• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sebastian

Jordin Tootoo

Rate this topic

Early in his NHL career, he also bit a guy during an altercation.

It's not like I'm making this up out of nowhere. There used to be a video on youtube where they did a piece on Tootoo, and they various guys around the league were saying how he was a dirty player. Some even went so far as to say he'd get what was coming to him.

Then there's his most common fight technique. Jump the guy before he even has a chance to get his gloves off and start swinging.

If you ask most hockey fans (outside of Nashville) who the dirtiest players around the league are, Tootoo is gonna be on that list.

The second one yeah, but I saw nothing wrong with the first one. It was him finishing a big hit. It was clean. Basically now were just starting a Giants/Packers and Chargers/Patriots situation where everyone calls everyone else dirty. Maybe we should take a page out of Strahan's book. Hockey is a dirty game, bodies flying everywhere, lots of hitting and fighting. Are you really gonna be fond of a guy that just flattened you like that? I know about his general perception, and there's nothing I can say or do to change that. But for someone like me who's been watching the Predators since their inception, I know he's not some guy that does nothing but going around trying to injure guys.

The second one yeah, but I saw nothing wrong with the first one. It was him finishing a big hit. It was clean. Basically now were just starting a Giants/Packers and Chargers/Patriots situation where everyone calls everyone else dirty. Maybe we should take a page out of Strahan's book. Hockey is a dirty game, bodies flying everywhere, lots of hitting and fighting. Are you really gonna be fond of a guy that just flattened you like that? I know about his general perception, and there's nothing I can say or do to change that. But for someone like me who's been watching the Predators since their inception, I know he's not some guy that does nothing but going around trying to injure guys.

The first one was a charge. The league hasn't really called it the way they used to it seems. Guys are able to take a running start across half the rink before they hit a player.

And I'm not saying it's the only thing he does.

But it's about 75% of it. ;)

Edited by haroldsnepsts

How long have you been watching him? Every time, and I mean EVERY TIME, he plays the Wings there is a questionable play involving: a. an elbow, b. more than 5 strides, c. leaving the ice, or d. punching before the opponent's gloves are off or they realize they are even in a fight.

He's a Level 10 Douchebag and he doesn't belong in the league. And I KNOW I am not alone on this issue and I am positive my Red Wings homerism isn't clouding my judgment.

Thing is, if he *was* a wing, and he sucker-punched Barret Jackman, he'd be a hero.

If was *was* a wing, and he took a run and delivered a flying hit on Chris Pronger, he'd be a hero.

Darren McCarty is a hero (in part) for pounding an opponent who was down on the ice.

Brendan Shanahan is a hero (in part) for taking a running, flying mid-air hit on a goalie

The last 2 are hardly part of "The Code", but they are Redwings folklore.

Don't get me wrong, like I said before, Tootoo is a dirty little *****, but if he'd started his career in Detroit instead of NSH a lot of opinions in this thread would be different....

I love you cuz, but no thanks on Jordin. He's a prick and would give the Wings a bad name.

Does he fight....yes

Is he someone who would be considered a heavyweight ......NO

He wouldn't get the minutes in Detroit that he gets in Nashville. They have tried for a few years to get his scoring up, pairing him with Kariya, Sullivan to name a few, 7 goals are his career high. He would be a favorite in most towns with his fighting, but he's known for leaving his feet when checking players, many of his hits are borderline dirty. The way he throws his body around it's a matter of time before he starts getting the nagging injuries all the time. Not sure why this thread was started, he's staying in Bubbaville.

yeah... he's all saint and everything he does is soooo clean...

man's way to do this...

like 10 strides and visible lifting at the very end...

yeah... huge check... jumping 2ft above the ground and with knees going to other guys butt...

another "clean" check... with his butt going forward and the whiner falling to the ice instantly to escape hit back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ5l40daTdM

yep, I know. he defended himself... yeah... really...

just as the warrior code says - get ahead of the guy and make it clear you want him to drop the gloves. well... no, it's not.

I especially like those moments when Predators fans suddenly

find back some interest in the game once Tootoo starts some

crap. classy ice hockey fans, I tell ya!

Edited by akustyk

As the Nashville resident, I guess I'll stick up for Tootoo here. And again, I'll start by clarifying the fact that Tootoo is not a dirty player. I can only think of one incident that really would be considered dirty, and that was all the way back in 04. He personally apologized to that player afterwards. Toots doesn't "cheapshot" people, his hits are monster and devastating, but they are clean. What other teams hate about him is he'll hit anyone, enforcer or finese guy. Teams might not like it, but guess what, that's hockey. Who's to clarify what's dirty or not? We consider Tootoo dirty, Nashville considers Holmstrom and Draper dirty. It's all a matter of perspective.

Tootoo may be one of the NHL's hardest working players. He gives it his all on every shift, he fights for loose pucks, goes strong to the net, and gets other people off his game. Off the ice, he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, a real down to earth guy. Personally I'd love to see him a Wings uniform, but I doubt Nashville will be looking to trade him.

Nashville considers anyone who hits any of their players "Dirty" But it's ok if Tootoo sucker punches people , to them "thats hockey" a couple of Tootoo's ex teammates (now in Philly) have commented that his style of play will cost him and the leaving the feet on his big checks was one of the first things brought up. His skills aren't that great, he shows no discipline in his game, nor does he work hard on improving it. When they put him with Kariya and he didn't get points, you know that there is little offensive skill. Between the lack of skill and the wear and tear he puts on his body with the style of play, I don't see him lasting another 5 years consistantly on an NHL roster.

