• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zion

1/23 GDT: Red Wings 2, Anaheim 1

Rate this topic

Perry: Hey Pavel, you're gonna get it!

Pav: What? :dntknw:

:lol: He will never live that down. We'll make sure of it. Maybe they will replay that clip for a nice flashback piece?

Happy Birthday to Homer! I hope the dads didn't keep them up too late, our boys will need to keep the energy up to win this one.

Wings 4 (Homerx2, Lebda, Downey!) Ducks 2

there is no team in the league that id love to see the Wings destroy and embarrass more than the Ducks.

than again, the Ducks already embarrassed themselves last June with 14k at a Stanley Cup rally.

go dom!

go wings!

Edited by kylee

Wings 4 (Dats, Stein, Flip, Raffy)

Ducks 3 (who the f*ck cares, most will probably be shoddy or questionable anyway. And by the way, by the looks of games refereed with Wings versus Western "powerhouses" we get the sharp end of the stick when it comes to getting cheap calls. I mean, every time a player with a dark jersey falls there is a penalty on the Wings. DOUBLE if they are a name or have had a commercial. So I expect at least 9 PP chances for the Ducks and at least one called back goal that Homer scored. Calls for Fronger, Getslapped, Neithermatter, and Fairy will definitely come when Pavel tries to lift their stick or Lidstrom knocks the puck off of it. And I'm sure Cleary will be called for "hustling.")

Wow, that opponent guess score went a little longer than usual.

I think this will be a good game. Based on his recent levels of play, I think Dom is going to have a big game... really strong against the Ducks. Also, I espect no goals until the second period. With that said, I thiink the final score will be 4-1 Wings ( Pavel, Lids, Cleary, Kronwall)

By the way, I was looking ahead, and the next time we play the Ducks is on Feb 10, which means it will be a back to back game again! (we play toronto the day before). So that is dumb... but GO WINGS!!!

Guest Crymson

It should be noted that this game is being streamed for free on Yahoo! sports.

sports.yahoo.com/nhl, see the scoreboard in the bottom-right hand corner for the link.

Lots of teams seem to get stuck playing LA and Anaheim on B2Bs. Oh well. Hopefully the Wings resting Cheli and playing the fourth line a lot last night leaves them rested.

And hopefully the rain and inept Southern Californian drivers don't close the freeway for those of us trying to get to the Ponda Center tonight. Go Wings!

from HF boards...

Originally Posted by Bonkers

"I don't think we need to glorify that Robbie/Pronger hit. That was dirty and we don't need it."

I loved it. No holds barred against Detroit. Where did the other thread go, anyway?

(talking about the dirty hit that Pronger and Niedermayer slammed on Homer - just even thinking about that crash and then thinking that some low life duck fan gets all happy when seeing it just makes me sick)

downey is in the lineup tonight, right?

Edited by kylee

I have been waiting on this won (did I misspell that? Nah don't think so :D )

But seriously, this will be a hard fought game tonight. I doubt you guys really expended that much energy against the Queens last night. Both teams will be up and ready for this game for sure.

I'll be there in my usual seat in THE POND (It's not the Ponda. God, how that bothers me when people call it that)

"Mighty" Anaheim Ducks: 4

Detroit Dead Things: 2

It'll be a great game for sure. It'll be great to see all the Red Kings fans there tonight as well.

Go Ducks!

oh

and BEWARE of the...

cheliosaurus001.jpg

:D

Let's have a good clean fight....

LETS GET IT ON!

Edited by Still MIGHTY

To All Ducks Fans:

No matter what the outcome of tonight's game or who wins the Stanley Cup or how many Cups your franchise wins, you are still named after a Disney movie. Charlie Conway and Adam Banks are still the only legitimate HOF players to have been on your team.

To All Ducks Fans:

No matter what the outcome of tonight's game or who wins the Stanley Cup or how many Cups your franchise wins, you are still named after a Disney movie. Charlie Conway and Adam Banks are still the only legitimate HOF players to have been on your team.

what about Greg Goldberg? And coach bombay should get the jack adams...

Edited by Duck Guy

To All Ducks Fans:

:rolleyes:

One of those eh?

How bout Teemu Selanne, Scott Niedermayer, JS Giguere?

I'm sure theres no consideration for the Hall there.

and Jarri Kurri played for us in either 1996 or 1997 I can't recall recall.

I'm pretty sure he's in the Hall.

I'm also pretty sure Babcrock coached us to Game 7 of the Finals too...

So to all you naysayers, yes the Mighty Ducks were named after a Disney movie. But if you ever go to the Pond, we've erased every shred of Disney that used to be there. The only thing that remains are the 93 Inaugual Season and 02-03 Western Champs banners with the Mighty logo on it.

I'd probably say we're a legitimate team at this point. Consistent winning seasons. 2 Western Championsips. 1 Pacific Championship. 1 :cup: .

Whatever, I wont convince you, but umm 02-03 SWEEP, 06-07 Defeat.

Oh and

:nhl_crach:

GO PRONGER!

And also

Conway and Banks never played for the Mighty Ducks.

They played for the District 5 Ducks, Team USA, and the Eden Hall Warriors JV squad.

Edited by Still MIGHTY

Oh and

GO PRONGER!

first of all, if by that image youre suggesting the pronger hit on holmstrom was legit...wow

also, learn to lighten up buddy, i dont think anyone here honestly thinks the ducks are a joke. If anything its the team most people on here worry about standing in the way of our cup

first of all, if by that image youre suggesting the pronger hit on holmstrom was legit...wow

also, learn to lighten up buddy, i dont think anyone here honestly thinks the ducks are a joke. If anything its the team most people on here worry about standing in the way of our cup

No, no. Let him learn.

I'm more worried about the awesome D pairing that is Fulton-Portman. But once we shut down The Flying V there will be no problems from the Ducks. :rotflmao:

:rolleyes:

One of those eh?

How bout Teemu Selanne, Scott Niedermayer, JS Giguere?

I'm sure theres no consideration for the Hall there.

and Jarri Kurri played for us in either 1996 or 1997 I can't recall recall.

I'm pretty sure he's in the Hall.

I'm also pretty sure Babcrock coached us to Game 7 of the Finals too...

So to all you naysayers, yes the Mighty Ducks were named after a Disney movie. But if you ever go to the Pond, we've erased every shred of Disney that used to be there. The only thing that remains are the 93 Inaugual Season and 02-03 Western Champs banners with the Mighty logo on it.

I'd probably say we're a legitimate team at this point. Consistent winning seasons. 2 Western Championsips. 1 Pacific Championship. 1 :cup: .

Whatever, I wont convince you, but umm 02-03 SWEEP, 06-07 Defeat.

Oh and

GO PRONGER!

And also

Conway and Banks never played for the Mighty Ducks.

They played for the District 5 Ducks, Team USA, and the Eden Hall Warriors JV squad.

What? How many cups did you say?.....1?....

Really, only 1.

Let's see we have...

But that was a long time ago, in the last 11 years we only have...

And those HOF guys, Neodemeier and Selanne they only played for you at the end of their careers so I wouldn't attribute that to the Ducks.

And Gigere a HOF? Pleeeease. Not even close