• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sebastian

Jordin Tootoo

Rate this topic

Tootoo is 5'9" 194lbs. He isn't big enough to go head to head with the heavyweights in the NHL. He is a defensive liability and quite frankly brings little to the offensive aspect of the game (he has 13 points thus far with a -4). He may have energy but when was the last time you heard anyone say energy wins championships. We need a big body on D. RedFX says that the folks in Nashville call Draper a dirty player, I've personally haven't heard anyone say that but then again all the people I know in Nashville who follow the Preds jumped off the bandwagon when they started the season below .500. Tootoo to the Wings, 1. won't happen, 2. wouldn't put us over the top if it did, and 3. would be the equivalent of adding “the turtle†to the 99 squad.

That was a dirty punch, Robidas (right?) was coming over to square off with him and he sucker punches him with a glove on.

NO thanks I hate dislike this guy even more now!!!

Hard to hate someone you don't know!

Edited by Opie

Chelios never ran away from or turtled from a situation that his dirty play created.

Chelios was never considered dirty because he took runs at people. He was a Scott Stevens (aggressive wise) player who had some damn dirty stick work.

Tootoo takes a run at a player, and then usually does one of two things when it comes time to pay the piper, sucker punch the guy while skating away from them, or taking a hit and then acting and crying like a baby on the ice to make it look like he is so hurt. s*** I would rather he Turtle take a couple of punches to the head. At least then he wouldn't be a grade A P**sy.

Watch the tape, if he didn't do anything, he would have been on that stretcher instead of Robidas.

You need to watch the tape.

Robidas was coming in relatively slowly, with his gloves and stick up. Most players turn around and get their gloves and stick up, then decide if they're gonna square off. Tootoo did his usual b.s. of jumping a guy. It was a suckerpunch.

He brings very little to the table, isn't defensively responsible, and is a dirty player.

No thanks.

Chelios never ran away from or turtled from a situation that his dirty play created.

Chelios was never considered dirty because he took runs at people. He was a Scott Stevens (aggressive wise) player who had some damn dirty stick work.

Tootoo takes a run at a player, and then usually does one of two things when it comes time to pay the piper, sucker punch the guy while skating away from them, or taking a hit and then acting and crying like a baby on the ice to make it look like he is so hurt. s*** I would rather he Turtle take a couple of punches to the head. At least then he wouldn't be a grade A P**sy.

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE!!!

how did chelios become a fan fav?

and he was someone that said he would never play for a trash team like the wings. now what happened? im sure most in this thread love him.

First let me say that it took me three years to get used to Cheli in a Wings jersey. The only way he obtained my respect was by earning it night after night by playing good D without playing the game we all hated him for. He completely changed his style of play when he came here.

...all this is so funny! WAh Wah, I hate him, he'd make us hated, he is a prick, I'd drink my own urine before I'd want him! LOL LOL LOL!

...how many fans outside of Detroit hated Vladdy? Did that bother us back then? How many of you guys hated Chris Chelios? I know I did! Wah Wah, if Forsberg came to play for us I puke! If Fedorov ever came back I'd still boo him, I hate his greedy a$$!

...why don't you tell the truth. Sure TooToo takes so bad penalties sometimes, maybe he cheapshots sometimes, he must not do it a lot because we don't hear of him getting suspended every other week. Who would you rather have on your team, Dallas Drake (with all due respect of Drake) or Jordin TooToo? Honestly, if you were a GM, and they cost similar salaries, who be more effective in their role? Like the original poster said, put your homerism aside...

...bottom line, Jordin TooToo is about 90% of what we've been crying about NOT having all these years, a gritty, checking hard-nosed player who can knock the snot out of people and chip in the occasional goal or two. Lets pretend we pick up TooToo and maybe a couple others that have been rumored...

...imagine this team with Downey & TooToo on it. Blake or Sydor or Foote on "D" along side Chelios and Lilja. Add Fedorov or Forsberg or Sundin for extra scoring up front. Would you honestly think that we'd be physically enept in the playoffs this year? Do you think Pronger gets away with headhunting Holmstrom. Shoot, if McCarty gets a shot add him in the playoff mix. You lose Hudler for sure, Drake sits, and possibly Kopecky. Ledba becomes the 7th defensman...

Holmstrom - Datsyuk - Zetterberg

Cleary - Flips - Forsberg or Sundin

Franzen - Fedorov - TooToo

Maltby - Draper - Downey or McCarty

Drake/Kopecky

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Chelios - Kronwall

Lilja - Foote or Blake or Sydor

Ledba

...that right there not only adds scoring & grit up front, but makes our D one of the toughest and best in the league...

...I know thats a lot of moves, but realistically you only lose Hudler and maybe Kopecky off your roster. Throw in a prospect and a few picks and we could get a couple of guys (TooToo, Fedorov & Foote, plus add Forsberg if he stops being a baby) although with all the rumored players to be on the block, who knows what might happen...

