169 replies to this topic

#61 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (vladdy16 @ January 30, 2008 - 12:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First let me say that it took me three years to get used to Cheli in a Wings jersey. The only way he obtained my respect was by earning it night after night by playing good D without playing the game we all hated him for. He completely changed his style of play when he came here.

there you go...an honest person. thanks vladdy.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#62 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (hillbillywingsfan @ January 30, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how did chelios become a fan fav?
and he was someone that said he would never play for a trash team like the wings. now what happened? im sure most in this thread love him.

Sure, but there is a differnce between an Elite HOF hockey player like Chris CHelios and then there is the bum, piece of trash player like Jordin Tootoo. Chelios will be rememberd as a HOF, Tootoo will be.... hmm 15 years from now? I think not.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#63 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (hillbillywingsfan @ January 30, 2008 - 08:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how did chelios become a fan fav?
and he was someone that said he would never play for a trash team like the wings. now what happened? im sure most in this thread love him.

Chelios is definitely no angel, but are you seriously comparing a 3 time Norris winner and all-star defenseman to a marginal 4th liner who is known more for his cheapshots than anything else he does on the ice?

And for the record, I hated Chelios when he played in Chicago. HATED him. But I always thought he was a great player.

I can't even come close to saying the same about Tootoo, other than the hate part.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 30 January 2008 - 11:29 AM.

#64 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (haroldsnepsts @ January 30, 2008 - 10:28AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chelios is definitely no angel, but are you seriously comparing a 3 time Norris winner and all-star defenseman to a marginal 4th liner who is known more for his cheapshots than anything else he does on the ice?

And for the record, I hated Chelios when he played in Chicago. HATED him. But I always thought he was a great player.

I can't even come close to saying the same about Tootoo, other than the hate part.

Exactly my thoughts as well. thumbup.gif
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#65 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (haroldsnepsts @ January 30, 2008 - 12:28PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my point was people change when they come here....you have to admit tootoo is on every night. he never sits back. i would love to have someone like that. only yes if he wouldn't do the cheap shots. think about it. if he was to come here...not saying it would ever happen...but if we were to get a rough and tumble person that can and will take on anyone in the league then we wouldn't get comments like the ones that i have been hearing about how the ducks sent us a message.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#66 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (Salviaman @ January 30, 2008 - 11:12AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The ***** gets whats coming to him. Cant sand that little prick. What a disgrace to hockey.

...you know what, if you pause it a moment of impact on the third replay (the closeup one at the 1:18 mark of the video) it is actually (clearly) a shoulder that hits him in the chin. Look at it, slow it down, frame by frame it. It's TooToo's shoulder that gets the impact, not his elbow as a matter of fact at the 1:49 mark it is no doubt, 100% sure that it is a shoulder, hence NOT AN ILLEGAL HIT, what is so dirty about that?

Edited by LeftWinger, 30 January 2008 - 11:35 AM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#67 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (LeftWinger @ January 30, 2008 - 10:32AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    ...you know what, if you pause it a moment of impact on the third replay (the closeup one at the 1:18 mark of the video) it is actually (clearly) a shoulder that hits him in the chin. Look at it, slow it down, frame by frame it. It's TooToo's shoulder that gets the impact, not his elbow...

So that means that his charging of the opposing player is deemed void cause it was a shoulder and not a elbow?

#68 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
    • 16,912 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (LeftWinger @ January 30, 2008 - 08:32AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    ...you know what, if you pause it a moment of impact on the third replay (the closeup one at the 1:18 mark of the video) it is actually (clearly) a shoulder that hits him in the chin. Look at it, slow it down, frame by frame it. It's TooToo's shoulder that gets the impact, not his elbow as a matter of fact at the 1:49 mark it is no doubt, 100% sure that it is a shoulder, hence NOT AN ILLEGAL HIT, what is so dirty about that?

It may have been a shoulder, I can't really tell.

But what about the 5 strides he took to the deliver the hit? Then there's also the whole dive at the end.

#69 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,288 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (haroldsnepsts @ January 30, 2008 - 10:37AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But what about the 5 strides he took to the deliver the hit? Then there's also the whole dive at the end.

Exactly on spot again my friend! I don't see why people defend this disgrace to the game of hockey. WHO wants a player that always leaves his feet and takes 5+ strides before he hits a player? Screw Tootoo and his selfish hockey play.

Edited by Salviaman, 30 January 2008 - 11:40 AM.

#70 EuroTwinLove40

EuroTwinLove40

2nd Line Scorer

• Silver Booster
    • 702 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:51 AM

HELL NO. All the reasons why he is complete scum have already been said, so i'll spare you. The only people I can think of that would love Tootoo in a Wings jersey are people that know absolutely nothing about hockey at all. But it will never happen, so I'm not going to get too worked up about this.

#71 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,288 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (EuroTwinLove40 @ January 30, 2008 - 10:51AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    HELL NO. All the reasons why he is complete scum have already been said, so i'll spare you. The only people I can think of that would love Tootoo in a Wings jersey are people that know absolutely nothing about hockey at all. But it will never happen, so I'm not going to get too worked up about this.

