#1 12Newf

12Newf

Newf

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:16 PM

http://www2.sportsne...se_to_land_swe/

Canucks lead chase to land Swede

From undrafted to super-prospect, the Vancouver Canucks are one of the frontrunners to land highly touted Swedish prospect Fabian Brunnstrom.

The Vancouver Province is reporting the Canucks are on a shortlist of teams whom Brunnstrom wishes to negotiate with. The Red Wings and Leafs are also believed to be on the list.

The Canucks envision him playing on a line with the Sedins on the first line.

"He has gone from a nobody to a player who really has made a name for himself. He has a lot of talent, for sure," Canucks Euro scout Thomas Gradin told the Province. "He's a big player who can skate and he's a very fast skater for his size. He's a very good prospect."

Okay so i just came across this on sportsnet this morning and i noticed no one has posted it here so has anyone heard of this kid? This could be very interesting...

#2 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:23 PM

Kenny has.

Brunnstrom, who will be 23 on Feb. 6, is expected to sign with an NHL team in the next several weeks.

"We like him, we made him a contract offer and we consider him a good prospect," general manager Ken Holland said. "He's a late bloomer. He has good hockey sense."

Posted Image

#3 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:25 PM

Fabian Brunnstrom..........Don't they make board games? tongue.gif

Gotta love that Kenny and the Wings brass are on top of this.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25, 25 January 2008 - 01:27 PM.

It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#4 wingsfan40

wingsfan40

Zetterberg: Simply Impresses Everytime He's On The Ice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:27 PM

I'm sure Kenny knows what he's doing...getter done

#5 Gizmo

Gizmo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:39 PM

Holland was talking with Daniels between periods of the Ducks game. Holland joked that the he's trying to use the fact that the Wings are certainly above average in their "Swedishness" and he'd feel right at home as a selling point.
"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... outta da crease... in-a da crease... outta da crease!!!"

#6 Grittzkey

Grittzkey

L L L L SAD FACE

• HoF Booster
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:43 PM

If you would of looked in rumor mill/prospects you would notice 4 other topics about him.

So yes we have.
Lebda - Your Off The Team... My most used quote during the games.

#7 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (Gizmo @ January 25, 2008 - 01:39PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Holland was talking with Daniels between periods of the Ducks game. Holland joked that the he's trying to use the fact that the Wings are certainly above average in their "Swedishness" and he'd feel right at home as a selling point.

Same can be said for the other two teams going after him.

#8 Sergei Fedorov91

Sergei Fedorov91

Touchdown

• PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:01 PM

Yeah but we have the greatst sweede hockey player ever

#9 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:09 PM

Let's see, play with creepy Twinns on a team that in all actuality doesn't have a chance to win the Stanley Cup...or play with the best Swedish Defensmen in the league along with the best Swedish Forward in the league and a team destroying the NHL and on the verge of winning their 2nd Stanley Cup 6 years...
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#10 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:10 PM

There is a thread in the rumor mill about Brunnstrom.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#11 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (Konnan511 @ January 25, 2008 - 02:09PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's see, play with creepy Twinns on a team that in all actuality doesn't have a chance to win the Stanley Cup...or play with the best Swedish Defensmen in the league along with the best Swedish Forward in the league and a team destroying the NHL and on the verge of winning their 2nd Stanley Cup 6 years...

pretty much sums it up, unless he comes just for the money or is personally close with someone on the other teams the most obvious and logical choice would be come to Detroit.
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#12 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:17 PM

Why is he being called 'the next' Alfredsson? I watched him yet again yesterday, and he doesn't remind me of Alfie at all. He's more like J.P. Dumont.

#13 GordieSid&Ted

GordieSid&Ted

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (Konnan511 @ January 25, 2008 - 02:09PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think there's folks in Ottawa who might take issue with who you think is the best Swedish forward in the game right now.

The bone the Canucks can throw at him is that they'll play him on the first line with the Sedins. What's he going to do in Detroit? Play on the 3rd/4th lines? He sure ain't taking Dats or Z's slot up front.
Being a mod doesn't make you special.

#14 Gizmo

Gizmo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (Sergei Fedorov91 @ January 25, 2008 - 02:01PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah but we have the greatst sweede hockey player ever
Actually, looking at the current rosters... The Wings have as many Swedes as the Leafs and 'nucks combined!

Edited by Gizmo, 25 January 2008 - 02:20 PM.

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... outta da crease... in-a da crease... outta da crease!!!"

#15 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (GordieSid&Ted @ January 25, 2008 - 08:19PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's he going to do in Detroit? Play on the 3rd/4th lines? He sure ain't taking Dats or Z's slot up front.
No, not next year. But there are more years ahead.

With the Canucks he'd get 5 games at the most with the Sedins, then he would be traded or sent down. That's how they operate in Vancouver. If he signs with us, he can slowly adjust to the NHL game on the lower lines (with some power play time, of course) with not-so-high expectations. But if he wants the pressure rightaway, he's gotta sign with the Canucks.

Edited by Systemfel, 25 January 2008 - 02:28 PM.

#16 12Newf

12Newf

Newf

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:29 PM

i offer my most sincere apologies to all those whose days have been ruined by this huge mistake i have made. i now know that there is already a thread in the rumor mill about this guy and apparently there have been others in the past. i hope everyone can forget about this and salvage what is left of the day.

#17 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (ben_usmc @ January 25, 2008 - 02:14PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pretty much sums it up, unless he comes just for the money or is personally close with someone on the other teams the most obvious and logical choice would be come to Detroit.

Or, if he wants to come in and play right away on the top line (which has been hinted by his representatives), he might not choose Detroit. This kid isn't going to come in and be a 4th liner or play a season in the AHL, he wants to step in and be 1st liner. A rebuilding Leafs team or a team like Vancouver with offensive deficiencies might be a better fit for him in the short-term.

#18 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (MacK_Attack @ January 25, 2008 - 08:36PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or, if he wants to come in and play right away on the top line (which has been hinted by his representatives), he might not choose Detroit. This kid isn't going to come in and be a 4th liner or play a season in the AHL, he wants to step in and be 1st liner. A rebuilding Leafs team or a team like Vancouver with offensive deficiencies might be a better fit for him in the short-term.

what NHL coach is going to give an unproven guy 1st line start for free?
I don't think it'll be Maurice, Vigneault(sp) or Babcock? I'm not sure if he'd
get 2nd line start "for free". most certainly not from Babcock.

if he's really expecting to be taken into NHL and go straightforward
to play 1st liner... he really has an attitude! whatever he's talentwise,
I just don't see guy like this in Winged Wheel. it's a team game
in Detroit not skill competition of individual players. you buy it or they
sell you.

Edited by akustyk, 25 January 2008 - 02:49 PM.

#19 Viperar

Viperar

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (12Newf @ January 25, 2008 - 02:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i offer my most sincere apologies to all those whose days have been ruined by this huge mistake i have made. i now know that there is already a thread in the rumor mill about this guy and apparently there have been others in the past. i hope everyone can forget about this and salvage what is left of the day.

laugh.gif laugh.gif
IPB Image
IPB Image

#20 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:56 PM

Depends if he wants to play for the best or the rest biggrin.gif If we get him I would be happy smile.gif