...If Forsberg signs with Philly, I'd be happy to pick up Sundin or Fedorov along with Blake or Foote or Sydor and, like him or not, TooToo would brings huge dividends to this team(plus he could wear #22)

First let me say that it took me three years to get used to Cheli in a Wings jersey. The only way he obtained my respect was by earning it night after night by playing good D without playing the game we all hated him for. He completely changed his style of play when he came here.

there you go...an honest person. thanks vladdy.

and he was someone that said he would never play for a trash team like the wings. now what happened? im sure most in this thread love him.

Sure, but there is a differnce between an Elite HOF hockey player like Chris CHelios and then there is the bum, piece of trash player like Jordin Tootoo. Chelios will be rememberd as a HOF, Tootoo will be.... hmm 15 years from now? I think not.

Chelios is definitely no angel, but are you seriously comparing a 3 time Norris winner and all-star defenseman to a marginal 4th liner who is known more for his cheapshots than anything else he does on the ice?

And for the record, I hated Chelios when he played in Chicago. HATED him. But I always thought he was a great player.

I can't even come close to saying the same about Tootoo, other than the hate part.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Chelios is definitely no angel, but are you seriously comparing a 3 time Norris winner and all-star defenseman to a marginal 4th liner who is known more for his cheapshots than anything else he does on the ice?

And for the record, I hated Chelios when he played in Chicago. HATED him. But I always thought he was a great player.

I can't even come close to saying the same about Tootoo, other than the hate part.

Exactly my thoughts as well. :thumbup:

my point was people change when they come here....you have to admit tootoo is on every night. he never sits back. i would love to have someone like that. only yes if he wouldn't do the cheap shots. think about it. if he was to come here...not saying it would ever happen...but if we were to get a rough and tumble person that can and will take on anyone in the league then we wouldn't get comments like the ones that i have been hearing about how the ducks sent us a message.

The ***** gets whats coming to him. Cant sand that little prick. What a disgrace to hockey.

...you know what, if you pause it a moment of impact on the third replay (the closeup one at the 1:18 mark of the video) it is actually (clearly) a shoulder that hits him in the chin. Look at it, slow it down, frame by frame it. It's TooToo's shoulder that gets the impact, not his elbow as a matter of fact at the 1:49 mark it is no doubt, 100% sure that it is a shoulder, hence NOT AN ILLEGAL HIT, what is so dirty about that?

Edited by LeftWinger

...you know what, if you pause it a moment of impact on the third replay (the closeup one at the 1:18 mark of the video) it is actually (clearly) a shoulder that hits him in the chin. Look at it, slow it down, frame by frame it. It's TooToo's shoulder that gets the impact, not his elbow...

So that means that his charging of the opposing player is deemed void cause it was a shoulder and not a elbow?

...you know what, if you pause it a moment of impact on the third replay (the closeup one at the 1:18 mark of the video) it is actually (clearly) a shoulder that hits him in the chin. Look at it, slow it down, frame by frame it. It's TooToo's shoulder that gets the impact, not his elbow as a matter of fact at the 1:49 mark it is no doubt, 100% sure that it is a shoulder, hence NOT AN ILLEGAL HIT, what is so dirty about that?

It may have been a shoulder, I can't really tell.

But what about the 5 strides he took to the deliver the hit? Then there's also the whole dive at the end.

But what about the 5 strides he took to the deliver the hit? Then there's also the whole dive at the end.

Exactly on spot again my friend! I don't see why people defend this disgrace to the game of hockey. WHO wants a player that always leaves his feet and takes 5+ strides before he hits a player? Screw Tootoo and his selfish hockey play.

Edited by Salviaman

HELL NO. All the reasons why he is complete scum have already been said, so i'll spare you. The only people I can think of that would love Tootoo in a Wings jersey are people that know absolutely nothing about hockey at all. But it will never happen, so I'm not going to get too worked up about this.

HELL NO. All the reasons why he is complete scum have already been said, so i'll spare you. The only people I can think of that would love Tootoo in a Wings jersey are people that know absolutely nothing about hockey at all. But it will never happen, so I'm not going to get too worked up about this.

I know dude, this is why I have to post videos of this TOOL so people can realize that he actually sucks at hockey.

I know dude, this is why I have to post videos of this TOOL so people can realize that he actually sucks at hockey.

Haha I'm a girl, but I guess you can call me dude if you really want to lol. And yeahh, if people can watch those clips and still say he's great...they are blind.

He will put more butts in the seats at the Joe with all the energy that he brings day in and day out.

Nope people won't put their butt's in the seat since he is not American which people can not ID with him.

...may have been a charge, may have been a dive. Neither of which sets him apart from 50% of the league...