I know dude, this is why I have to post videos of this TOOL so people can realize that he actually sucks at hockey.

#72 EuroTwinLove40

EuroTwinLove40

2nd Line Scorer

• Silver Booster
    • 702 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (Salviaman @ January 30, 2008 - 12:00PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I know dude, this is why I have to post videos of this TOOL so people can realize that he actually sucks at hockey.

Haha I'm a girl, but I guess you can call me dude if you really want to lol. And yeahh, if people can watch those clips and still say he's great...they are blind.

#73 Jwo

Jwo

Let's go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,663 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (Sebastian @ January 29, 2008 - 10:36PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    He will put more butts in the seats at the Joe with all the energy that he brings day in and day out.

Nope people won't put their butt's in the seat since he is not American which people can not ID with him.

FireCaptain - "THIS ISN'T DATELINE, BUT WE'RE HERE TO STOP A PREDATOR."
    Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du,
    When I see you Red Wings,
    I go out of my head,
    I just can't get enough,
    I just can't get enough,
    All the things you do to me and all the things you said,
    I just can't get enough.
    I just can't get enough
    We slip and slide and we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough of...
    Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du

#74 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
    • 8,612 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (haroldsnepsts @ January 30, 2008 - 11:37AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...may have been a charge, may have been a dive. Neither of which sets him apart from 50% of the league...

www.thinkdunes.com

#75 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
    • 8,612 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (Jwo @ January 30, 2008 - 12:14PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Nope people won't put their butt's in the seat since he is not American which people can not ID with him.

blink.gif Just how many Americans do you think are on the team now? So you are saying that is why the Joe doesn't sell out? again... blink.gif

www.thinkdunes.com

#76 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,911 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (Salviaman @ January 30, 2008 - 12:00PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thumbup.gif

He is not playing hockey, he his playing some version of WWF/roller derby on skates. The main thing is that he has no respect for anyone. You can hate each other out on the ice, but still have respect. Chris Chelios is hated but respected. McCarty will fight as hard as he can like his friends life depends on it, then comes at the end, he taps the guy on the back shoulder as says good fight. Thats what its all about. Its a game, its got rules and parameters and tradition. Tootoo doesn't get it.

Finishing a check isn't lining up a guy from 40 feet away and leaving the ice to blindside him at 25mph plus. Especially when you just left a wide open spot on the ice to do it. Thats bad hockey. The guy has no character, no brains. In the lockerroom and on the ice, the other guys are embarrassed of his tactics. Thats why in the video there wasn't a big brawl after the little puke got clotheslined, just an obligatory bear hug, his teammates weren't about to stick up for him, they know he's a major ass and a disgrace.

It will never happen because the Red Wings organization is not stupid enough to get Jordon Tootoo. He is nothing but a liability in every sense of the word.

#77 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
    • 16,912 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (LeftWinger @ January 30, 2008 - 09:19AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    ...may have been a charge, may have been a dive. Neither of which sets him apart from 50% of the league...

Actually it does.

If 50% of the league were doing what Tootoo did, it wouldn't even be hockey anymore.

He is a part of a small group. Marginal players with limited to no skills at the NHL level, who keep their place in the lineup by running and/or jumping guys.

#78 e_mcgrath88

e_mcgrath88

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
    • 665 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:20 PM

Would love him here.. he's putting up better numbers than our 4th line guys.. plus he's a lot more exciting then old man Drake

#79 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
    • 3,531 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (EuroTwinLove40 @ January 30, 2008 - 12:51PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you are right..the only people that like him know nothing about hockey..thats why he's playing in the nhl because the people that sign him know nothing about hockey.
    msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#80 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
    • 8,874 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (T.Low @ January 30, 2008 - 01:04PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    thumbup.gif

He is not playing hockey, he his playing some version of WWF/roller derby on skates. The main thing is that he has no respect for anyone. You can hate each other out on the ice, but still have respect. Chris Chelios is hated but respected. McCarty will fight as hard as he can like his friends life depends on it, then comes at the end, he taps the guy on the back shoulder as says good fight. Thats what its all about. Its a game, its got rules and parameters and tradition. Tootoo doesn't get it.

Finishing a check isn't lining up a guy from 40 feet away and leaving the ice to blindside him at 25mph plus. Especially when you just left a wide open spot on the ice to do it. Thats bad hockey. The guy has no character, no brains. In the lockerroom and on the ice, the other guys are embarrassed of his tactics. Thats why in the video there wasn't a big brawl after the little puke got clotheslined, just an obligatory bear hug, his teammates weren't about to stick up for him, they know he's a major ass and a disgrace.

It will never happen because the Red Wings organization is not stupid enough to get Jordon Tootoo. He is nothing but a liability in every sense of the word.

clap.gif clap.gif

More insight: Tootoo Dumb To Play? - Andy Strickland, ESPN

Edited by esteef, 30 January 2008 - 01:35 PM.

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."