• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lovin Jiri Fischer

Sick of all the NHL commercials this year

Rate this topic

Last year they were kinda decent. But this year, I noticed that they all feature the same few players: Crosby, Ovechkin, Miller, Staal, Lecavelier...all eastern conference players. The "Is this the year?" commercial and the "In this jersey, I pledge..." commercial are the exact same thing, but with different lines. I hate how they are shoving the same few eastern players down our throats. What about a commercial with hot western players? Zetterberg, Getzlaf, Kopitar, etc? The NHL does have TWO conferences, not just the east.

And also when Crosby goes, "In this jersey, I pledge to play for the logo on the front not the name on the back" it was obviously taken from Miracle, a movie that most hockey fans have seen...you would think that King Crosby would get the best line of the whole thing.

Thanks. It's good to see something different than the NHL Network's commercial of it. I've pretty much memorized the exact wording of that damn commercial as if I were the one who scored the 10 points.

No prob, as for scoring 10 points, ahhh what a dream, I haven't scored 10 points in 4 years of pick up hockey! :lol:

Edited by Winged Scooter

Did you guys know that Darryl Sittler once scored 10 points in one game? I wish there was a way I could find out more about that fateful night, to its most minute details. :D

LOL! :lol:

Edited by Kp-Wings

Did you guys know that Darryl Sittler once scored 10 points in one game? I wish there was a way I could find out more about that fateful night, to its most minute details. :D

haha laughs.... I had no idea!

:)

The thing that I find amusing is that these commercials all air during HOCKEY. At this time, hockey has almost 0 casual fans. Either you are or you are not. I am already watching the game, why are you advertising the sport to me? Shouldn't this be on during the super bowl or olympics or during college football when there might be someone who you might actually sway to your side? Seriously, the fact that these commercials air on the NHL network shows you why the league is in trouble. I want to come up with some cute phrase like "They market the game like a bunch of ..... doing ....." but I cannot. Please feel free to help. The really sad thing is that we all see the problems they have but they get paid and cannot see.

How exactly does stall tape his stick?

who cares? i heard a babcock quote on nhl.com saying that lidstrom tapes his stick better than anyone he has ever seen!! but seriously i kind of like those commercials and i like the one where staal says, "is this the year we find out which one is dad's favourite?" but the one allstar commercial that has kane, turco and zetterberg in it doesnt make a lot of sense because 2 of them never got voted or chosen and the other is injured.

the ones from last year were sweet with the hotel stuff mostly just for the end where crosby does the seinfeldesque "Ovechkin!"

Edited by 12Newf

:scared:

I think, after viewing that commerical about 57 zillion times, that I know the details even better than Sittler himself, including what he ate (because he was busy running errands that day, dontcha know and he did not have time for his usual pregame pasta and steak) and the name of the team statistician as well.

And can we all say it in unison "everything was going in that day for Darryl Sittler"!!

(never thought I would long for the days of Marty Turco in the back seat or Sid in the shower... sigh)

Here is an idea.

The NHL should hire whomever it is ESPN uses to produce commercials. ESPN always has fantastic commercials.

For instance, I hate basketball, but everytime I see those three guys from Boston asking about what their group nickname should be, I crack up.

Or the one with the guys in the bus, where the coach has an alarm on his cell phone reminding him he has games on Sunday's. I love that one.

The NHL needs to do some more marketing with it's players.