's not as bad the previous flare-up last month, which caused him to miss five games. Mikael Samuelsson also missed practice because of the flu.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...r_zetterbe.html

Update from Monday's practice: Henrik Zetterberg's back has flared up on him again, forcing him to miss practice. He's listed as a questionable for Tuesday's game in Los Angeles, and his status for Sunday's All-Star Game is also up in the air. Zetterberg said it was caused by a hit -- he's not sure by who -- late in Saturday's game in San Jose. But he also said it's not as bad the previous flare-up last month, which caused him to miss five games. Mikael Samuelsson also missed practice because of the flu.

At least there's some good news out of this post. ;)

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../801210401/1128

"It's stiff and sore today, it's a challenge," Zetterberg said. "I felt the same way yesterday and decided to stay off today. After the game (Saturday) it got a little worse.

"I'd say it's pretty questionable for tomorrow."

The Wings play at Los Angeles on Tuesday and at Anaheim on Wednesday.

Zetterberg said he hasn't thought about whether he'll play in Sunday's All-Star Game in Atlanta. He had to decline to play last year's game because of a groin injury.

Zetterberg missed of the second half of last season with a similar back injury and doesn't want that to happen again.

Coach Mike Babcock said the team will be cautious with Zetterberg, but added the Wings won't tell Zetterberg specifically to stay home from the All-Star Game.

"He knows his body better than I do," Babcock said.

If Zetterberg can't play Tuesday, Dallas Drake (knee) is ready to get back in the lineup.

well, that's just great. Poor Zata, at least his dad is along on the trip, to carry his bags. :unsure:

This is happening a little too often, I am getting worried now. We know the other guys can step in, and have... Cleary, Dats, etc. But, what a tough break for us.

It's just my opinion, but I think even if he thinks he's OK by the ASG, Hank should sit it out rather than risk re-aggravating the injury. :ph34r:

This back injury is becoming really, really bad news for the Wings.

Makes me wonder if this changes the Wings' trade deadline thought process. Maybe an extra scorer now instead of a d-man? Or two, strictly rental players, one scorer and one d-man?

Makes me wonder if this changes the Wings' trade deadline thought process. Maybe an extra scorer now instead of a d-man? Or two, strictly rental players, one scorer and one d-man?

It makes me wonder if they would be more more inclined to get Hossa since he's likely the safer bet long-term.

What worries me about this is the nature of the injury. This is the type of thing that could follow him for his entire career. He can go for long stretches of time where it feels great and then all of a sudden (sometimes for now reason) you get a flare up and have to miss some games.

I hope he's just saying it's bothering him because he doesn't wanna go to the ASG. As happy as I'll be to see all our guys go, I'd rather see them get a long break. It's almost like an advantage for all the s***ty players around the league to sit down while the elite wear themselves out and take a meaningless chance of getting injured. Maybe I'm just bitter 'cause it's my anniversary and I'll probably miss it.

... I hope they can find the cause of his back problems and put a stop to these flare ups.

Agreed.

If I was in the Wings organization and had any say at all, I'd tell him to stay home for the All Star Game.

Guest Jeremy88

If he feels like he can play, he better play in the ASG. If any player skips a game because of fear of injury, then that player shouldn't play any games, because with that philosophy, they could be injured in any game they play. It's why they're called hockey players...cuz they play hockey. They're not called Hockey sitter-outers because they might get hurt. The fans vote the players into the ASG because they want to see them play...if a player is injured and doesn't play, that's fine...but to not play because he "could" be injured is a load of s***.

If he feels like he can play, he better play in the ASG. If any player skips a game because of fear of injury, then that player shouldn't play any games, because with that philosophy, they could be injured in any game they play. It's why they're called hockey players...cuz they play hockey. They're not called Hockey sitter-outers because they might get hurt. The fans vote the players into the ASG because they want to see them play...if a player is injured and doesn't play, that's fine...but to not play because he "could" be injured is a load of s***.

I agree 100%

Kronners shouldn't play at all if thats the way of thinking. He gets hurt too often by freak happings (* KNOCKS * ON WOOD*)

+ its not like theres huge hits in the ASG. They are there to have fun not hurt each other. Its a sign of respect in my mind.

I started a thread a few weeks ago saying he should skip the all-star and I stand by that opinion. It has nothing to do with the hitting or lack there of at the game. It has everything to do with the rest he he can get by not going.