• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
detroitdan

Cleary article

Rate this topic

I didn't know if this had been posted already, but I thought some of you might find it interesting. It's a nice article on Cleary that was done by my hometown paper The Telegram (St. John's, Newfoundland) last weekend. It's a good read. And he'll be bringing the Cup back to Newfoundland this summer!! :champs:

http://www.thetelegram.com/index.cfm?sid=99697&sc=83

Some things I found interesting or surprising:

Perhaps even more impressive is his plus-19, sixth-best in the league.
WOW!!

"He's really settled into being a pro," Mike Babcock said. "Since his time in Detroit, he's lifted his game. He's playing the right amount of minutes, he's a fierce forechecker and I think he's got a bright future."

"I certainly hope I don't leave," said Cleary, who is pocketing US$662,500 this season and is likely due for a healthy raise. "We're talking now about contract extensions, so hopefully something can get done. We're talking long term.

"I'd like to play here as long as I can."

Something about playing in Detroit has a lot of people using that last line!!

Now that he's found his groove in Hockeytown, U.S.A., Cleary doesn't see any reason to leave. He's set to become an unrestricted free agent after the season and doesn't feel the need to test the open market.

"I certainly hope I don't leave," said Cleary, who is pocketing US$662,500 this season and is likely due for a healthy raise. "We're talking now about contract extensions, so hopefully something can get done. We're talking long term.

"I'd like to play here as long as I can."

I really liked that quote. Holland has made it sound a little more ominous in his quotes.