• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sebastian

Jordin Tootoo

Rate this topic

Putting homerism aside dont you think that Jordan Tootoo would be a perfect 3rd or 4th line grinder for the Wings? He gets payed pretty much nothing, will defend the star players, and gives you decent numbers. He also comes to play every night.

Tootoo isnt coming here, but i like the thought. One of the big knocks everyone used to say about Tootoo lwas that he did nothing but headhunt every shift, and had no hockey talent to offer. And here he is now with what...7 goals?

damn I just threw up all over the keyboard. Now the buttons are sticky and they smell bad....

Really if we are gonna get some cheap piece of s***, lets go get Simon, at least he can fight. :ph34r:

Edited by IceMunkee

any person who doesn't think Tootoo wouldn't be one of the most popular wings player since D-mac is smoking some serious homer stuff.

Picture this, Pronger elbows Holmstrom, but this time as soon as he turns around Tootoo low bridges him and knocks him out of the playoffs, blood for blood.

Dirty, you bet.

Not wing material,..right-o

Would he be a freaking hero in this town

You better freaking believe it.

any person who doesn't think Tootoo wouldn't be one of the most popular wings player since D-mac is smoking some serious homer stuff.

Picture this, Pronger elbows Holmstrom, but this time as soon as he turns around Tootoo low bridges him and knocks him out of the playoffs, blood for blood.

Dirty, you bet.

Not wing material,..right-o

Would he be a freaking hero in this town

You better freaking believe it.

Thats exactly what Ive been trying to get across

No thanks. I can't stand Pronger, but I hate Tootoo. There is no way in hell I'd want to see him in a Wings jersey, ever. I'd rather not have a cheapshot artist on the team, no matter how much I may not like Pronger or anyone else who takes shots at our skill guys.

I dont give a s*** how much energy he brings. I dont think hes ever manned up in a fight. I mean, has the guy once ever waited for another player to actually drop the gloves before pounding on him?

In case you hadn't notice, the ENTIRE Detroit organization is built on character and class. Either Detroit waits til a veteran's play has mellowed out to the point where he isnt making grossly dirty plays game in and game out (Chelios and Bert come to mind here...), or they sign enforcers who have a certain level of respect for other players (McCarty, Downey). Tootoo has no respect for anyone else in the leauge, save for maybe his teammates. And Im not even sure thats the case either. Its not like he had respect for his girlfriend, so Im pretty sure its just in his blood to be an *******..

And on top of that, he always looks like hes about to cry.

Boll, McGrattan, Carcillo, Niel, Nichol, etc. These guys all have a dirty side, but at least its in the minority when it comes to their game. Id much rather see one of these guys on the Wings than Tootoo. Yeah it would be nice to have a guy who could dish out some retribution, for example, on the Pronger-Holmstrom hit. But I really prefer not having to defend a scumbag play from a player wearing a Wings jersey every time we need some "energy".

Edited by YoungGuns1340

i think im with lou. i wouldnt mind it.

oh and like every other team and fan doesn't hate us already. give me a break. go to the other teams boards and see for youself. we would just have more of a reason for teams to hate us. who cares.

how do you think it was when we had Probert ?

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

i think im with lou. i wouldnt mind it.

oh and like every other team and fan doesn't hate us already. give me a break. go to the other teams boards and see for youself. we would just have more of a reason for teams to hate us. who cares.

how do you think it was when we had Probert ?

We are already the most hated team in the NHL for our success so why not add Tootoo.

When the Wings played the Ducks last week they sent a message as if they are to meet in the play-offs (which they both will be in) then the Wings have to realize that it is going to be hell. Message sent IMO. It's a regular season win for the Wings, could they handle that type of game over a 7 game series is the point. The Wings can't.

Did the Wings not have two or three players leave the game for cripes sake? The Ducks tossed the Wings around like ragdolls.

Certainly something that Holland has to address before the deadline and probably will. HATE TO BREAK IT TO YOU but the Ducks are the NHL's most physical team and the Wings are probably the least physical team. Sure that works in the regular season but the play-offs are a different beast.

Edited by Sebastian

I love you cuz, but no thanks on Jordin. He's a prick and would give the Wings a bad name.

You should probably use something else instead of this for your arguement, because a lot of hockey fans hate the Wings anyways. If you go on a Blues forum, would they give the Wings a good name? ;)

Haha, I love Tootoo discussion threads, because it's funny how everyones feathers get all ruffled up by the thought of it (him playing on the Wings that is). A simple "no" could suffice just fine.

You should probably use something else instead of this for your arguement, because a lot of hockey fans hate the Wings anyways. If you go on a Blues forum, would they give the Wings a good name? ;)

Haha, I love Tootoo discussion threads, because it's funny how everyones feathers get all ruffled up by the thought of it (him playing on the Wings that is). A simple "no" could suffice just fine.

Eh, yeah..I could of said something else. How bout I hate that dips*** and never want to see him in red and white? ;)