• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
12Newf

Report: Brunnstrom chooses Detroit?

Rate this topic

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/blogs/hockey_hear...se_to_land_swe/

Canucks lead chase to land Swede

From undrafted to super-prospect, the Vancouver Canucks are one of the frontrunners to land highly touted Swedish prospect Fabian Brunnstrom.

The Vancouver Province is reporting the Canucks are on a shortlist of teams whom Brunnstrom wishes to negotiate with. The Red Wings and Leafs are also believed to be on the list.

The Canucks envision him playing on a line with the Sedins on the first line.

"He has gone from a nobody to a player who really has made a name for himself. He has a lot of talent, for sure," Canucks Euro scout Thomas Gradin told the Province. "He's a big player who can skate and he's a very fast skater for his size. He's a very good prospect."

Okay so i just came across this on sportsnet this morning and i noticed no one has posted it here so has anyone heard of this kid? This could be very interesting...

Kenny has.

Brunnstrom, who will be 23 on Feb. 6, is expected to sign with an NHL team in the next several weeks.

"We like him, we made him a contract offer and we consider him a good prospect," general manager Ken Holland said. "He's a late bloomer. He has good hockey sense."

Holland was talking with Daniels between periods of the Ducks game. Holland joked that the he's trying to use the fact that the Wings are certainly above average in their "Swedishness" and he'd feel right at home as a selling point.

Holland was talking with Daniels between periods of the Ducks game. Holland joked that the he's trying to use the fact that the Wings are certainly above average in their "Swedishness" and he'd feel right at home as a selling point.

Same can be said for the other two teams going after him.

Let's see, play with creepy Twinns on a team that in all actuality doesn't have a chance to win the Stanley Cup...or play with the best Swedish Defensmen in the league along with the best Swedish Forward in the league and a team destroying the NHL and on the verge of winning their 2nd Stanley Cup 6 years...

Let's see, play with creepy Twinns on a team that in all actuality doesn't have a chance to win the Stanley Cup...or play with the best Swedish Defensmen in the league along with the best Swedish Forward in the league and a team destroying the NHL and on the verge of winning their 2nd Stanley Cup 6 years...

pretty much sums it up, unless he comes just for the money or is personally close with someone on the other teams the most obvious and logical choice would be come to Detroit.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I think there's folks in Ottawa who might take issue with who you think is the best Swedish forward in the game right now.

The bone the Canucks can throw at him is that they'll play him on the first line with the Sedins. What's he going to do in Detroit? Play on the 3rd/4th lines? He sure ain't taking Dats or Z's slot up front.

Yeah but we have the greatst sweede hockey player ever
Actually, looking at the current rosters... The Wings have as many Swedes as the Leafs and 'nucks combined! Edited by Gizmo

What's he going to do in Detroit? Play on the 3rd/4th lines? He sure ain't taking Dats or Z's slot up front.
No, not next year. But there are more years ahead.

With the Canucks he'd get 5 games at the most with the Sedins, then he would be traded or sent down. That's how they operate in Vancouver. If he signs with us, he can slowly adjust to the NHL game on the lower lines (with some power play time, of course) with not-so-high expectations. But if he wants the pressure rightaway, he's gotta sign with the Canucks.

Edited by Systemfel

i offer my most sincere apologies to all those whose days have been ruined by this huge mistake i have made. i now know that there is already a thread in the rumor mill about this guy and apparently there have been others in the past. i hope everyone can forget about this and salvage what is left of the day.

pretty much sums it up, unless he comes just for the money or is personally close with someone on the other teams the most obvious and logical choice would be come to Detroit.

Or, if he wants to come in and play right away on the top line (which has been hinted by his representatives), he might not choose Detroit. This kid isn't going to come in and be a 4th liner or play a season in the AHL, he wants to step in and be 1st liner. A rebuilding Leafs team or a team like Vancouver with offensive deficiencies might be a better fit for him in the short-term.

Or, if he wants to come in and play right away on the top line (which has been hinted by his representatives), he might not choose Detroit. This kid isn't going to come in and be a 4th liner or play a season in the AHL, he wants to step in and be 1st liner. A rebuilding Leafs team or a team like Vancouver with offensive deficiencies might be a better fit for him in the short-term.

what NHL coach is going to give an unproven guy 1st line start for free?

I don't think it'll be Maurice, Vigneault(sp) or Babcock? I'm not sure if he'd

get 2nd line start "for free". most certainly not from Babcock.

if he's really expecting to be taken into NHL and go straightforward

to play 1st liner... he really has an attitude! whatever he's talentwise,

I just don't see guy like this in Winged Wheel. it's a team game

in Detroit not skill competition of individual players. you buy it or they

sell you.

Edited by akustyk

i offer my most sincere apologies to all those whose days have been ruined by this huge mistake i have made. i now know that there is already a thread in the rumor mill about this guy and apparently there have been others in the past. i hope everyone can forget about this and salvage what is left of the day.

:lol: :lol:

sell you.

Obviously, training camp has a lot to do with that. I think Brunnstrom is looking for a team that has room for him on the top-two lines right away.

If you're Toronto and don't have many other options, it's an appealing thing for him, especially with young Swedes like Steen, Stralman & Kronwall. There's also a chance that Carl Gunnarsson comes over next year, but he'd more likely end up with the Marlies.

The Leafs are going to have guys like Tlusty and Kulemin on the top two lines along with Steen and God-willing, Stamkos. Plus, Stralman will have a much larger role next year.

If Sundin re-signs, you stick Brunnstrom on the wing with Sundin & Steen. It's not like the Leafs have anything to lose.

:lol: I know right? Don't worry about it, there is some on here that would post nothing at all if they weren't playing mod. Although sometimes thats better than when they really try to post something actually relevent to a conversation. I'd have to say the Wings stand as good of a chance as anyone at landing this guy if for nothing else reputation alone.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

sell you.

I think we're all in agreement that it's very unlikely he'd start on the top line on any NHL team. The point some of us are making is that the lure of that is out there and apparently that's what he wants, which means maybe Detroit isn't the best place for him as some have suggested.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Don't apologize Newf. This Grittzky guy is a dick. Has been since he got here.

The guy has been here all of 3 minutes and wants to be the board Nazi. Do what I do, tell him to shove it up his arse.

Now don't believe anything bad people tell you about me. I am the nicest guy in the world! :hehe:

Let's see, play with creepy Twinns on a team that in all actuality doesn't have a chance to win the Stanley Cup...or play with the best Swedish Defensmen in the league along with ONE OF the best Swedish Forward's in the league and a team destroying the NHL and on the verge of winning their 2nd Stanley Cup 6 years...

...there, fixed it for ya! :D