169 replies to this topic

#41 RedFX

RedFX

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (mooose kiiisses @ January 30, 2008 - 05:52AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Um... Last year he sucker punched another player in the face, WITH HIS GLOVES STILL ON. Since when is that considered CLEAN???

Watch the tape, if he didn't do anything, he would have been on that stretcher instead of Robidas.
-15-
Posted Image
"I don't like to be the pony. I like to be on top." -Pavel Datsyuk

#42 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (RedFX @ January 30, 2008 - 09:45AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Watch the tape, if he didn't do anything, he would have been on that stretcher instead of Robidas.

SO that justifies that what he did was right and considerd self defense? Be real man and don't assume. He was just out there looking for a head to pound on cause he is such a TOOL for Barry Trotz.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#43 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:51 AM

Tootoo would rule in a Red Wings jersey -- hate him for any other team though smile.gif
Seriously, he would be an instant fan favorite.

He is not nearly as dirty as the reputation that precedes him.... I watch a lot of Nashville games.

Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#44 LionsAndRedwingsAndPistonsOhMy

LionsAndRedwingsAndPistonsOhMy

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:12 AM

I didn't like Bert here, I certainly wouldn't like Tutu either.

I'd live, but I wouldn't be happy about it.

#45 johnnyoski

johnnyoski

Red Wing-Parrothead

• Silver Booster
  • 504 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:13 AM

Not a dirty player? You don't get a reputation for no reason.
Did anyone forget this blatant attempt to injure just earlier this season? And when it was time for him to face the music he collapsed into the stinking heap of s*** he is.
TooToo - Weller

He would NOT become a fan favorite here ever.

#46 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:43 AM

If I thought there was any chance of him coming here, I would make a wager with you, but there is no way Nashville would give him up so it is pointless.

Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#47 Naslund19

Naslund19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:45 AM

It would be nice if he came to Detroit, but it won't happen. He always plays with an edge and defends his star players and while he might dish out a few cheap shots here and there, there's other players around the league that have done that, too.

Once again though, I wouldn't mind it, but I just don't see it happening.

#48 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:48 AM

seriosuly look at his plus and minus ratio, he is usually dead last on his team.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#49 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:49 AM

He provides nothing that the wings need, he is dirty, cheap, and a huge defensive liability.
As stated in another thread by another poster, there is a reason why the wings like Downey, he will fight and hit, but he does it when it doesn't cost the wings a goal or a game.
Tootoo just does whatever when ever, he is a dirty little Turtle wanna be!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#50 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:55 AM

SPLIT GP G A PTS +/- PIM SOG SPCT PPG PPA SHG SHA GWG GTG ATOI PROD
2007-08 41 7 6 13 -4 57 70 10.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 10:02 31:38
Projected 66 11 10 21 -6 92 113 10.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 10:02 31:38
Career 210 18 22 40 -12 365 300 6.0 2 1 0 0 0 0 -- --

Wow a career minus 12 average with 2 PPG and 1 PPA and zero SHG.
210 games played with just a measely 40 points and 365 PIM?

NO THANK YOU!!!!

#51 WingsZR2

WingsZR2

Play for this and nothing else

• PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:56 AM

Tootoo is 5'9" 194lbs. He isn't big enough to go head to head with the heavyweights in the NHL. He is a defensive liability and quite frankly brings little to the offensive aspect of the game (he has 13 points thus far with a -4). He may have energy but when was the last time you heard anyone say energy wins championships. We need a big body on D. RedFX says that the folks in Nashville call Draper a dirty player, I've personally haven't heard anyone say that but then again all the people I know in Nashville who follow the Preds jumped off the bandwagon when they started the season below .500. Tootoo to the Wings, 1. won't happen, 2. wouldn't put us over the top if it did, and 3. would be the equivalent of adding “the turtle” to the 99 squad.
Youth and enthusiasm will only take you so far. I'd rather be old and smart than young and dumb any day.

Except for Darren Helm, he's a badass.

#52 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:01 AM

Edited by Salviaman, 30 January 2008 - 11:04 AM.

#53 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:09 AM

That was a dirty punch, Robidas (right?) was coming over to square off with him and he sucker punches him with a glove on.
NO thanks I hate dislike this guy even more now!!!

Hard to hate someone you don't know!

Edited by Opie, 30 January 2008 - 11:09 AM.

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#54 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:12 AM

The ***** gets whats coming to him. Cant sand that little prick. What a disgrace to hockey.