Thing is, if he *was* a wing, and he sucker-punched Barret Jackman, he'd be a hero.

If was *was* a wing, and he took a run and delivered a flying hit on Chris Pronger, he'd be a hero.

Darren McCarty is a hero (in part) for pounding an opponent who was down on the ice.

Brendan Shanahan is a hero (in part) for taking a running, flying mid-air hit on a goalie

The last 2 are hardly part of "The Code", but they are Redwings folklore.

Don't get me wrong, like I said before, Tootoo is a dirty little *****, but if he'd started his career in Detroit instead of NSH a lot of opinions in this thread would be different....

Ahh yes. The homer argument.

It's very popular these days.

That may be partly true, if a Wings player does something, of course it's going to get the benefit of the doubt from Wing's fans, but the examples you give are a little different than most of what Tootoo does.

McCarty was getting retribution for a cheapshot on a teammate. And when he started pounding Turtle, they were standing. He just chose to cower and get beat on instead of fighting back.

Shanny clotheslined Roy because Roy was coming flying out to center ice to go after McCarty and be the third man in. It's not like Shanahan then proceeded to beat the tar out of a goalie. But he kept his teammate from getting blindsided.

It's not like I thought Ulfie was suddenly a great player when he was traded to the Wings.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=228601&hubname=nhl

The Nashville Predators and winger Jordin Tootoo have agreed on a contract extension.

Sources tell TSN it's a two-year deal worth just under $1 million a season.

In 210 career games, Tootoo has registered 40 points and over 365 minutes in penalties. He has seven goals and 13 points in 41 games this season.

The hard-nosed winger was Nashville's sixth choice, 98th overall in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft. The former Brandon Wheat Kings was also a member of Canada's silver medal World Junior Team in 2003

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=228601&hubname=nhl

The Nashville Predators and winger Jordin Tootoo have agreed on a contract extension.

Sources tell TSN it's a two-year deal worth just under $1 million a season.

In 210 career games, Tootoo has registered 40 points and over 365 minutes in penalties. He has seven goals and 13 points in 41 games this season.

The hard-nosed winger was Nashville's sixth choice, 98th overall in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft. The former Brandon Wheat Kings was also a member of Canada's silver medal World Junior Team in 2003

Well, that ends this whole discussion. Lol! No worries folks, Tootoo will be in Nashville for a little while longer.

Ahh yes. The homer argument.

It's very popular these days.

That may be partly true, if a Wings player does something, of course it's going to get the benefit of the doubt from Wing's fans, but the examples you give are a little different than most of what Tootoo does.

McCarty was getting retribution for a cheapshot on a teammate. And when he started pounding Turtle, they were standing. He just chose to cower and get beat on instead of fighting back.

Shanny clotheslined Roy because Roy was coming flying out to center ice to go after McCarty and be the third man in. It's not like Shanahan then proceeded to beat the tar out of a goalie. But he kept his teammate from getting blindsided.

It's not like I thought Ulfie was suddenly a great player when he was traded to the Wings.

So was Todd Bertuzzi

So was Todd Bertuzzi

NO! Bertuzzi attacked a man from behind sucker punched him while in the midst of tackling him.

McCarty Stood toe to toe with Lemiuex!!

But keep trying!

So was Todd Bertuzzi

Yup.

Only Bertuzzi chose to cold cock a guy in the back of the head when he had no idea it was coming. You can keep trying to turn what McCarty did into what Bert did, but it wasn't the same thing.

Mac definitely jumped Turtle, and kneed him when he was down. That's still not the same as punching a guy in the back of the head when he isn't looking, then piling on him and driving his face into the ice.

Besides, you're missing the major point that both McCarty and Bertuzzi have other skills on the ice. Mac wasn't exactly an offensive powerhouse, but on the grind line he was good for some points, more responsible defensively, and threw a lot of good hits without cheapshotting guys. And Bert is obviously a world of talent away from Tootoo.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

NO! Bertuzzi attacked a man from behind sucker punched him while in the midst of tackling him.

McCarty Stood toe to toe with Lemiuex!!

But keep trying!

Are you ******* blind? Lemieux was skating by, stick on the ice, not even looking at McCarty. McCarty clocked him, glove still on, and then pounded him into the ice! The only difference is Lemieux didn't get his neck broken on the play.

I'm not trying to justify what Bertuzzi did, I'm trying to point out that calling it retribution doesn't make any less of a cheap shot.

Edited by RedFX

he wouldn't fit on this team... Ledba would have to change numbers and that would make a certain member on here very sad as her jersey is most likely in the mail :)

Are you ******* blind? Lemieux was skating by, stick on the ice, not even looking at McCarty. McCarty clocked him, glove still on, and then pounded him into the ice! The only difference is Lemieux didn't get his neck broken on the play.

I'm not trying to justify what Bertuzzi did, I'm trying to point out that calling it retribution doesn't make any less of a cheap shot.

Apples and oranges. There are huge differences in the circumstances.

Anyway, this is not a Bertuzzi/Moore thread. That topic has been discussed ad nauseum. If any feel compelled to continue to beat this dead horse, by all means do so, but please do it elsewhere. This has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

I hate these threads about players like Asham,TooToo and so on, that get randomly discussed, and i get my hoped up thinking the wings my actually get someone who brings some excitement.

I mean look what the Coyotes did with there group of feisty buggers, Carcillo,Weller. There fore check is scary, and the excitement of big hits, and even bigger donnybrooks. Why cant our 4th line doo that :(((((

i loathe tootoo. i havent seen that little bastard do anything in a while though so let's turn this into a thread where we post videos of him getting beaten mercilessly or run over.