#55 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,588 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:13 AM

how did chelios become a fan fav?
and he was someone that said he would never play for a trash team like the wings. now what happened? im sure most in this thread love him.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 30 January 2008 - 11:14 AM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#56 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:18 AM

Chelios never ran away from or turtled from a situation that his dirty play created.
Chelios was never considered dirty because he took runs at people. He was a Scott Stevens (aggressive wise) player who had some damn dirty stick work.
Tootoo takes a run at a player, and then usually does one of two things when it comes time to pay the piper, sucker punch the guy while skating away from them, or taking a hit and then acting and crying like a baby on the ice to make it look like he is so hurt. s*** I would rather he Turtle take a couple of punches to the head. At least then he wouldn't be a grade A P**sy.

#57 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,022 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (RedFX @ January 30, 2008 - 06:45AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need to watch the tape.

Robidas was coming in relatively slowly, with his gloves and stick up. Most players turn around and get their gloves and stick up, then decide if they're gonna square off. Tootoo did his usual b.s. of jumping a guy. It was a suckerpunch.

He brings very little to the table, isn't defensively responsible, and is a dirty player.

No thanks.

#58 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (Opie @ January 30, 2008 - 10:18AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chelios never ran away from or turtled from a situation that his dirty play created.
Chelios was never considered dirty because he took runs at people. He was a Scott Stevens (aggressive wise) player who had some damn dirty stick work.
Tootoo takes a run at a player, and then usually does one of two things when it comes time to pay the piper, sucker punch the guy while skating away from them, or taking a hit and then acting and crying like a baby on the ice to make it look like he is so hurt. s*** I would rather he Turtle take a couple of punches to the head. At least then he wouldn't be a grade A P**sy.

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE!!!

#59 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (hillbillywingsfan @ January 30, 2008 - 11:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how did chelios become a fan fav?
and he was someone that said he would never play for a trash team like the wings. now what happened? im sure most in this thread love him.

First let me say that it took me three years to get used to Cheli in a Wings jersey. The only way he obtained my respect was by earning it night after night by playing good D without playing the game we all hated him for. He completely changed his style of play when he came here.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#60 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,736 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:26 AM

...all this is so funny! WAh Wah, I hate him, he'd make us hated, he is a prick, I'd drink my own urine before I'd want him! LOL LOL LOL!

...how many fans outside of Detroit hated Vladdy? Did that bother us back then? How many of you guys hated Chris Chelios? I know I did! Wah Wah, if Forsberg came to play for us I puke! If Fedorov ever came back I'd still boo him, I hate his greedy a$$!

...why don't you tell the truth. Sure TooToo takes so bad penalties sometimes, maybe he cheapshots sometimes, he must not do it a lot because we don't hear of him getting suspended every other week. Who would you rather have on your team, Dallas Drake (with all due respect of Drake) or Jordin TooToo? Honestly, if you were a GM, and they cost similar salaries, who be more effective in their role? Like the original poster said, put your homerism aside...

...bottom line, Jordin TooToo is about 90% of what we've been crying about NOT having all these years, a gritty, checking hard-nosed player who can knock the snot out of people and chip in the occasional goal or two. Lets pretend we pick up TooToo and maybe a couple others that have been rumored...

...imagine this team with Downey & TooToo on it. Blake or Sydor or Foote on "D" along side Chelios and Lilja. Add Fedorov or Forsberg or Sundin for extra scoring up front. Would you honestly think that we'd be physically enept in the playoffs this year? Do you think Pronger gets away with headhunting Holmstrom. Shoot, if McCarty gets a shot add him in the playoff mix. You lose Hudler for sure, Drake sits, and possibly Kopecky. Ledba becomes the 7th defensman...

Holmstrom - Datsyuk - Zetterberg
Cleary - Flips - Forsberg or Sundin
Franzen - Fedorov - TooToo
Maltby - Draper - Downey or McCarty
Drake/Kopecky

Lidstrom - Rafalski
Chelios - Kronwall
Lilja - Foote or Blake or Sydor
Ledba

...that right there not only adds scoring & grit up front, but makes our D one of the toughest and best in the league...

...I know thats a lot of moves, but realistically you only lose Hudler and maybe Kopecky off your roster. Throw in a prospect and a few picks and we could get a couple of guys (TooToo, Fedorov & Foote, plus add Forsberg if he stops being a baby) although with all the rumored players to be on the block, who knows what might happen...

...If Forsberg signs with Philly, I'd be happy to pick up Sundin or Fedorov along with Blake or Foote or Sydor and, like him or not, TooToo would brings huge dividends to this team(plus he could wear #22)

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!